Chapter 1 - Prologue

Destiny

Mina feels comfortable being alone. She enjoyed minimal movement inside the house, without any contact with outsiders. She had locked herself inside for almost 2 weeks straight, only step outside to clean up her online takeaways wastes.

 

Sometimes, alone time is necessary. But getting too much of it could drive someone somewhat crazy. In Mina's case, she was talking to herself and laughs thinking she had gone crazy.

 

Her housemate had left her alone for more than two months since she’s already done with her study. She had gone back home and are coming back later for her Graduation Day.

 

Mina did not feel awkward being alone in stretched time-frame. She has always been an introverted person and she claimed herself to be one - often found peace in her quite surrounding. Getting surrounded by people in a long span of time could be exhausting. Though not with her closest peoples, her friends, family or her special one.

 

Mina is an expert in spending her alone time by doing whatever. Supply her with a computer and an internet connection, she can live forever. Of course with an online takeaway - her favourite since there is no need to step out of the house.

 

It’s been a year and a half since she decided to further her study in the UK. She didn’t decide this by herself. Her family forced her to it. But then she learned to accept it since it’s her way out of the miserable job that she had before.

 

Working without rest on a daily basis, with no overtime payment - she hated the job. Moreover, she wanted to have a better pay to support her family.

 

Studying is one thing that she’s good at. She excelled in her previous studies, thus she was accepted as a scholarship student at Newcastle University. She also chooses the University because of the minimal competitive surrounding - she hated competition.

 

Life in Newcastle has been good so far, but not without getting slurred for being an Asian sometimes. It is a thing that she’s already used to. For the most part, it doesn’t affect her since the people around her us nice - it’s almost scary.

 

Ding

 

Mina checked her phone. It's Nayeon. Her long-time girlfriend. Mina gummy smile flashed as she read the message.

 

“Hi, how are doing today my love?”.

 

It's cringey, but that’s the way they show affection to each other.

 

Mina immediately replied, “I’m doing my research project now and it's stressing me out. Glad I have you to cheer me up!”. Excitement rose in her heart everytime she received a message from her girlfriend.

 

Mina is currently working on her thesis for her major which determine her success in graduating in her master’s level study. Doing research requires a lot of reading and analysis, she’s good, but not a fan of it.

 

Having Nayeon as her emotional support helped a lot for her to persist through the daily torture of the research. Nayeon always found a way to cheer her up even its just a little act of sending cute voice messages.

 

Mina loves everything about Nayeon, and she could make an endless list if asked about it. 

 

How Mina love it so much when Nayeon smiles or laugh with her bunny teeth... 

Her pout when she's sulking... 

Her eyes that appear to stare into Mina's soul... 

Mina could go on and on without stopping.

 

They are quite similar in nature, with few quality friends and a bit of an introverted person. Nayeon is a good-natured person, too much of a good person that she rather hurt herself than others. Adored by people around her, just simply a wonderful woman. Mina often thought that she doesn’t deserve to be with someone as angelic as this.

 

They had gone through close to four years of relationship with its up and down. 

 

Started by being best friends during their college years. Nayeon confessed to her, making Mina instinctively ran away. Though, later at that day, she's breathlessly kissing crying Nayeon under a street lamp, on a quiet street.

 

They truly love each other. It's a sweet memory, or rather salty, with all the tears Nayeon had.

 

They almost broke up once because of the lack of contact. Mina managed to hold the relationship together. It's a miracle since they have been in a long-distance relationship for two straight years. Mina lives in Japan, while Nayeon in Korea and they also worked in their respective hometown.

 

Mina absolutely treasures this relationship and she wanted to bring Nayeon nothing but happiness. Mina knew Nayeon really do love her as much as she loves Nayeon wholeheartedly.

 

There are several occasions during their college years in Seoul, Nayeon cried hard because she doesn’t want to be separated with Mina. It’s a pleasant memory and Mina remember it clearly. She comforted Nayeon by hugging her for an hour, getting her shirt soaked before catching up the flight which she was glad being delayed.

 

Oftentimes, they did video calls each other, exchanging gifts, making sure to never misses a good night wish was their means to keep the long-distant relationship intact. Mina is comfortable with their relationship this way. Most people would decide to break up in a long distance relationship for that long.

 

Yet lately, Mina could feel that Nayeon is distancing herself. It’s like there’s some kind of barrier between them. Something is wrong but she cannot put her finger on it.

 

Its making Mina anxious, but she kept telling herself to think it’s just the familiar effect of their long-distance relationship. It has happened before and Mina learned how to deal with it.

 

*****

 

Time went by, and Mina found herself contacting Nayeon’s brother Jackson, through Facebook chats. She failed to contact Nayeon and it has been two weeks since Mina heard anything from her. Mina occasionally tried to chats Nayeon as usual but never got a reply.

 

She holds her thought in the first week because it’s expected that Nayeon is busy with her law firm job. It has occurred before. And in the last few day, Mina tried to call Nayeon number but it’s not available anymore.

 

Such is the reason she contacted Jackson but she didn't like the idea at first. Jackson and Mina had a bitter history. Jackson doesn’t accept that his sister was dating a female.

 

Still, Mina couldn’t find anyone to ask aside from Jackson.

 

She started with a simple greeting and waited for Jackson to reply.

 

The reply was quite pleasant, it seems like Jackson no longer hold any grudges towards her. Mina politely asked about Nayeon whereabouts and Jackson seems confused.

 

“Why do you asked about Nayeon? I thought you already cut off contact with each other long ago?”. Jackson asked.

 

Mina was quite surprised but then simply reply, it’s just her wanted to know how Nayeon is doing.

 

Then Jackson responded, “She’s healthy and she’s going to get married soon”.

 

“What?!”. Mina blurted loudly.

 

Mina read the line repeatedly to interpret the meaning.

 

It this real? 

 

She panicked but immediately replied, “Get married? Never heard of that”. Her heart starts beating fast and she cannot wait long enough for Jackson reply.

 

Jackson said that it will be in two months, and Nayeon will get married to a man introduced by her family.

 

Mina felt the whole world just stopped.

 

"What was this man talking about? Are you kidding me?" She doesn’t believe Jackson. 

 

Why would Nayeon do something like this to her? The Nayeon she trusts with her whole being, the one that is far too good to hurt others, the one that she treasures the most, the one that means a world for her.

 

Series of questions flashed through her mind, and she didn't know how to feel. She just doesn’t believe this at all - Yet. Mina trust and know Nayeon, and she would not do this. She needs to hear this from Nayeon herself.

 

*****

 

Mina didn’t sleep at all for days. She can’t sleep.

 

She’s been waiting for Nayeon to contact her and its killing her. Conversation with Jackson ended with her just appreciating Jackson for the news. No further questions.

 

Mina wanted to hear the explanation from Nayeon herself, so badly. She checked her phone every minute, it felt like forever. The wait tormented her. Mina went through her days looking lifeless. She never ate anything in this past three days.

 

There is no way to get news from Nayeon. The only way to communicate with Nayeon is through messaging apps.

 

It never occurred to Mina that something like this will end up happening. She trusts Nayeon so much that this is something unthinkable. Head splitting pain occurs from the stress she’s getting. She’s desperately wanted to know the answers to her questions.

 

Her research project has been abandoned. In one-month time, she will be presenting it to her professor and her fate will be determined by this piece of research she’s doing. If she ended up in failure, her scholarship will be revoked and she'll need to return home empty-handed with a lot of debts.

 

On the fourth day of waiting, Mina decided to be productive. She managed to convince herself to approach the problem she's having in a positive light. 

 

There is no way her Nayeon would do this to her, right?

 

Even if Nayeon doesn’t contact her soon, it’s fine since Nayeon will always apologize and never failed to make it up for it – it’s a lie Mina made up for herself.

 

Mina decided to check her email for the first time in the week. There might be some important email related to her research. 

 

A lot of unread messages was displayed and most of it is from an online takeaway that she had subscribed. Sometime she'll receive a big discount coupon and it helps Mina saved some of her money.

 

As Mina gone through the messages, one email catches her attention. The message doesn’t have any title. It has been sent three days before. The sender... 

 

Nayeon.

 

Mina's finger stopped from clicking on the message. 

 

She’s afraid of it. Mina is afraid of what kind of message that it will be.

 

What if all Jackson said was true?

 

But it’s killing her, she desperately wanted to know.

 

Mina clicked on the message.

 

“Mina,

I will be getting married soon. With a man that I have known for two years. We have already engaged for half a year. I’m sorry for never telling you this. After this, I will not be contacting you anymore. Please understand my situation. I hope you will find someone better in the future.

Regards,

Nayeon.”

 

The message was direct to its point. Mina felt like a bullet just gone through her heart, killing her. It's excruciating. Mina doesn't want this. She wanted a full explanation.

 

Why would Nayeon do this to me? 
Why didn’t I know anything about her engagement? 
What am I to her? 
Why is she still pretending that we are together this whole time? 
Why? Why? Why?!!!!

 

All the questions made Mina mina weak and nauseous feeling transpired.

 

Her breath became short. Heart wanted to burst out of her chest. The feeling of death creeping inside her.

 
Desperately gasping for air, she lost her balance and fell down. 
Tears overflowing as vomits followed - all liquids. She barely ate for the past few days. 

 

Mina anxiety attack is coming back - it has been her long-time enemy, but now it's coming back.

 

She slowly lost her vision. Its blurry, dark and, she passed out.

 

*****

 

Mina slowly opened her eyes, pain enveloped all over her body. It's already dark outside. No lights were in the house. She’s unsure why she’s here lying in the centre of the living room. Her mind was blank.

 

Mina tried to pick herself up and noticed that her computer screen is emitting light in the darkness.

 

She recalled the email. 

 

She started to bawl her eyes out uncontrollably. Her whole person was shaking, throat felt strangled. Standing up was impossible, her leg was numb. Hugging herself in a fetal position. 

 

Mina doesn’t believe that this is happening to her.

 

The day goes on like that. Mina crying in the dark, without stopping until the sun directs its sunlight through the window. She cried in her sleep, breathing out Nayeon's name.

 

*****

 

Mina woke up to her ringing alarm. It’s already 2 pm. She remembered that she needs to meet up with her supervisor at 4 pm for their weekly meeting. Getting up was really hard. Her eyes swollen and her body ached all over.

 

Mina has always been a responsible person and she will do anything to get things done. In one occasion where she’s selected as a head of the class during her college semester, she did all the job assigned to her in perfectly.

 

Going as far as following her classmate to his hometown (which is really far) to get the assignment asked by their teacher to collect. Though she quit in the next semester since its too burdensome.

 

Being a responsible person she is, she decided to attend the meeting despite how she’s feeling right now.

 

*****

 

Attending Mrs Nigelia weekly meetup has always been a highlight of Mina days in the university. She’s a big-hearted woman with a generous frame - reminded Mina of Hagrid lover in Harry Potter movie.

 

Mina did feel intimidated when she first met her because Mina has a small frame and quite short for the European community.

 

Nevertheless, Mrs Nigelia is a wonderful person. Supervising Mina throughout her research period and sometimes making small talk about their daily life.

 

Mrs Nigelia noticed that Mina is a bit odd today, she’s out of focus. Mina even forgot to bring her voice recorder like she continuously did.

 

“Why do you look so down, dear?”. Mrs Nigelia tapped Mina shoulder lightly with a motherly look on her face.

 

“I’m okay Mrs Nigelia.”, Mina replied with an awkward smile.

 

Mrs Nigelia frowned. Mina's answer doesn’t convince Mrs Nigelia at all, but she’s not a pushy person. 

 

“If you need someone to talk about anything, I'm here for you.” Mrs Nigelia advised with a concerned look.

 

The meeting ended rather early since Mrs Nigelia wanted to give some space for Mina to breath. Mina looked so ragged in her eyes. Before Mina left her office, she gave Mina a big hug that kind of suffocate Mina. A concerned look like she’s saying ‘be strong’ reflected on her face.

 

Instead of taking the bus as she usually does, Mina decided to walk home today. The distance is not that far. Going through the big Leazes Park with the view of St. James Park stadium has been her familiarity while living here.

 

Locals running around exercising in minimal clothing in cold weather is already a common sight to her. Mina first thought that they are out of their mind. It’s already been a year and a half living with these unfamiliar surroundings and she’s started getting used to it.

 

She unlocked her house and she feels something different, the house looks gloomy.

 

The house has been something that a soothes and made her feel safe - it's her safe haven. She can hide here without being bothered by people. Mina loves it the feeling of it - but now, she's afraid of it.

 

Mina closed and locked the door behind her. She leans her back against the door, slowly sitting down - hugged herself and crying.

 

A miserable feeling engulfs her, the will to live in this world getting far away. A world without Nayeon is a world that is not worth living at all. The day goes on with Mina bawling her eyes out till she’s asleep in front of the door - she's so fragile.

 

*****

 

A realization came to Mina that she's alone in this world. She’s mostly had been alone by choice but now she’s afraid of it.

 

She lives in a different country. Far away from anyone she knows. She's free to do anything she wants - involved killing herself.

 

The thought has always been floating in Mina’s mind lately and she often found herself looking around trying to find something that she can use to do the unthinkable.

 

A familiar song suddenly breaks the silence around Mina...

 

Cheer up baby! Cheer up baby!

 

It's her phone ringtone.

 

Nayeon asked her to use it to remind herself to be cheerful and do not feel down. Most of the time, Nayeon will be the one who called her, and this ringtone would make Mina jump out from her bed like kids getting their present in morning Christmas.

 

But right now, the ringtone is some kind of cursed evil song that will drag her to the depths of hell. She started tearing up.

 

Her eyes blurry from the tears and she can’t see who’s calling.

 

“Hello”, holding her tears she picked up the call.

 

“Mina?”, It’s a familiar sweet sounding voice that Mina missed so much hit her ears.

 

It's Nayeon.

 

Mina froze in place. The voice that she had been waiting is now speaking to her. She wanted to ask about lots of things, especially about how does all this end up happening. But, her lips appeared to be sewn shut.

 

"Mina, are you there?". Nayeon asked. 

 

Mina couldn't reply Nayeon normally as she just mumbled, "Why?"

 

Desperation could be heard from Mina's voice. Her mind is full of questions that need answers right now.

 

A few seconds of silence followed.

 

"Mina, please understand my situation. I cannot avoid this, and the things between us already ended", Nayeon said frankly.

 

The way that Nayeon explains this is a stab to Mina's heart.

 

How could she understand anything if Nayeon doesn't explain? What kind of situation? Mina wanted to ask that. But instead...

 

"Why don't you just kill me?". Mina's voice is breaking.

 

Anger mixed with depressing thought is bubbling from her insides. She wanted to scream to Nayeon, getting the feeling of frustrations out of her. Suddenly, her anxiety attack happened again.

 

"Mina, please", Nayeon calmly replied. "We have been in this long-distance relationship for far too long. I think it is just not suitable for us to continue this any longer."

 

"HOW COULD YOU BE SO FCKING HEARTLESS?!!". Finally, Mina screams her lungs out, lashing out at Nayeon.

 

The scream continued with various degrading words that Mina never thought she had or would let Nayeon listens from her in their lifetime. 

 

Out of pure rage, Mina smashed her phone towards the house concrete wall, breaking it to pieces.

 

The call ended like that. Behaving like this is so out of character to Mina. She had always been calm and collected. Mina perpetually keeps her feeling under the surface even under extreme anger. This must be the feeling that stored for far too long and it bursts out uncontrollably.

 

Mina immediately regrets her action. She felt remorseful and started crying miserably.

 

"Nayeon... Nayeon... I'm sorry...", She murmured while quickly gathers the phone pieces back together.

 

Tried to switch it on but to no avail - the phone condition is too severe. Her anxiety attack is getting worse and again she found herself short of breath and eventually she passed out.

 

*****

 

Mina woke up and found herself in an unfamiliar surrounding. She eyed her surrounding and there is a lot of whites. White walls, people wearing white clothes, she's surrounded by whites.

 

"Oh, this must be Heaven. I guess I died?". Mina thought to herself.

 

She feels her left hand was squeezed tight by someone. Looking to the left she found someone familiar.

 

She mumbled weakly, "Oh, it's God. Guess its true that I'm in Heaven now."

 

Jihyo realized that her housemate just gained consciousness. Without any notice, she grabbed and hugged Mina tightly. Her eyes swollen from crying her eyes out, worried about Mina condition.

 

Mina felt so weak and couldn't return the hug and let herself being embraced by Jihyo tender hug.

 

"You are here", Mina weakly said after Jihyo carefully positions her in sitting posture on the bed, fixing few pillows to support Mina's back.

 

Her housemate Graduation Day supposed to be in 2 weeks, and she's supposed to be back close to the date, but she's here.

 

Jihyo took a long stare at Mina. Her face looks deeply concerned. She really wondered what kind of things made Mina like this. Mina looks extremely skinny right now.

 

To begin with, Mina has a skinny and petite frame, but it's too much now. Her cheekbone is protruding, her lips all chapped, and all that Jihyo could feel when she held Mina's hand was skin and bone.

 

She also noticed that Mina is too light when she lifted her to the car that she rented and drive to the closest hospital.

 

"I brought you here at the General Hospital. This is not Heaven.". Jihyo said smiling. She heard what Mina said earlier.

 

Jihyo is still holding Mina's hand, wanted to make Mina's feels safe. She continued explaining to Mina that she found Mina unconscious in the living room and proceeds bringing her here.

 

The doctor also diagnosed that Mina was in moderate malnutrition state for a while.Jihyo was sure that Mina wanted to know but she's too weak to even ask.

 

Malnutrition. Of course, this would happen if you barely ate anything for the past few weeks. On top of not eating properly in her struggle to finish her research project, combined with the latest predicament that she's facing.

 

Oh, she recalled it again, Nayeon...

 

"Why are you crying, Mina?". Jihyo frowned as she got herself closer to Mina.

 

Mina doesn't realize that her tears are trickling wetting her cheeks. Mina wiped the tears quickly.

 

Jihyo can't stand seeing Mina in that state, she hugs her again. Jihyo knew that something really wrong must've happened causing the usually cheerful Mina to be like this.

 

Jihyo let Mina cried on her chest as she pats Mina's head consoling her. She didn't question Mina. It's better to wait for Mina to collects herself and tell her about it when she's ready.

 

Jihyo didn't let Mina go till Mina cried to her sleep. Mina is really fragile right now and this is the first time Jihyo had seen Mina like this - it hurts.

 

Even though they just knew each other for a year, it seems like they have known each other forever. The bond between them soon solidified as they spent most of their time together. Jihyo is a bit of introvert herself, so there is some similarity that they can start with. They managed to become a best friend in such a short time from being together.

 

Whoever hurt her best friend will be paying the price. She's really mad and actually can't wait to find out who hurts Mina this much.

 

Jihyo spent the whole night at Mina bedside. Fortunately, she's allowed to stay there to accompany Mina.

 

She slept quite late and woke up with her back felt really uncomfortable as the result of the sleeping posture. A blanket wrapped around her and she noticed Mina is not in her bed.

 

The Korean stood up and searched for Mina. Looking and asking around, and a nurse told her that she had seen Mina in the front garden.

 

Jihyo quickly made her way there. From afar, she sees Mina was sitting down on a bench looking at nothingness, seems soulless. It's cold outside and Mina is still in her thin patient garment.

 

Jihyo quickly goes back to Mina's room to ask permission to borrow a blanket. Making her way back to the garden.

 

Sitting close to Mina she carefully uses the blanket to covers her. Mina looked back at Jihyo with small smile mouthing thank you. Mina scooted close to Jihyo and shared the blanket with her.

 

They didn't share any dialogue, just a moment of comfortable silence between them.

 

"Nayeon left me, Jihyo.". Mina abruptly said, barely holding her tears from leaking out.

 

Jihyo facial expression shows that she's really shocked.

 

She never knew Nayeon personally, but that is the name that she almost got sick of hearing of. Mina can't stop saying Nayeon name in every second of her breath. Nayeon this, Nayeon that.

 

Seldom she even sleep-talk about Nayeon that when it first happened, Jihyo was scared stiff. She heard a lot of things about Nayeon, and she knew that Mina basically worshipped Nayeon in every word she uttered about her.

 

How hurt must Mina be, Jihyo could never imagine. Nayeon was everything to Mina. She can't think of any words to comfort Mina with. 

 

She's extremely angry, but right now it's not important. Keeping Mina sane is her priority. Mina's anxiety attack is made known to Jihyo as they like to share their personal stories.

 

Right now, not much word needs to be said. "We will go through this together. I will always be here.". Jihyo assured Mina as she held both Mina's hand then proceeds to hug her.

 

Her sincerity is shining through her acts and Mina can't help but touched with the words.

 

*****

 

Mina is allowed to leave the ward after being confined for two days. Her experience living in the hospital was somewhat uncomfortable. Nurses barging to her room without notice is a common occurrence. Moreover, Mina is not the fan of the sterile smells that the hospital had. Mina wanted to leave as soon as possible.

 

Jihyo escorted her to the car and told her that their first stop will be an eatery. The selected eatery was Mina's favourite.

 

"Filling up this sack of bones is the first priority today.". Jihyo jokingly said.

 

Mina let out a small giggle in response. Mina sat down in the passenger seat and Jihyo carefully drives exiting the hospital gate.

 

"Why did you came back early from Korea?." Mina forgot to ask this question earlier.

 

"I missed you and can't wait to see you again.". Jihyo winked at Mina.

 

They laugh together and Mina was relieved that her best friend is here now. Who knows, maybe if Jihyo came a little bit later, instead of an unconscious body. she might find a lifeless body in the house.

 

Jihyo tried her best to distract her friend from thinking about Nayeon by doing almost everything.

 

She entertained Mina with all she had. Most of the time she would drag Mina outside of the house to clear her mind. They go for a drive sometime. She can't leave Mina alone. Mina still often had her anxiety attack and Jihyo was always been by her side comforting her best friend through the attack.

 

Lately, Jihyo hadn't slept in her own bed, she always been by Mina side all the time. It scares Jihyo when Mina couldn't stop crying when she's alone, even while she's asleep, muttering Nayeon name.

 

The recovery has been hell for Mina.

 

Fortunately for her, Jihyo was there as support, helping her picking herself up. The thought of Nayeon never left her head. It's not like she never tried but its just impossible for her to stop thinking about Nayeon.

 

She never had her questions answered and she can't stop blaming herself for cursing at Nayeon. She despises herself for that.

 

Mina already tried to get back to the number that called her previously but there is no way to do so since the phone is destroyed beyond repair. 

 

How destructive human could get when consumed with rage.

 

*****

 

Mina attended Jihyo Graduation Day and its full of photo sessions - Mina being the photographer. Jihyo attended Northumbria University which is one of the institutions situated in Newcastle.

 

She bought a flower bouquet for her best friend as a congratulatory gift. 

 

Jihyo could not stop asking Mina to take her picture that day. She's quite popular in the institution as there is a lot of people wanted to take pictures with her.

 

Its tiring Mina out, but, there is no way Mina could refuse since she's now swelled with pride, her best friend being selected as the best students in her year - no wonder she's well known. Jihyo has always been bright and its proven again today.

 

"Today is Jihyo's Day, I'll let her do what she wants",. Mina thought to herself.

 

With Jihyo being by her side, her research project completed with little strain. Her best friend offered herself as a research assistant for free and Mina actually desperate on getting one.

 

She's was behind schedule and she wonders if she can finish it by herself. Mrs Nigelia helped her a lot mainly in preparing the data that she needed. Mina will forever be in debt to the two people that support her through this research hell.

 

The two best friend planned earlier and bought return flight ticket on the same day, immediately after Mina finished her research presentation.

 

They didn't want to leave one another even though their destination is different. Afterwards, they will tread their own way, but they promised to always contacts each other.

 

The period when they waited for their flight was loaded with tears and snot. Jihyo cried with a distorted face, the looks made Mina cry too. Jihyo didn't want to see her friend go and seems like she didn't want to let Mina go even for a second.

 

After a while, being the calmer person, Mina managed to ease Jihyo emotion. She knew that Jihyo acted like that because she's afraid of Mina getting herself hurt again. Mina swore to Jihyo that she will be fine. She needs to take several oaths to calm Jihyo down.

 

They held hands until Jihyo flight is being called first. Jihyo reluctantly released Mina's hand and slowly made her way to the check-in gate, checking Mina back and forth.

 

"Jihyo!!". Mina shouted.

 

Jihyo looked back as she saw Mina ran towards her and throw herself to hug Jihyo tightly - Jihyo felt something was broken.

 

Mina was really thankful towards her best friend for being with her along her recovery. There are no words to describe how thankful Mina feels towards Jihyo.

 

Their farewell was that dramatic and they didn't care what other people said when they wave each other goodbye with their face flooded with mixed liquids; tears, snots even saliva, you name it.

 

Eventually, Mina lost sight of Jihyo as she made her way inside the aircraft that bound to Korea.

 

"Flight number BA2403, please proceed to....", Mina flight was being called.

 

She treads her way towards the designated gate. All the memories of being here flooded into her brain. She had gone through so much and it's torturing her physical and mental - it made her stronger.

 

She didn't forget about Nayeon, even for a second. Mina's thought was still full of her.

 

Jihyo had to make an extensive effort to distract Mina from thinking about Nayeon. Mina didn't want to not disappoint her best friend tried her best to pretend - even if she's just barely managed to do so.

 

Mina is still trying to figure out what she should do with this thought of her.

 

Returning to Japan following her study completion will open up new opportunities for her. She doesn't know what was waiting ahead of her in the future.

 

You'll never know your Destiny.

 

*****

 

A person's destiny is something you look back at afterwards, not something to be known in advance.

- Haruki Murakami -

 

A/N:

That is the end of the prologue. After this Mina will return to Japan and the real story will begin. Note that I used some parody and special number here. Of course, you noticed it!

Thank you for reading so far! Do leave your thoughts in the comment below. I need some feedback to make my writing better~~

Edit: I've compiled the three chapters prologue into one.