Chapter 2

Still in my heart

Eunbi waves at her boyfriend and she smiles at him. Yi Ahn runs towards her and greet her.

”Did I make you waited?” Yi Ahn asked

”ani. I just arrived.” Eunbi answered 

“good then. Let’s do our morning exercise.” Yi Ahn starts to run and Eunbi followed him.

Almost every morning, they run together in the park. Yi Ahn has been busy with his training. These few minutes are their precious time to be together. 

After their exercise, Eunbi goes to her house and eats her breakfast with her mother. She goes to her school afterwards. She takes the bus to school and greet Shijin and Songjoo when she arrived at school. Sometimes Taekwang joins them but most of the time he comes late. She meets him on their sacred place, rooftop. They talked and tease each other. Those becomes her routine. She enjoys her time in Seoul.

Her sister sometimes call her and makes Eunbi misses her more than before. She loves her sister so much and it’s hurt when they have to be separated again but it’s her sister wish so she tries to endured it. Beside she can always know Eunbyul news from Yi ahn. He can’t stop talking about her. Eunbi notices that he misses her more than she did. She sometimes thinks he likes Eunbyul more than her.

She sits on the swings and plays by herself. The winds blowing nicely. She has lost her thoughts. Someone approached her and said,

”I am sorry I am late.” 

“Gwenchana.” Eunbi said

”I finished the training an hour ago but your sister called me and we just lose track of time.” Yi Ahn said

”Gwenchana. You should talk more with her. You must be missing her so much” Eunbi said

”Ne. I miss her but she sounds really happy.” Yi Ahn said. He didn’t notice there’s a bitter sound in Eunbi voice.

”She will comes next week right? For summer holiday.”

”Ne. I can’t wait to see her.”

“Me too. Should we eat something before we go back?”

“Ah mianhae. My dad has already cooked for me. Since I was quite busy with the tournament, we rarely see each other. I want to spend time with him. Do you want to join us?” Yi Ahn asked

“Ah. You should spend time with him alone. We can go another time.”

“Mianhe, i feel terrible I already made you wait and cancel our plan.”

“Gwenchana. I actually feel tired. Say hi to your dad and have a fun time with him.”

“Gomawo.” Yi Ahn ruffles Eunbi hair and smiles at her. He takes his bag and leaves her.

Eunbi stands up and walks towards her house. She feels heavy somehow. Her stomach starts to growl and she plans to buy some snack at the convenience store. From far she sees Taekwang and Joy together. Joy looks really nice and Taekwang looks handsome as always. She realizes that she shouldn’t think about how good looking he is. She shakes her head and turn around. However, Taekwang already saw her. 

“Ya! Go Eunbi!” He shouts her name.

Eunbi turn around again and smiles at them. Taekwang runs towards her.

“What are you doing?” He asked Eunbi

“Going home.” Eunbi answered 

“Ah. Something wrong? You look weak” Taekwang notices that something is not right.

“Ani. I should go.”

“Wait.” Taekwang stop her and grab her wrist. He continues to say, “Joy, you can go home by yourself right? See you tomorrow at the academy.”

Joy nods and smiles bitterly.

Taekwang pull Eunbi and walks away from Joy.

He released his hand and walk by her side.

“You don’t need to takes me home.” Eunbi said

“Ara. But I am afraid that you will pass out if I don’t do that. You look really weak. Have you eat?” Taekwang said

“I..have” eunbi lied and her stomach starts to growl loudly

Taekwang heard and laugh.

“Ya! Don’t lie. Let’s but something to eat. We can buy sandwiches there.” Taekwang push her gently towards the restaurant. They buy some foods for them. 

“So why are you look so down?” Taekwang asked her

“Nothing. I am just hungry that’s all.” Eunbi lied again

“You know that I can differentiate your lie.” Taekwang said

“I forgot that you can do that.” Eunbi said

“So you can’t tell me?”

“It’s not that I can’t tell you. It just.. it’s about me and Yi Ahn”

“You can tell me everything. Even your relationship with him. I am okay. I just want you to be happy. So he still can’t stop talking about your evil twins?”

“Ya! My sister is not an evil!” Eunbi protested

“She is.”

“Ya!”

“Tell him how your feel.” Suddenly Taekwang becomes serious. He continues his saying, “he won’t know your trully feeling when you just accepted and say nothing.”

“Araso.”

They arrived at Eunbi house and he waves goodbye at her.

Eunbi knows that what Taekwang said was right. She wants to talk to Yi Ahn about but everytime she has the time or chance, she suddenly can’t talk. She feel dejected somehow. She’s not strong enough like her sister. No wonder Yi Ahn likes her more. She thought to herself.”

 

Time passes by so quickly. Eunbi and her mother arrived at the airport and pick up Eunbyul. Eunbyul looks dashing as always.

She hugs her mother and her sister. They take her luggage and put in their car. 

They spend time together for the rest of their day.

The next day, Eunbyul meets Yi Ahn at his gym. Eunbi joins them an hour later because suddenly something comes up.

Yi Ahn sees Eunbyul and hugs her tightly. He stokes her hair gently.

“Ya! Are you crazy?!” Eunbyul protests

“Ya! My Eunbyul is finally back.” Yi Ahn said

“Did you miss me that much?” Eunbyul said

“Ne. Ah cem, where’s Eunbi?” Yi Ahn asked

“I don’t know, suddenly she got a called and said that I should go first.”

“Ooo ok. So how are you?” Yi Ahn asked

“Ok I guess.”

They laughed and chatted together. They seem happy and comfortable towards each other. 

They decide to go eat near the the gym. A few minutes later, Eunbi joins them. She apologized because she was late. 

After dinner, they walk towards eunbi and eunbyul house. Yi Ahn can’t stop talking with Eunbyul. Somehow, Eunbi looks like a third wheel. Eunbi smiles as she realize something. 

They arrive and Eunbi asked her sister to enter first. Eunbi wants to talk to Yi Ahn. Eunbyul follow her sister instructions and enter her house.

“Something wrong?” Yi Ahn asked Eunbi

“Did you have fun with unnie?” Eunbi asked

“Ne.” He nods and smiles brightly

“Good. Seeing you two together makes me really happy. You should told her how you really feel.” Eunbi said

“What do you meant?”

“You still like her. You talk about her all time and i can see how happy you are whenever with her.”

“Ya. Eunbi-ah.”

“Gwenchana. She’s your first love and you like her for more than ten years. It’s understandable.”

“Mianhae.”

“You don’t have to feel sorry. I am totally understand. Please make my sister happy.” She smiles and leaves him. She enters her house with smiles at her face. A tear drop from her eyes but she wipes it. She goes to her room and Eunbyul is waiting for her.

“Are you okay?” Eunbyul asked her

“Ne. I am okay now.” Eunbi said

“Is Han Yi Ahn treated you bad? I can hit him if you want.”

“Ani. He always kind but we just don’t belong together as a couple.”

“What?! Are you break up with him?”

“Ne.”

“Why?”

“Can we not talk about it?” Eunbi asked

“Araso. So, where were you before? You seem panicked when you got a call.” Eunbyul said

“Ah. Taekwang is sick so I went to him. But he’s okay now.”

“Gong Taekwang?”

“Ne.”

“I see..”

“It’s getting late, let’s go to sleep. I have to go to hospital early morning.”

“Have to? Not want to? Did the idiot force you to see him.”

“Ani! I don’t know why i said that. I feel like I have to be with him. I think I am tired, I cannot think straight.”

“Araso. Whatever you said.” Eunbyul smiles. She notices something must happen between those two.

 

***

Epilogue

 

Taekwang wakes up heavily this morning. He was soaked by the rain yesterday night because he forgot to bring umbrella. His body starts to shake and he feels so cold. His dad enter his room because Taekwang didn’t answer his call. He looks at Taekwang worryingly. He carries his son to the car and takes him to hospital. Taekwang accidentally press call to his last caller. Eunbi answered it but all she can heard only noises. 

Eunbi called him back and Taekwang answers weakly. 

“Wae?” Taekwang said

“You called me before. Something wrong? Why your voice sound weak?” 

“Ah mianhae. My body accidentally press a called button when they moved me to the car. I just little sick.”

“What do you meant little sick?”

“I am fine. I already on my way to the hospital.”

“Which hospital? I go there now.”

“Ya. I am fine. You shouldn’t..”

****

Few minutes later, Taekwang and his dad arrive at the hospital. He goes to the ICU and the doctor gave him a shot and ask him to stay there for a night. 

They move him to a room and he closed his eyes for awhile. Eunbi arrives when he’s asleep. His dad greet her and they talk for awhile. Someone called Taekwang dad and he excused himself. He goes outside to take the call.

Eunbi sits beside Taekwang and his hair gently. Taekwang wakes up and smiles at her.

“I told you not to come. I am fine.” Taekwang said weakly

“I know. But I still want to see you.” Eunbi said

“I am sorry to make you worry.” Taekwang said

“Gwenchana. Worrying you is my distraction.” 

“You haven’t talked to him?”

“Ne. Ya! I told you to bring umbrella!” Eunbi scold him

“Araso. I will bring it from now on.”

“I have to go. Eunbyul and Yi Ahn are waiting for me.” Eunbi said disappointedly

“Ok. Thank you for coming.” Taekwang said

“Can I come again tomorrow morning before they discharge you?” Eunbi asked

Taekwang surprised and he said, “as long as it’s not bothering you.”

Eunbi smiles and said, “gomawo.”

She gets up and starts to leave but Taekwang hand reach her wrist. He grab her and pull her close to him. He said, “stay”

“Gong Taekwang.” Eunbi said bewildered 

“Mianhae. I become greedy.”

Eunbi smiles at him and she walks towards the door. Taekwang sees her and his eyes becomes heavy again.