ONE: FIRST SHOT

Entry Unknown.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

---

Entry 46:

JUNG YERIN U.C. 960819(A)

DECEMBER 5

“After a year and a half, I finally got some solid evidence. Being with him after some time, he finally let me into the ‘Forbidden Chamber’, and what I saw was completely bone shrilling. Hundreds of animals in tubes filled in some kind of green matter and what was even more mind blowing was that I saw humans. Real actual human beings, in that same green matter. Hundreds of doctors and scientists busy on the monitors, sticking wires here and there, running around with stacks of files and papers in their arms. Across the room, there was a white room, with white walls, but everything in there was visible by the big transparent glass sealing the room. I see a wolf and another kind of wolf, a very different looking one, almost mutated looking. It had a prominent green ‘R’ mark on the back of its neck, it’s eyes were glowing green as well and it was very very, very aggressive looking.

One of the technicians ran over and told him “It seems like we might have a successful one.” He gave a disgusting snicker telling me “Yerin, you’ve been with me for quite some time now and I believe it’s time for me to show you what a world where you have total control of, a world where it should have been like and very soon everyone on this planet will see what true chaos would look like. My vision is slowly turning into a reality.”

My heart stopped, as I listened to him, how I wanted to just shoot right between his eyes and all of this would come to one end. “Watch now.” He said. A trainer blows a whistle and the wolf with the ‘R’ mark pounced on the other wolf, shredding its heads and body, dismembering it within seconds. The glass was splattered and tainted with blood. It was disgusting and I would never forget what I saw. All he did was laugh as he clapped his hands saying “Well done, let’s try it on the other specimens now.”

Handler was right, there was more to it. What was he trying to create here? Killing machines? Mutants? I don’t know but I will find out and I will stop him. Every second of being right beside him only increased my anger and rage of wanting to kill him, but I had to wait. I had to wait. I had to wait. We found them, the real enemy. There were humans in there, they don’t deserve this. It disgusts me just looking at this, I felt totally helpless just watching, and not being able to do a single thing. Is this all the years of training of being a UC is like?

I had to wait.”

 

----

 

“JUNG EUNBI! HOW MANY TIMES ARE YOU GOING TO DO THIS?!”

 

“When are you going to treat me like how you should. I’m older than you for goodness sake. I’M YOUR UNNIE! ”

 

Eunha said as she laughed at the annoyed Sinb who was drenched in water, again as usual. It wasn’t unusual to see the crazy and mischievous UCs pulling stunts on one another at their home base, and It so happened that today Sinb was Eunha’s victim.

 

“I SWEAR TO GOD, WAIT TILL HANDLER HEARS ABOUT THIS.”

 

Sinb said, furious as she chased after Eunha in their large common area. The 5 UCs and their handler all live in the same vicinity. It was their handler’s idea of having everyone in the same place so it was easier to instruct and it just an excuse for her to keep everyone in check and to make sure that after every night when she comes home, she wouldn’t have to worry losing one of them when she head counted.

 

“You know, for the two of you to be sharing the same real names, you both are complete opposites and it amuses me.”

 

Yewon, their youngest UC commented as she sipped her hot chocolate walking right straight between the two as they continued to chase and bicker with one another.

 

“OH COME ON, NOT YOU YEWON YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO BE ON MY SIDE.”

 

“Hey listen, I didn’t sign up for this mess.”

 

Yewon said, not sparing a glance as she walked up the stairs holding on to her cup of hot chocolate.

 

“ARGH!”

 

Sinb stomped her feet feeling betrayed, as she watched her friend walked up, completely ignoring the fact that she was ‘brutally’ attacked.

 

“OKA- STOP… RUN…NING…”

 

Eunha said, panting heavily as she bent down with her hands on her knees.

 

“Are you serious? Already? You’re going to get nagged if handler finds out your stamina had fallen so much.”

 

Eunha quickly looked around, feeling cautious and a little nervous.

 

“HEY! Can you not! I haven’t been on site for a couple of months, give me a break. I’ll really get an earful if she heard that!”

 

Sinb laughed out, knowing what Eunha’s weakness was. She finally had something against her.

 

“I’m going to tell handler just you wait, and for this as well.”

 

She pointed at her wet hair, further proving her point. Eunha panicked knowing that Sinb really meant what she said and it meant that she was going to get into a lot of trouble. She quickly pulled the younger girl in by the shoulder as she dried her face with her ends of her long sleeves.

 

“Oh… come on.. You haven’t had your first on site yet, so I’m trying to prep you! All of this is training got it? Don’t forget both you and Yewon are still in Beta. You both have a long way to go till’ you get to where the rest of us are at.”

 

Hearing that, Sinb became dejected. She watched all the older UCs being cool and amazing while they were on site. She joined the team at a really young age and looked up to the older UCs and dreamed of being like them someday. Even Eunha, who constantly played pranks on her looked really brave and cool while she was on site, she secretly looked up to her even though she hated to admit it.

 

Both Yewon and her joined at around the same time and the older UCs took really good care of them like they were their younger siblings. There was Yuna who was the most calm and collected UC, always looking out for the rest, making sure they were okay and whenever they got hurt she was always the first one to the rescue, taking care of their wounds.

 

There’s Eunha who might be the most playful one, becomes more serious than anyone when on a mission. On site, she’s the best with the guns, with the most accurate aim amongst everyone, which was why Sinb immensely looked up to her.

 

Yewon was just like her. Both of them are the same age, both shared the same sleeping quarters and both still in Beta. It meant that they were still in midst of training and were not allowed to go on site until they turn Alpha like the other UCs. Sinb was always happy to have Yewon around, at least she wasn’t alone.

 

Then there’s Yerin. Sinb barely got to see her because she was always on site. She’s handler’s most experienced and best UC. She trusted Yerin with the most dangerous missions and she always leads the members of the team really well so handler never had to worry whenever she was in charge of a mission. Sinb always wondered what she was like, she knew she was nice and all but she never really got to spend much time with her. Her ultimate dream was to one day be able to be on site with her and watch how she does her thing.

 

----

 

“Unnie, when are you going to let Yewon and Sinb go on site. I mean they’ve been training for over 3 years already. Don’t you think they’re ready? I think both of them are skilled enough. Even my Beta period wasn’t as long as theirs.”

 

Yuna

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter