THREE: REVELATIONS

Entry Unknown.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Well, well, well… Jung Yerin, UC 960819…”

 

He recited as he flipped the back of her UC pager. The man snickered at the end of his sentence with a sickening grin. His heavy footsteps echoed as he walked towards Yerin who had her hands tied up in chains against the wall. She was wounded all over, her hair was disheveled, blood was spilling from the ends of , bruises on her face. She was tortured, helpless and in excruciating pain. However, inside her heart all she cared about was how to end the person who was humiliating and making her a fool right in front of her face. 

 

Their faces were mere inches apart. She despised him, she despised that grin, that face. Before he was about to speak again, she rolled her tongue and fired a ball of spit right between his eyes. The man flinched at the suddenness. Yerin wasn’t afraid of death. She wasn’t afraid of death at all since the very first day she knew what she signed up for. What she was afraid of at that very moment was that, she won’t be able to prosecute this brutal and cruel man who was standing right in front her before she dies. 

 

Infuriated, the man threw a hard slap at Yerin which caused her head to swing to the left. 

 

“AHHH!”

 

Yerin screamed out as blood continued to spill out from the wounds on her face. Without turning back, her eyes filled with rage and anger darted at the man who was wiping his forehead with the ends of his black blazer. 

 

“You’re stubborn and cocky aren’t you? For the last time, before I decide to make this uglier for you. Who is your handler?”

 

“I ain’t telling you nothing, HyungEun.”

 

HyungEun is his name. The man behind creating all these terror and havoc. He had been working on this project on creating loyal, killing machines to work for him for a few years now and it seemed like he was starting to get actual progress. However, he wasn’t like this before this whole mayhem started. He had a family, he had a wife and a daughter. He used to be a decent person. He loved his family very much and if anything or anyone were to hurt them, he would not let it slide easily. On one unfortunate day, his wife passed away in a tragic car accident. He was shattered and heartbroken that the love of his life was taken away from him. 

 

HyungEun was left with a young 6 years old daughter to care for all on his own. However soon after the passing of his wife, HyungEun’s daughter was diagnosed with leukaemia. The doctor said that she didn’t have much time left and it was this which spurred him into what he was today. His world completely turned upside down as he slowly became crazier and obsessed over trying to protect the people he loved. He started this whole experiment on trying to make his daughter live forever, he couldn’t afford to lose another loved one. 

 

He created a fluid that was able to allow living things to be preserved for as long as he wanted but kept alive at the same time, he called it ‘the bath’. And that was exactly what he did, when his daughter was 7, he put her to sleep and placed her in ‘the bath’ that allowed his daughter to stay alive as long as she was in there. And he succeeded, his daughter lived through despite the disease she had. She was put in there for over 10 years, motionless, sleeping but breathing. Yes, 10 years. Through the 10 years, HyungEun had hundreds of people working for him to help make his dream of immortality come true and for 10 years, HyungEun managed to keep her alive. Until an incident that happened 3 and a half years ago that changed everything. Someone broke into the underground lab that was very well hidden from the world. The alarm rang and his first reaction was to run as fast as he could to find his daughter. He eventually found himself alone in an empty chamber, glass shattered, the fluid flooding the ground and his daughter gone. 

 

HyungEun lost it, he couldn’t find his daughter anywhere even after 3 years, it was as if she had vanished from the face of the earth and he would have no idea whether if she was dead or still alive but without ‘the bath’ which was the only thing keeping her alive, he presumed that she was already long gone. His insanity and cruelty grew and his plans changed. He was now turning the fluid into injectable weapons to be be inserted into human beings, causing them to have unimaginable power and strength but with absolutely no control over their own minds and body, he controls them. He vowed to have his daughter avenged, and this was his way, by killing and controlling other innocent peopl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter