Chapter 5 - New Starts

Destiny

"What is your favorite colour?", Sana asked while picking up a flower in front of them.

 

Mina realized she's surrounded by towering bushes, and she had no idea where she currently is.

 

Sana tucked the flower she picked on Mina's ears, "There you go, beauty", with a giggle (a music to Mina's ears).

 

Traces of blushes painted on Mina's face as she stirred the flower and smile in appreciation on Sana's gesture, "Thank you, Sana-ssi". 

 

In a sudden, Sana got dangerously close in front of Mina, showing a little pout, "Sana-ssi?, Just call me Sana, S.A.N.A. We've been talking for a while now, we're already friends. Though, you still didn't give your name yet". 

 

Flustered, head tucked down, and with stutters, Mina introduces herself "M-Mina, Myoui Mina. And my favorite colour is purple".

 

True that almost an hour had passed since Sana found Mina here. They had been conversing since, about the most random and frivolous things like do alien exists or something weird like that. The atmosphere was a healing session for Mina and she enjoyed every moment of it.

 

"Woah, we have the same favorite colour!", Sana exclaimed excitedly, clapping, as she made a circle around Mina. Every Sana's actions caught Mina's attention.

 

"What a beautiful creature", a feeling of admiration rose inside Mina's heart as she thought of it - not, she blurted it out.

 

Sana stopped abruptly from her frantic action, blushed and slowly ducked down grinning at Mina, "Am I that pretty?", eyes teasing.

 

No answer from Mina, looking away from Sana, she was slapping herself mentally, "Why did that have to come out!"

 

As Mina thought everything was over, a soft hand cupped her cheek, guiding it to the front. Mina sight was greeted by the most beautiful smile her eyes ever laid upon. Her heart seems to stop beating for a moment. 

 

Sana is getting closer, and closer, till their head smoothed each other.

 

Panicked, Mina tried to pull herself away from Sana. "Stop.", Mina stopped in awkward position.

 

"You know, I am no good with someone breaking in front of me. I don't want to experience it anymore", Sana breath brushes Mina mouth as she confessed.

 

Still, in her weird position, Mina stiffly said, "Sorry...", she feels like it needed to be said.

 

"Did you hear someone is calling for you?", Sana still had her head touching Mina.

 

Mina surrounding sounds muffled and she's dizzy from Sana breath, heart beating wildly - she heard nothing of sort.

 

Sana pulled herself away from Mina, "Seems like someone will be getting you out of here.", she said with a smile. "Look like I need to excuse myself now. If destiny ever allowed us, we will meet again", Sana walked away from dazed Mina.

 

Mina wanted to see Sana one last time. She collects herself and turned her sight towards Sana direction--

 

Soft lips are touching her own, she tasted lime.

 

Sana quickly drew herself away from Mina, cupping , clearly shocked. 

 

Being mischievous, she turned back to kiss Mina's cheek teasingly, but then, Mina turned her head around--

 

A brief pause passed, Sana grinned from ear to ear, her face warm. 

 

Eyeing frozen Mina, apologetically said, "I'm so sorry".

 

She walked away again, hopping as she happily hummed some song unbeknownst to Mina.

 

Mina was frozen in place, lime flavour lingering on her lips. She just had a kiss with a person she barely knew. Mina's fingers outline her lips and the feeling of longing for warmth enveloping her. It has been so long since she last kissed someone.

 

Someone rocked Mina's shoulder and she recovered.

 

"Mina-ya! I've been searching for you like forever! Why didn't you answer my call?!", a loud voice with a worried expression is drawn on her face.

 

She's not angry but was anxious about Mina doing something stupid.

 

"I'm really sorry", Mina's head bowed down not wanting to meet Jeongyeon eyes.

 

The brunette was repentant towards Jeongyeon, she must be worried sick to yell at Mina like that.

 

Jeongyeon pulled Mina into her chest. "I'm sorry I yelled. I'm not angry. It's just, I'm really worried. I'm sorry, that I'm not by your side. I don't know how much hurt you feel, but I will always be here to share the burden.", as she Mina's hair.

 

Tears were b in Mina's eyes, she murmuring in Jeongyeon embrace, "I'm sorry Jeong, I just couldn't hold it anymore. It hurts. It hurts so much.", as she returns the hug. 

 

Jeongyeon gave Mina moments to be at ease and slowly shifts and eyed her foot. "Did you hurt your feet? It looks swollen".

 

The swelling was visible and looked bad. Mina had forgotten that she had sprained her ankle - a sudden prickling pain pounding on it. 

 

Jeongyeon picked up her phone and called for help. In just a few minutes, the Mansion staffs arrived and were ready with a stretcher. "Lady Yoo, the family ambulance is waiting, we will bring her there", they carefully laid Mina on the stretcher and proceeded to the ambulance.

 

Mina just realized that she was still in the Mansion vicinity. The towering bushes were actually the Mansion puzzle-shaped garden. The staffs were struggling to get out of there. Eventually, Mina safely made it into the ambulance. Jeongyeon escorted her, "My University hospital, go", she cooly orders the driver.

 

*****

 

Mina was assigned to a private room, a doctor came to inspect her ankle. Luckily it is not serious.

 

A nurse was assigned to attend Mina, precisely cleaning and administer ice packs to reduce the swelling, completed with a neat wrapping of a compression bandage. Mina didn't forget to thank the nurse as she exits the room after telling Mina to rest well.

 

Jeongyeon enters the room with someone on her trail. Once Mina laid her eyes on the person, a blinding beam of light flashes, accompanied by a chorus of angelic voice playing - Mina's eyes were almost blinded by her appearance.

 

"Let me introduce you, this is Dr Tzuyu, she's the director of this hospital", Jeongyeon introduces Tzuyu to Mina. 

 

"Just call me Tzuyu. I heard that you just started working at the university, we are colleague then, Myoui Mina-ssi", with a little smile, Tzuyu approaches Mina, holding her hand out to shake hands.

 

Mina swears that everything Tzuyu does was in slow-motion on a flowery path. She's walking towards Mina with so much elegance, each movement was artistic, a wind seems to blew her hair away to accentuate her tall neck.

 

Jeongyeon tapped Mina's shoulder, Mina looked at her with mouth still wide-open, Jeongyeon just nodded in approval. She had experienced it first hand. Tzuyu was an undeniable, gorgeously beautiful, a beauty without equal, with a bonus - superior intelligence.

 

She holds the title of a Hospital Director at such a young age, a year older than Mina. Mina was regarded young to be a lecturer, she managed to climb on her current position by skipping grades. The person in front of her reaches the peak in such a short time.

 

Tzuyu smiled as she took Mina's hand and shook it by herself - seems familiar with the situation. Jeongyeon laughs at Mina reaction as she passed Mina a handkerchief.

 

"Who's handkerchief is this?", Mina asked looking confuse. 

 

"You dropped it on the way to the ambulance. It's yours right?", Jeongyeon clarified.

 

Certain person popped into Mina minds, touching her lips, she shyly grinned.

 

It's Sana's handkerchief. A hope of meeting Sana again swelled inside her heart - she would have a reason to meet her, the handkerchief. Jeongyeon noticed Mina expression but decided to ignore it, for now.

 

Tzuyu proceeded to tell Mina how should she take care of her leg, but all Mina heard was an angelic chorus. 

 

"It will take a while to get used to this", Jeongyeon whispers to Mina's ears, whilst she repeated what Tzuyu just said to Mina.

 

*****

 

Mina's ankle will take five days to full recovery. She insisted on going back home in the next day, explaining that she needed to prepare for her class in the coming Wednesday - the new semester is starting soon.

 

Jeongyeon was against the idea. She asked Mina what does she needs and brought the whole thing to the hospital room. Mina truly touched by the gesture.

 

Each time Jeongyeon visited, Tzuyu will be there to hang out with them. Mina genuinely enjoyed their company. They would share stories of the teenage days and Mina learned a lot of things about them during her stay.

 

Both of them came from a wealthy family background. Jeongyeon father is an owner of a world famous brand of clothing, which branches throughout the world. She even helped her father to manage some of the branches sometimes - that's what she means by taking care of business.

 

Meanwhile, Tzuyu was no different. She's from Taiwan and her family essentially run most of the hospital in China. To be able to support her family business in the future, gaining knowledge was Tzuyu priority. Travel around the world was her decision but weirdly enough, she's stuck here in Korea. Something seems to stop her from going away.

 

Their bond was quickly formed and solidified during Mina's stay.

 

Mina has never once forgotten about Nayeon - she was carved in her mind indefinitely. Crying in her sleep every day and each moment when she's alone had been a custom. Resentment and sadness kept shifting her mind - felt betrayed and abandoned.

 

She's determined to lock the hope she still holds in the deepest part of her heart.

 

*****

 

It's Wednesday and Mina decided to attend her first class, ignoring Jeongyeon plea urging her to rest longer. (responsibility comes first, so like Mina).

 

Mina walks her way to the office early, two hours before the class, the sun just started peeking out. People witnessing her walking with a limping leg is not to her liking as she's pretty much dragging herself.

 

After struggling a bit, Mina arrived at her office. Sitting down, her insides were in scrambles. She is nervous about what coming to her. Conversing with a person was already tough, now she needs to deal with a masses.

 

A bunch of papers is on her hand. Detailing the things she needs to say in advance was Mina's habit. It's a habit she built as the results of annoyance she felt when she always stuttered during a conversation. An unusual approach, but it works for Mina.

 

Her alarm clock sounded, it means she needed to attend the class. With her backpack containing teaching materials, Mina slowly made her way to the class (fortunately its close). Trying to walk as normally as she's able to.  

 

A laugh echoed behind her and she turned to see Jeongyeon imitating her limping walks. A sharp glare was thrown and small giggle followed. This fellow is such a joker.

 

"Let me help you", the blonde said, still laughing.

 

She took Mina by her waist and assist her till they arrived at the class. Jeongyeon placed Mina on the lecturer's seat with care. Mina was a bit embarrassed with all the eyes watching them on their way here, Jeongyeon didn't seem to bother.

 

"I'll see you later, Minaring!", Jeongyeon exits her classroom to attend her's. The class was still empty, Mina arrived 10 minutes early. 

 

A student entered the class without sparing a glance at Mina. She sat in the furthest row, taking out her books and starts reading.

 

Mina squinted, she had seen this student before - short hair with a mole on the left underlips, easily identifiable. She retracted her sight from the student and decided to ignore her existence, wanted to keep out of trouble.

 

Students flooded the classroom a minute before the class started. Around 20 students attended, bowing their head greeting Mina before taking their seat. Mina smiled despite her abnormal heart rate, nervous - recalling the sentences that she had planned to say.

 

"Good Morning, My name is Myoui Mina. I'll be teaching your guys this semester. Hope we can work well together", her introduction went smoothly.

 

Jeongyeon advised Mina to designate the first class solely for introduction, she obeyed, chose to take it slowly.

 

Mina invited the students started from the front row to introduce themselves in turns whilst Mina checked their name on the attendance sheet. Mina specifically noted the girl with a mole, wanting to avoid her.

 

"Son Chaeyoung", she said short then sat down resuming her reading.

 

Once Mina heard the name, she made a mental note to ignore the person named Son Chaeyoung. The introduction session finished and there were two students absent, Kim Dahyun and Minatozaki Sana.

 

"Sana? is it her?", Mina thought to herself, a bit excited.

 

*****

 

A/N:

Thank you so much for your time reading my story! I hope you enjoy this chapter!

 

MiSana was soaring upwards right now. But no worries, MiChaeng will also follow. and don't give up on MiNayeon yet, there is still hope! I guess...

 

Feel free to leave your thought in the comment section below! 

 

Thanks again!