Chapter 3

Still in my heart

Eunbi wakes up with smile at her face. Today is the first day of her senior year. Her last year before she entered the university. It will be busy year for her.

It’s been months since she spoke to Yi Ahn or spend time together with him. He’s been busy with his competition but somehow he can manage to talk to Eunbyul everyday. 

Eunbi get off from the bus and Taekwang has already waited for her.

“Wow you early.” Eunbi seems surprised to see him

“You look nice.” Taekwang said while ignoring her surprises

“Gomawo. I can’t believe that we already in our last year. Thank goodness that I can still have the same classmate like before.”

“Are you that happy to have the same class with me?” Taekwang teases her

“Ani. That’s the only thing I regret it.” 

“Ya!” Taekwang protests 

Eunbi smiles mischievously and run towards Shijin and Song Joo. She greet them while Taekwang follows her.

 

They enter their new class and the study more intense than before. Only Taekwang remains the same. Pretending to sleep. 

During recess, shijin, songjoo and eunbi eat lunch together. After finishing their lunch, Eunbi goes to the rooftop and she sees Taekwang.

She approaches him and smiles at him. She sits beside him while he eats his lunch .

“Did Joy packed another lunch box for you?” Eunbi asked

“Ne. It’s quite good actually. Do you want to try?” Taekwang said 

“Gomawo. I’m full. Ya. She’s so nice, you should treat her nicely.”

“I always nice.” 

“Jeez.”

“I even reject her nicely.”

“Reject her?”

“Ne. She said that she likes me but I turn her down.”

“Ya.”

“She doesn’t want to give up though, she said that she will make me like her. What a bizarre girl.” Taekwang said nonchalantly

“Ooo. She’s right though, you will fall for her. She’s pretty and kind.” Eunbi said bitterly

Taekwang stop eating and looks into Eunbi eyes. He says,”Ya! Can we stop talking about this?!”

“Araso.” Eunbi pouted.

Taekwang thought at himself, how can I like someone else beside you. You don’t know how much I love you. I couldn’t tell you. I am not brave enough to lose you again. 

He sighed and finish his lunch.

Eunbi looks at the sky and she takes a deep breath. She looks at Taekwang who just finished his lunch. She smiles at him. The truth is I am afraid. She thought to herself.

The winds blow their hair slowly. They just sit and look at the sky. No words have been spoken. Just the two of them and the winds.

 

***

 

Eunbi looks at the mirror million times. Today she plans to meet her friends at the music festival near Shijin house. They promised to meet at the enterance. She looks at her watch and grabs her purse. 

She walks fast towards the bus stop. Taekwang is standing at there charmingly. Eunbi walks more faster than before and waves at him. Taekwang sees her and he looks surprised. Eunbi looks really cute and Taekwang just can’t stop looking at her.

“Mianhae. Did I make you wait?” Eunbi said

“Ani. Ya. You look..” Taekwang just can’t finished his sentence.

“Did I look terrible?” Eunbi somehow didn’t feel confident.

“Ani. The opposite of terrible.” Taekwang said

“Haha. Did I make your heart skipped a bit?” Eunbi teases him

“Ne.” Taekwang said without much thinking

“Huh?” Eunbi surprise to hear his answer

“Ah let’s go. The bus is here.” 

They sit together and few minutes later they arrived at the festival.

They greet Shijin and Songjoo who already waited for them.

“Let’s go!” Shijin grabs Eunbi hands and walks together with her and Songjoo. Taekwang walks behind them. 

The festival is really crowded. It’s hard to move. Eunbi has been pushed by some people while walking. Taekwang seems annoyed and he push her to his side. 

“Walk beside me.” Taekwang said firlmy. He then hold her hand in secret. Shijin and Songjoo don’t notice it. 

“It will be hard to found you if we get separated.” Taekwang said 

“Araso.” Eunbi nods and she smiles brightly.

They finally found some place to rest. 

“Wow. This place are so packed” shijin said

“Ne.” The others agreed

“Me and shijin will go to that tent. Are you going with us?” Songjoo asked

“You two can go. I am going to see other performance.” Eunbi said

“I am with Eunbi.” Taekwang said

“Araso.” Shijin said. They leave them.

“You don’t seemed to enjoy this?” Taekwang asked Eunbi.

“Ne. It just too crowded.”

“Let’s go somewhere else then. We can text them later.”

“Ok.” Eunbi agreed with him

Taekwang holds her hand again and they go outside the festival. They go to a shopping street near there. Taekwang teases her along the way. They laughed and play some game in the arcade.

The time passed by so quickly. Eunbi got a called from shijin. They finished and plan to meet them. 

Eunbi and Taekwang walk again to the festival entrance and meet with Shijin and Songjoo.

They eat dinner together. Shijin and Songjoo told them how cool the bands. Eunbi listens to their story. 

After dinner, Taekwang Eunbi to her house. 

“Are you disappointed that you don’t see the performance?” Taekwang asked Eunbi

“Ani. Spend time with you at the market and the arcade are so much fun.”

“I am glad to hear it.” 

They arrive at her house gate. 

“You must be exhausted. Go take a rest.” Taekwang said

“Honestly I am not. Today is so much fun. We should do this more often. With the exam and stuffs are just too much.” Eunbi said

“Let’s do that then but next time just the two of us.” Taekwang said

Eunbi surprised but didn’t against it.

Taekwang looks at her lovingly. He her hair gently and he step forward. He kiss her lips. It’s more a peck than a kiss. 

Eunbi looks at him and says, “Ya!”

“You know how I feel. I can’t deny it anymore. Mianhae.” Taekwang said.

He takes a deep breath and continues, “should I stop liking you? Just said it then I’ll stop..”

Eunbi tiptoeing her feet and puts her hands on his cheek. She kiss him.

There’s a silent between them. Their eyes lock to each other. 

Taekwang takes a step forward again and kiss her. He kisses her passionately. She kisses him back. 

 

***

 

The next day, Taekwang arrives at his school and he sees Eunbi. He smiles and run towards her. He greet her and she greet him back. She looks so shy and her face is so red.

“Ya. Wae geurae?” Taekwang asked 

“Nothing” Eunbi said while avoiding eye contact.

“Then why are you avoiding me?” Taekwang asked

“I am not.”

“Should I did it again here?” Taekwang teases her

“Ya!” 

“Haha. I am kidding. I will do it later.”

“Ya!”

“Hahaha. Why you have to be this cute.?!” Taekwang said but then Shijin and Songjoo come and stand between them. They enter the class together.

 

During recess, Eunbi goes to the rooftop to meet Taekwang. She sits beside him and Taekwang holds her hand.

“It’s nice.” Taekwang said

“Ne. Ah cem have you thought which university that you want to enter?”

“I am going to study aboard.” Taekwang said

“What?!” Eunbi said

“Wae?” Taekwang asked

“Ya! How can you be so calm? You can’t do that?! You said that you like me, you even kiss me but in the end, you will leave me!” Eunbi said angrily

“I am not going to leave you. I will be back to seoul after I finished my study. I believe on us. We’re not going to change just because the distance.”

“Are you that confident?”

“Aren’t you? I am not going to have change of heart. You’re my most important.”

“But..”

“How about this? I will be back on summer and winter holiday. I will call you everyday. We can video call everytime you want. And before I go, we will spend time together everyday. I even glued myself to you.” 

“Araso.”

“Beside we have a year before I left.”

“You’re right. I can still change my mind.” Eunbi teases him back

“Ya!”

“Wae?”

“I won’t let that happen!”

“I doubt that. Haha” Eunbi continues teases him.

He stands up and grab her wrist. He pulls her to the wall near the rooftop door. 

“Ya!” Eunbi protested 

“I said to you this morning. I will kiss you again.”

“But..”

“This is a blind spot, cctv won’t record us.” He said and lean to kiss her.