Chapter 7

Still in my heart

Go Eunbi and Ji Soo Ho arrive in Seoul. They want to celebrate Eunbi mother’s birthday. They arrive at her house after long journey.

Her mother, Go Eunbyul and Han Yi Ahn are welcoming them in the house. 

“Happy birthday eomma!” Eunbi said

“Happy birthday ahjumma.” Soo Ho said

“Thank you my dear.” Her mother said. She then hug Eunbi and says, “I miss you my dear, how are you?”

“I am fine eomma. I miss you sooo much” Eunbi becomes kid again in front of her mother.

“Aigoo.” Her mother caresses Eunbi hair.

“Anneyong.” Han Yi Ahn greet them. 

Eunbyul just look at them and sits on the sofa.

“Anneyong.” Eunbi and Soo Ho said. Eunbi then sits beside her sister.

“How’s the journey?” Yi Ahn asked Soo Ho

“It’s okay, some traffic jam but luckily didn’t took so much time.” Soo Ho said

“I’m glad to hear it” Yi Ahn said

“Ah cem, Han Yi Ahn. Did you know Gong Taekwang?” Soo Ho asked

“Ah him? Of course I know. Wae?”

“Apparently Eunbi and him used to date. Did you know?”

“Ara but after they broke up. They always close since Taekwang is her first close friend in Sekang Highschool. Why did you ask about him?”

“I met him a week ago and since that day, Eunbi seems really different. Eunbi never told me anything about him. I just notice them based on their behavior towards each other. Especially when he makes her laugh.” Soo Ho said

“It’s been long time since I saw her laugh. In the end only that jerk can make her laugh again. Sometimes I envy him, he know her really well.” Yi Ahn said

“You don’t like him?” Soo Ho asked

“Well I don’t hate him. I just envy him, he can make her happy. Eunbi is different when around him. She seems..”

“More comfortable” Soo Ho finished Yi Ajn sentence 

“Ne. She is. I know it’s hard dude, but if you love someone that dearly, you must think her happiness first. I learned it from that jerk. But he’s right.” Yi Ahn said

Soo Ho doesn’t said anything. He just look at Eunbi. She’s smile at her sister. 

Her mother called them to eat lunch together. They walk to the table and eat together.

After lunch, Eunbi show Soo Ho around her house. They go to her room. He looks around and stop at her study desk. He sees a picture of Eunbi with her friends. There’re Shijin, Songjoo, Yi Ahn, Eunbi and Taekwang. Taekwang stand beside her and Eunbi smiles so bright. 

“You’re beautiful when you smile like this.” Soo Ho said

“Ah I remember how happy I am that day. I just came back to Sekang Highschool. It’s so fun that day.”

Soo Ho puts the picture and pull her closely to him. He leans to kiss her but Eunbi stop him.

“I have other albums photo. Do you want to see.” Eunbi said while step back

Soo Ho stop her and says, “let’s get married.”

Eunbi surprised.

“Oppa...”

“I love you and I want to make you happy.” Soo Ho said

“I..mianhae.” Eunbi said

“Is it because of him?” Soo Ho asked

“Mianhae. I tried oppa. I want to forget about him but I can’t. I am sorry.”

“You always says sorry. I hate to hear it. I should go.”

“Oppa”

“Thank you for everything. Please be happy.” Soo Ho said and he leave the room.

He excuses himself to Eunbi family. Eunbyul notice there’s something wrong so she pull her sister away from the living room after he’s gone.

“Spill it out.” Eunbyul said

“He asked me to married him and I reject him.”

“So you two break up?” 

“Ne.”

Eunbi looks sad.

“I am such an awful person. He treat me really well but I hurt him” eunbi said while sobbing 

Eunbyul hug her and says, “gwenchana, you deserve to be happy.”

Eunbi cries for awhile. Eunbyul gives her tissue. She then takes her phone and dials someone.

“Ya! Witch! Did you know there are time different between seoul and london?! Why’re you called me at this hour? I just got back from work around 2 am! This better be..” 

Eunbyul makes a video called to Taekwang. She then passed her phone to Eunbi whom still cry. Before he finished his sentence, he sees Eunbi with her red cry face.

“Ya! Go Eunbi! Why’re you cry? Something wrong? Are you hurt?” Taekwang said but then he fall from his sofa.

“Ouch” Taekwang complained

“Ya! Gong Taekwang gwenchana?” Eunbi stop cry when she sees him.

“I’m fine.”

“Why’re you sleeping in the sofa?” Eunbi asked

“Ah. I felt asleep when doing my presentation. How about you? Why’re you cry? Did you get hurt? Do you need something?” Taekwang said

Eunbi chuckled and says, “I am ok now.” 

“Ya! That didn’t answer my question. Tell me. Are you hurt?” Taekwang still asking her.

Eunbi ignore his questions and says, “when you’re back to seoul again?”

“Huh..” Taekwang seems confused 

“I need to return your umbrella” Eunbi said

“Haha. Araso. Next week. I will take days off.” Taekwang said

Eunbi smiles and says, “I’ll be waiting”

Eunbyul then take her cellphone and says, “Ya! You owe me big!”

“Araso. Just let me talk to her again. I still want to see her face.”

“Ya! Called her cellphone then,  I text you her number.” Eunbyul said

“Jeez! Araso!” Taekwang said and end his call.

After Eunbyul send him a message. He video called Eunbi phone and Eunbi answered it. Eunbyul goes out from her room while Eunbi smiles like a crazy person to her phone.

“You should get some sleep.” Eunbi said

“I don’t want to. I still want to see your face.”

“So how are you?” Eunbi said and they talked for hours. 

 

***

 

After long week, Eunbi just finished her lecture and she prepares to leave. She walks to the bus stop. Some students greet her along the way. She takes the bus and goes to the terminal.

She’s waiting anxiously and when the bus from seoul has arrived, she goes to the arrival of the bus. She sees a guy with tired face but he smiles right away when he saw her. He runs towards her and hug her tightly.

“I miss you.” Taekwang said

“Me too. I miss you so much.” Eunbi said

“Let me take look of you my dear.” Taekwang push her gently and put his hands on her cheeks. 

“Aigoo. You become older.” Taekwang teases her.

“Ya!” Eunbi pouted 

He kiss her lips and says, “yet, you’re still pretty as ever. I love you.”

She smiles and says, “Ya! People are looking.”

“Hehe mianhae. I just can’t hold it anymore.”

“Let’s go. Are you hungry?”

“Starving.” Taekwang said 

They go to Eunbi place. Taekwang puts his bag while Eunbi cook for him. 

He hugs her from behind and begin to kiss her.

“Ya. Gong Taekwang.” Eunbi protested weakly

“Wae? We’ve done this before.” He continue to kiss her. He carry her and put her in the table. He kiss her passionately.

“Stop.” Eunbi said

“I can’t” Taekwang said while start to undress her

“Taekwang ah.” She moaned. She push her gentle and she caresses his cheek, “I want us to wait until we’re married.”

Taekwang sighs and says, “araso. But I can still kiss you, right?”

“Ne.”

He kiss her forehead and says, “so can I help you with something?” 

“Are you ok with that?” Eunbi asked

“Ne. I love you beside I can hold it for few months.”

“Few months!”

“Or maybe we should married tomorrow?” Taekwang teases her

“Ya!”

“Wae? You don’t want to marry me?”

“It’s not that. It just..”

“Haha. You are easy to tease.” He kiss her forehead.

“Ya!” She protested. He offers his hand and she accepts it.

“So what do you want to cook?” Taekwang asked

“Hmm.. something healthy. You’re getting fat, you know?”

“Ya! I still have my six pack!”

“Jeez.. it’s more like 3 pack hehe..”

They spend the rest of the day, teasing each other. With smile on their face, it will be a great day, they thought to themselves.

 

***

 

It’s chrismas already, Eunbi takes her keys and walks towards the bus stop. She goes to the shopping mall in Tongyeong to buy presents for the orphanage and her family. 

She’s browsing in the store and a guy approach her.

“Anneyong Eunbi.” Soo Ho said

“Oppa.” Eunbi said

“Ya. It’s been months since I met you. You look great. How are you?” Soo Ho said

“I am fine. How about you? I saw you on tv yesterday. So you’re becoming an anchor just like you want.”

“I’m great. They offered me last month and I just took it without much thinking.”

“You look great on tv.”

“Gomawo. You look happy. Where’s Taekwang?”

“I do. Hehe. He’s on a plane, he will be here tomorrow.” Eunbi said happily 

“Ya. You do look more beautiful with that smile. You should do that more often.”

“Gomawo. Are you here to buy a present?”

“Ne. Let me carry some of your stuff.”

“Ah.. you don’t have to.”

Soo Ho takes some her stuff and they talk for some times.

After they pay for their stuff, Eunbi got a call from Taekwang. 

“Wae?” Eunbi answered 

“Where are you?” Taekwang asked

“In front of C store.” Eunbi said

“Okay. Wait there.” Taekwang said and he end his call.

“Hello?” Eunbi seems confused but few minutes later, Taekwang approaches her and Soo Ho.

“Gong Taekwang?” Eunbi asked

“Wow you really buy many stuffs. Ah Anneyong. Ji Soo Ho-si right?” Taekwang said

“Ne. You’re here to surprise her, don’t you?”

“Ne. It’s that her stuffs? Here let me carry it.” Taekwang said

“Ne.” Soo Ho said and gives Eunbi shopping bags to him.

“So since he’s here, I should go. Seeing both of you will make my day miserable. Hehe.” Soo Ho said jokingly 

“Oppa.. gomawo.” Eunbi smile

Ji Soo Ho leaves Eunbi and Taekwang. 

“Ya! I already told you, don’t smile like that in front of any guy. And what’s with Oppa things? I ask you to call me that but still you haven’t do that but him? Ya! You really?” 

Eunbi smiles while seeing her boyfriend rambling like that. She tipped toe her feet and kiss him.

“I am glad you here, Gong Taekwang.”

“Oppa...” Taekwang still trying

“Hahaha. I won’t called you that.” Eunbi teases him and she walks away from him.

“Ya! Try it like this. Oppaa..” Taekwang said while catching her step

“Taekwang-ah...” Eunbi said cutely

Taekwang stop his step and his face becomes red. He says, “that’s also okay. Can you talked like that again?” He walks towards her again

“Ani-yo.”

“Ya! Pleaseee..” Taekwang said

Eunbi stop her step and she stands beside him. She whispers to his ears and says,

“Taekwang-ah.. saranghae” with her cute voice.

“I think I might die now” Taekwang said happily