Rebounded

Drabbles (Seulrene edition)

Irene took long breaths and ran her fingers through her long tresses. She could have not expected herself earlier this day that she'd be in this situation right at this hour when she solely swore to herself that she would never be involved. Here she is, helping a total stranger out when this lady completely slipped out of conciousness on her and released quite a volume of vomit all over her shirt. Irene hates herself being so kind at times like this when she should have been down on her own bed, crying over her heartbreak after her ex boyfriend cheated on her with the campus' biggest . That made it the two of them--her ex and the said girl. Irene could only roll her eyes at the thought. Somehow, bumping to this troublesome lady currently in her arms made her forget her misery for a short while.

Bumping along the walls to her bedroom, Irene struggled and cursed while pulling this drunkard to the bed. The lady reeked of alcohol and that alone made Irene think of ways to get rid of the smell tomorrow, or later, out of her matress. She's not quite fond of the said smell.

Looking at the lady on her bed, Irene contemplates whether to let the girl with her dirty clothes on or should she change her to some cleaner wear. Irene opted to just change the lady. She can't be more troubled if the lady wakes up with a cold.

The sun's up, illuminating the whole room with great brightness. Kang Seulgi groaned. She winces out of pain when her head reminded her of her hangover causing her a pounding ache after drinking herself out to madness. She could not remember anything from last night after getting drunk. Last thing she remembers is that time she went back to the counter after dancing. And now thinking about it, how did she manage to go home? She looked around the room and cursed when she realized she's not in her bedroom. She's in another person's pad. Out of instinct, she checked herself and became more confused seeing her clothes. As far as she can remember, she does not own shirts like this. When the door opened, however, her perplexity came flying out of the window and admiration replaced instead. There in front of her is an angel, she believes. How can a mere human be this beautiful?

"I see you're conscious now. Eat first before you take this medicine for headache." The lady talked. Seulgi gawked. The lady cleared to stop Seulgi from obviously checking her out and the latter immediately looked away. Feeling embarassed at her own foolishness, Seulgi instantly gobbled down the food handed to her and did not dare to look up again. If she did, she would have seen the lady smiling at her.

After taking up the medicine, Seulgi fidgeted, contemplating if she should ask why she's currently here at this room, how did it happen, and every question formulating in her mind, or just keep mum.

Seeing the patient in her bed in a state of confusion, Irene decided to speak.

"I'm Bae Joohyun. I happen to go to that club last night when I saw you picking up fights to whoever you see blocking your way. Long story short, you puked and decided to doze off on me leaving me no choice but to drag you out of the club and helping you here." 

Seulgi couldn't be more embarassed after hearing Irene. She swears to never go back clubbing again.

"I'm sorry for causing so much trouble to you. How can I redeem myself for such bother?" Seulgi asked. She should repay Irene for pulling her from more trouble.

"You did not even introduced yourself yet." Irene respoded with a little tease. Seulgi blushed again. 

"I'm Kang Seulgi. I'm sorry for the lack of manners." 

Irene chuckled. She did not expect this lady in front of her to be this... cute. 

Suddenly, a thought hit Irene like a bullet train. She smirked and looked at Kang Seulgi very intently. 

"How about a cup of coffee? Tomorrow. Lunch." 

Seulgi almost immediately agreed.

"How about free coffee everyday? I wouldn't mind if it means giving them to you." Seulgi half-joked. Irene squinted her eyes. "You were dumped too, weren't you?" Seulgi laughed. "Spot on. Let's team up?" She suggested. Irene chuckled and agreed. Let rebounds be rebounds.