Chapter 4 - Letting go

Destiny

Both of them sat silently for a good 20 minutes. Mina was devastated and Jeongyeon regretted telling her the news. Though, she was somewhat thankful for the slip of the tongue, as it will be harder to break the news later.

 

Mina stopped crying and stares at the corner of the office - with an empty expression. She didn't know what to do or what to think. She is supposed to be crying right now, but she didn't.

 

Maybe she's too tired of crying; it won't bring Nayeon back. Maybe she's supposed to be angry because she had been abandoned.

 

Jeongyeon wanted to break the silence that encapsulates the room. "Let me take you to your apartment", Jeongyeon holding her hand out smiling, waiting for Mina to receive it. Mina accepts and Jeongyeon pulled her out of the office.

 

*****

 

The apartment was quite close. In fact, it's just 10 minutes walk from Mina's office. Jeongyeon chooses to walk instead, taking her time to show Mina around a little bit.

 

During the walk, Jeongyeon is pointing here and there, describing the places that they walked by. Mina didn't hear anything, her mind was somewhere else. 

 

Mina almost bumped on several columns in her way, getting Jeongyeon to save her multiple time. Jeongyeon eventually decided to stick close, hugging Mina's hand to avoid any unwanted collision.

 

Mina was shocked by Jeongyeon move and she regained her awareness. Jeongyeon smiled at her and Mina head bowed down, embarrassed. The tour quickly ended as they arrived at the building where Mina's apartment was situated - a sixteen stories building.

 

The apartment Mina was given is on the third floor. Once she entered the apartment, she was so shocked that her jaw was wide open. She thought that the office was overkill, but this apartment, it's just out of the world.

 

Complete set of vintage furniture was arranged neatly, combined with the contemporary design of the floors, lamps that suspended from the ceiling. Mina eagerly climbed the set of marble round stairs leads to the second floor. She got to see the whole apartment from where she's standing.

 

The whole apartment looks like a drama set - everything is perfect. 

 

"Pretty good huh? Our Uni is rich like this." Jeongyeon grinned at Mina side, looks proud.

 

The brunette is speechless. It never occurred to her that she will receive something grand like this.

 

She was relieved that the accommodation is provided but never is her imagination it was like this. She thought it will be a cramped place, which she didn't really mind about.

 

Mina was still confused but is excited at the same time. This beauty is her freaking apartment. She excitedly checked out every part of her new home, grinning widely along the way.

 

After Mina little tour, she decided to sort her things out - Jeongyeon decided to 'help'. The apartment staffs already delivered Mina's luggage earlier. It seems like Jeongyeon left it here before she'd gone doing her thing.

 

Mina luggage was full of plushies, penguin plushies to be exact. 

 

Jeongyeon found it cute and teased Mina about it. "Minaring is a penguin", sticking her tongue out, imitating a penguin walks as she laughs on Mina's face.

 

Mina stares at the blonde and showed a small pout. But unable to hold her laugh on the funny scene, she burst out into laughter. 

 

She didn't feel awkward with Jeongyeon act, rather, she found it hilarious and heart-warming.

 

Jeongyeon might be a Ph.D. holder and no doubt an excellent academician. Once you got to know her, she's actually goofy and playful. She loves teasing, and her favourite person to tease is Momo.

 

*****

 

Mina was somewhat done with her stuff and they sat down together making small talk in the living room, looking exhausted.

 

Jeongyeon didn't help at all, all she just did is taking out Mina clothes to try it out for herself - making her own fashion show out of it. Showing series of poses she called 'high-fashion pose', inciting Mina's laughs every time.

 

Whilst their conversation, Mina turned serious and made a request, "Jeong, would you take me to the wedding? I promise I won't do anything stupid", determination expressed in her features. 

 

Jeongyeon sighed and looked at Mina like she's expecting this. "Mina, I don't want to see you hurt. Don't you think its better if you just let it go?", a concerned look on Jeongyeon face as she replied.

 

"I insist.", Mina straightforwardly replied.

 

Jeongyeon just shrugged and nodded at Mina request.

 

Mina was adamant about going to the wedding. She wanted to see it personally, believing that it will be a clear proof that she needs to let all this go, let Nayeon go.

 

Jeongyeon exited Mina's apartment quite late. Mina found out that Jeongyeon also lives in the same building, on the ninth floor.

 

The blonde told Mina that she'll be gone tomorrow taking care of some business but will be back on the day after (Saturday), to attend the wedding. They say their goodbye and Mina goes directly to her bed.

 

Lying down, Mina recalled the things that happened today.

 

The dreams she had - she wanted it to be real. Getting over Nayeon is an impossible task for her; Nayeon was her first love, first kiss, and firsts in many situations.

 

Getting to know Jeongyeon was a brand new experience for Mina. She had never opened up so quickly in her life. Even Jihyo need to struggle a little bit to get into Mina's little bubble. Mina smiled at the thought of this first friend she made here, thinking she would adore this person wholeheartedly.

 

She didn't cry that night.

 

*****

 

"Hurry Minaring!! We are going to be late!", Jeongyeon shouts at Mina hurrying her up.

 

Mina woke up late as she had been contemplating about today's event the night before.

 

Today's Nayeon Wedding Day.

 

Mina needs to get ready for anything that will be happening to her. She wants to see this through. Jeongyeon secretly brought boxes of tissues in her car to help Mina wipe later on.

 

Mina was wearing a simple draped one-piece black dress that looks perfect on her, she's satisfied with it. She didn't have any high-end formal dress in her wardrobe anyways.

 

Meanwhile, Jeongyeon looks stunning on her long double-ed tweed blazer matched with pants that accentuate her long legs - her usual chic looks. Mina feels so little in Jeongyeon celebrity-like presence.

 

*****

 

Jeongyeon cars arrived in front of a gate of a magnificent white Mansion, the sight was blinding.

 

A huge marble fountain could be seen sitting in the center of the huge front yard, furnished with two angels on the top praying to the sky. Trees planted and trimmed in various shapes decorating the Mansion's gate. The area dedicated to the Mansion was enormous, it's hard to scale with vision alone. The owner must be filthy rich.

 

A well-dressed valet boy was waiting and Jeongyeon gestured at them to take the keys. Mina followed Jeongyeon closely as both of them made their way inside through the Mansion gate. The sidewalks were adorned with varieties of flowers, it looks magical.

 

Mina recognized this place. It's Nayeon home. She's a from a prosperous family. She always wondered why did Nayeon choose someone with her status, to begin with.

 

Occasionally she sent Nayeon home but never stepped inside of the Mansion's area. Nayeon parent hated her, more accurately, despises her. They are opposed to Nayeon relationship, moreover with someone with a lower class as Mina - like a typical rich people.

 

They had it tough when it comes to defending their relationship. It was Nayeon the reason Mina endured. In their early relationship stage, there are lots of times Mina wanted to give up. 

 

Nayeon always said, "It's not me that's rich, it's my parents. I'm no one, and I have nothing. All I ever wanted is you".

 

The words stuck in Mina's mind indefinitely. Nayeon wanted to show Mina that she's simply a human with a desire to be with her loved one.

 

Her ex never shows anything that's made her look rich in front of Mina. She even bought Mina gifts with her own effort from working part-time - which she made a lot of mess that Mina needs to take care of. That's what's made Mina fall in love with her every time, even harder.

 

It's all in the past. Now Mina's here, attending her loved one wedding.

 

*****

 

At the entrance of the Mansion's hall, Jeongyeon was greeted by Nayeon's family. Mina was trembling in the sight of Nayeon's parents in front of her. She recalled the series of dehumanizing words thrown at her when once Nayeon tried to introduce Mina to them - a memory she wanted to forget. She's started to break down.

 

Fortunately, they didn't seem to recognize Mina as Jeongyeon introduces her as a colleague. Maybe they didn't give a about Mina. Nevertheless, Mina was glad Jackson was not there.

 

Jeongyeon noticed that Mina looks disturbed and hugged Mina by her shoulder. She can feel Mina was shaking. Jeongyeon proceeded to carefully take Mina on the seat placed on the rear side - in case of anything happen it wouldn't be too noticeable.

 

Mina sat as she feels like she's waiting for her death sentence. She's hugged herself tightly, holding her pieces together, didn't want to break.

 

Jeongyeon pledged to herself that she won't ever leave Mina alone. A lot of her family members actually tried to pull Jeongyeon to the front seat but she made up excuses to stay with Mina.

 

Eventually, with an announcement, the groom entered the hall, all the guests stood up.

 

The groom was a tall man wearing a white suit that flattered his extremely good looks. He is a type of man that even the ugliest shirt will look great on him. Charming dimple adorned his face when he smiled and greeted the guests - series of exploded ovaries can be heard in the hall. Some of the guests were actually fainted by his good looks. He marches through the aisle towards the front stage.

 

Mina didn't spare a glance.

 

Gently, 'A on G String' by Bach reverberated in every part the hall as a symphony of orchestra started playing, welcoming the bride to enter the hall.

 

Enters the bride with her father, side by side, looking at each other. Beaming as they made their way to the stage where the groom was waiting to receive his bride. Guests were in silence in their amazement over the beautiful bride.

 

Wrapped in a long white wedding dress, it matches the bride stunning figure perfectly. The frilly dress train was laid on her trail, as she gracefully moves along towards the groom. Eye on the front, smiling. Colorful flower petals were scattered around by the child bridesmaid leading the bride.

 

Mina slowly lifts her head up, gazing towards the bride.

 

It seems it has been an eternity since Mina last saw her. Mina favourite person in the entire world, Nayeon.

Mina yearned this person. 

Very badly. 

It's killing her.

 

Tears started streaming down her cheeks, throat tightening, it hurts so much. She bit her lips to ease the pain in her heart. Her lips bleed.

 

Mina reaches her hand out, seemingly wanting to call Nayeon, but nothing is coming out. She misses everything about Nayeon and she desperately wanted to tell her.

 

Jeongyeon watches Mina, and she held her tears. Seeing Mina like this, she could not help but feel sorry. She tightens her hand on Mina's shoulder, unable to do anything and just watch this person crumbling.

 

Mina surrounding sounds muffled, time seems to be in slow motion, as her vision traces every Nayeon movement; she stands in front of the groom, till--

 

"... I pronounce you husband and wife"

 

Releasing herself from Jeongyeon, Mina ran away exiting the hall with all of her might. Jeongyeon called her name out, but she didn't hear anything. Getting out from there, as soon as possible is her priority. She could not hold the pain anymore, she wanted to scream her lungs out.

 

Mina ran without stopping as if death were chasing her. Eventually, she crashed to the ground when her heels snapped. Knee scrapped, bleeding. Tried to pick herself up, but failed, her ankle was sprained, might be broken.

 

She's out of nowhere, wailing, releasing everything she had bottled up till now.

 

*****

 

A hand with a purple coloured handkerchief slowly wiped Mina tears, handling Mina like the most fragile thing in the world. Mina was seated as she wept. She looked up and squinted, the sun was beaming towards her.

 

The hand owner moved slightly to covers Mina from the glaring sunlight. Mina thought she just saw an angel - she's inhumanly beautiful, the sunlight seems to serve as her spread wings. 

 

Mina gaped for a while. A concerned and worried look evident on the person's face, tears b almost crying. Mina was puzzled. 

 

"Why are you crying?", Mina was shot with a question.

 

She couldn't help but answer, blubbering, "I'b-m s-sad, m-my loved one i-is leav-leaving me f-for good", almost incomprehensible.

 

The person got close to Mina, sat down and hugged Mina's hand, "This too shall pass.", she simply said.

 

Mina took a glace, still sobbing, frowned a bit, trying to decipher the words.

 

"I got that from my old friend. She told me that every time when she's faced with problems. Our life is full of obstacle and challenges, we need to get over it to continue living". She smiled at Mina then looked at the distance with a bit of pause, "...that is why, what you experience now, will eventually pass too.", a small smile with a hint of sadness followed.

 

Mina's eyes traced that person profile from the side, and she's truly beautiful, but quickly averted her eyes when she turned to her.

 

"Hi. My name is Sana. Nice to meet you", Sana greeted Mina with a wide smile.

 

*****

 

Thank you so much for spending your time reading my story!

 

This chapter is a bit longer and I think the pace is a bit off. I know I'm really bad at pacing the story, Sorry TT. I tried to sharpen my writing skill as I go. And I'm struggling to describe the surroundings too. TT Limited vocab.

 

MiSana flag just triggered! (Reference from TV6) A bit different from MiChaeng.

 

By the way, the idea of the groom is CLICK HERE. WTH right?

 

Again, I'm truly thankful for your subscription, it kept me going, and don't forget to leave some of your thought in the comment!