His secret hideout

Whirlwind Romance

 

“Hey, wake up…”

Yongguk mumbled and shifted slightly, in an attempt to wake her up. As far as he could see from the rear mirror, she seemed to be having a good rest. Her tear stained eyes, slightly-puffier-than-usual cheeks along with her petite frame made her look like a vulnerable puppy. That was probably why he did not have the heart to wake her up. But hey, his back was getting sore and he was anxious to show her the place that held a special position in his heart. To be honest, he had no idea either why he was so eager. That was supposed to his very own private corner where he would spend hours sitting there, collecting his thoughts together. It was amusing (at least, it was to him) that he was going to reveal this to someone who has labeled him as a fan, stalker and a dangerous figure who had just “lured” her into something notorious in just a couple of weeks. He shook the thoughts off and called for her again. She had to see the place. She would definitely love it to bits.

“Yeah…” She grumbled, wiping off her saliva subconsciously. That was pretty much the idol instinct and it had been stuck within her since three years ago. You couldn’t blame her for that. It was a duty to preserve her goddess image for the sake of Secrettimes. She did not have a heart to remind them that she was a human as well. Fans expected their idols to take note of their own image and they were dead serious about it.

“Psh. I saw that. I can’t believe you just drooled all over my favourite T-shirt.” Yongguk shot her a look of disgust and shook his head disapprovingly.

“Whatever. Stop being like a girl. It’s just a shirt.” She was quick to retaliate and she wondered why. She was never much of an aggressive person in front of others.

“Okay, fine. And do you seriously like me that much? I mean, your head is still resting on my back.” He beamed, revealing his pink gum and pearly whites at one go.

At that moment, she froze. She had no idea he had that kind of effect on her and it was creeping her out. Why did her heart race when she saw his smile? It actually made him look so much nicer as before. Correction, he was nice enough to comfort her when he could jolly well poke fun at her miserable state. So what was the perfect word then? Oh yeah, sweeter.

Before she could blurt the word out, he hushed her and pushed her towards the wooden door. It was rare for her to be this quiet (beside him) so he seized the opportunity before she could possibly make her move for the verbal battle they have been engaged in since Day 1.



 

Her eyes widened as she took in the sight before her. It was beautiful. Cozy and warm. It was nothing like what she had expected. Honestly, she would be over the moon if she was given the chance to renovate Secret’s dorm into something like this. It was never easy staying in a dorm with three other girls (especially when all four of them were extremely interested in renovating and had no thoughts of giving in.)

“This is awesome. I know right?” He coughed, breaking off the silence. He had no idea why she was not saying a thing for the third time in a day. Although he was pretty sure he could get used to it as long as she kept this up, he had no intention to. Judging by her dropped open jaws and dilating pupils, he was almost definite that she liked it. He was no fan of guessing games though so he decided to ask her directly.

“Yeah. This is amazing. Why didn’t you show me this earlier?” She squealed and turned her head only to find a very pleased Yongguk. That smirk again. How she wished she could wipe it off and replace it with that simple grin that could melt her heart instantly into goo. Perhaps, she was exaggerating but that was not the point.

“Hey girl, if I have taken you here any earlier, I am pretty sure that you would have labeled me as a as well. And that will be my, what, oh forth nickname.” He rebutted, almost way too quickly. He had no idea why he was acting like a five year old kid. He had always made sure to behave like a gentleman in front of girls. Yet, for some unknown reason, he could care less in front of her. That was no need for being reserved and he liked it.

“Why are you making me sound like I am a judgmental girl?” She pouted and smacked him hard on his shoulder in a rather painful (literally) attempt to get her point across.

“Ouch,” He flinched and staggered backwards. “It’s not my fault. It’s only been weeks and you have already labeled me as a fan, stalker and a dangerous figure.”

“Wait a second. How did you know about the third one? I’m sure I didn’t say it out loud.” She gasped and covered that had grown into a ‘O’ shape.

“Hey, that was obvious. Your whole face was like ‘oh-my-gosh-this-guy-is-dangerous-why-is-he-making-me-ride-a-motorcycle-with-him. Do I have to explain any further?” He rolled his eyes as his hands grabbed a fistful of his hair that had stood up due to the constant wind-blowing during the ride.

“I am not going to argue with you anymore. This is pointless. Excuse me while I explore this apartment.” She lifted her head high up in the air and strutted forward proudly. He almost burst out laughing at the sight but he still managed to keep it in. After all, she was his sunbae and there were formalities he had to obey.



 

“Yonggukie, how did you get hold of this book?” She knew her voice was probably a pitched higher than usual and that came off almost like a squeak. However, she was extremely impressed by the wide collection of books as stacked neatly on the shelves.

“Wait a second. Yonggukie? Are you serious? I’m bent on calling you Jieunnie then. Don’t blame me. You started it first.” He was always quick in recovering and this was no exception. (Though he had to admit he was pretty much attracted to the way his fifth nickname rolled off her tongue.)

“Fine. It’s not as if I care.”

She giggled before tugging at his sleeves childishly, “Now tell me. Where do you get this book?”

“Beg me.” He tapped his feet, making a strangely disturbing sound against the wooden flooring.

“WHAT?” Her eyes were now as large as saucers. She was all ready to give him a beating of his life before he caught hold of her hand and pulled her all the way to his chest.

Smooth. Real smooth.

It came off as a great surprise to her as to how he was able to predict her actions. That was until she found another reason to be surprised. Her face was pressed against his firm chest and his muscular arms, that had now found its way around her waist, made it difficult for her to move away. She continued to put up a fight till she realized that this posture was somehow helping her in a sense that it was impossible for him to notice her flaming red face.

“Stop struggling. And listen to me. I got this two months ago at an old bookstore located somewhere at Incheon. I can take you there if you would like to.” He hissed and tightened his hold on her.

“You mean, the super famous bookstore run by the old man who has lost his entire teeth?” She placed her two hands onto his chest, attempting to create some space between the both of them.

“Hey, that’s mean. But yeah, I guess we’re referring to the same store.” He placed his chin on the crown of her head, taking in the scent of her hair.

“But how is it impossible? I went there THREE months ago and he told me that the book was no longer available in stores.” Obviously, she was way too mad to take note of the intimate skinship they were sharing.

“I’m sorry but I’m his regular customer since my high school days. He regards me like his grandson so he’s bound to save some goodies for me. If you are really that keen, I can introduce you to him.” He shrugged but it was clear that letting her go was not on his to-do list.

“Introduce? Like what? She’s my sunbaenim. We argue all day long but please save some copies for her as well.”

 

 

“Nope, I will tell him that this girl here is my girlfriend and her name is Jieunnie.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tee hee. I am back. I felt guilty for neglecting this fanfic. So guess who's back? I'm telling my lovely subscribers, commentors, silent readers to expect at least an update once per week. This story is proceeding slower than what I have expected but hey don't worry, when the ideas are here, they are ready to flow.

Oh, just to let you guys know, it's fine if you don't subscribe or press the arrow. But do leave me comments okay and let me get to know more about my lovely readers! I love comments!!!