FOUR: THE TRUTH

Entry Unknown.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

“So are you going tell me who your handler is?”

 

Yerin was still in chains and her wounds only increased after the torture she had been through. She hasn’t had a sip of water or food for almost half a day. But she had to persevere as she promised Sojung and herself that she would personally apprehend this lunatic. 

 

“How…do you even know… I’m a UC?”

 

Yerin asked because she was genuinely curious, as there was no way that an outsider would have have any clue.

 

HyungEun chuckled as he ed the top button of his collar. 

 

“Since you want to know so bad, I’ll tell you. No, I’ll show you.”

 

He pulled one side of his collar open, exposing the right side of his neck and collarbone. He pushed Yerin’s chin up with his other hand, making her look at his neck and that was when Yerin’s eyes widened at the sight of something unexpected. 

 

“You— you’re… chipped….?”

 

Yerin said in her weak voice as she coughed and blood spilled out from her lips. 

 

“Yes I am, just like you.”

 

UCs from this organisations are all chipped to keep track of where each UC is at any given point and each chip is tailored to contain the information of each UC, because if anything were to happen, the chip would be the only thing that separates the UC from the organisation. 

 

“I… don’t understand….”

 

“I was a UC as well… but obviously that didn’t turn out well didn’t it?”

 

He laughed, not even feeling a single tint of remorse for everything he’s done. His ego and confidence disgusted Yerin. 

 

“I removed the chip already, but unfortunately, the scar still remains. Well Yerin, you chose the wrong wardrobe on the first day you arrived here, I could see your scar and I immediately knew who you were working for.”

 

Yerin scoffed and gave a weak laugh. It confused HyungEun.

 

“What’s so funny? You’re barely hanging in there and you still have the energy to laugh? I’m amazed that they really trained the newer generations well.”

 

“I was one of the aces in the team, to think I’d fall like this into your hands, to someone who was once part of us. I’m blown away, really.” 

 

---

 

“What, what do you mean Unnie?”

 

Eunha questioned while prompting Sojung to sit on her bed, her heart raced as she waited for a reply. 

 

“I… I think I’ve to come clean with you guys.”

 

Sojung dreaded this day. She knew that this moment would come sooner or later, but she didn’t expect it to come so soon. She wanted to keep this to herself for as long as she possible could, because she knew that once the truth was out, she wouldn’t know how to face the girls, especially Sinb.

 

“It’s about Sinb.”

 

“Sinb?”

 

Yuna repeated after her handler. Both her and Eunha were confused as to what has this whole mayhem with Yerin got anything to do with Sinb, a Beta member. 

 

“Do you remember when did I bring Sinb back?”

 

The both of them nodded. 

 

“About 3 years back right?”

 

Eunha counted with her fingers as she said. 

 

“Yeah, it was 3 years back. It was also my last on site as a UC before I became your handler.” 

 

Sojung looked down, fiddling with her fingers not sure where to begin. However on the other hand, it was news to the both of them. They never knew that Sojung went on an on site 3 years back, she told them she’d be away for six months to attend handler course and training. They felt a little betrayed inside but knowing their handler, they knew that she had her reasons and they were ready to listen to what she had to say. 

 

“The four of us trained together for a long time, under the same handler, didn’t we? We went through a lot of bull together, broken multiple limbs and have countless scars everywhere. Until three years back, a lot changed. Our handler left, and I had to step up. ”

 

She snickered, remembering those old days. 

 

“Where is this heading at Unnie? What has any of this got to do with Sinb?”

 

Yuna asked, not exactly sure why Sojung suddenly brought up about the past. They didn’t exactly have time to be all sentimental and melancholic, Yerin’s life was on the line.

 

“Wait, hear me out. About three and a half years ago, I was deployed on a special on site by the higher ups. My target was a man that was deadly and insane. Countless organisations tried to prosecute him but was never successful, because no one could ever find him. He was creating some kind of concoction to make immortality a possibility, to extend human lives. It was crazy and just plain stupid, because that’s not possible at all. But, the thing was I wasn’t able to get close to him as a UC.”

 

“Why not?”

 

Eunha asked, getting more and more curious. Her eyebrows furrowed in anticipation. 

 

“I’ll get to that later. So, I had to stay low and I did that for a long time, for over 2 months I did that. I waited, waited and waited. I hated waiting because I knew that the longer I waited, the closer this man was getting to causing destruction. He was mentally unstable, which was why he was potentially highly dangerous. Until finally, my chance came and I took the opportunity to infiltrate his place. I got in, and almost instantly I was caught, the alarms were ringing non stop and I was chased by his men. I thought that my life would end there and then. I ran and ran and ran, and I stumbled across this chamber. It was intense and urgent, plus I was in grave danger, I ran in the chamber, hid and locked myself up. I stayed close to the door, making sure that they were gone.”

 

“And then what happened?”

 

Yuna said, awaiting for her handler to continue. 

 

“I turned around and was greeted by this massive tube filled with green liquid and it had a human in there. I was scared, shocked. I— I really didn’t know how to react.”

 

“A HUMAN?!”

 

The two of them screamed out. Sojung immediately shushed them, making sure they stayed quiet as she didn’t want the two Beta members to hear any of this. 

 

“I went up closer, and there were countless machines just running up to the tube. I didn’t know this girl but I knew I had to save her, she didn’t deserve any of this. I broke her out, and the alarm in the chamber went off. She was completely , so I had to cover her with my jacket. I think she wasn’t exposed to actual oxygen for a long time, so immediately when I broke through the glass, the fluid gushed out and the girl was just vomiting green blood. I carried her and ran as fast as I could and I could hear people chasing after me so I kept running and running. I managed to escape by a thin hairline. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter