Chapter 1

Safe Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seyoung turned the corner. She looked back, had she finally lost him. She kept walking fast she didn’t want to risk being caught.

Home, she was almost home just a bit more and she was there. She began to run desperately, suddenly someone grabbed her arm. She shut her eyes knowing who it was and expecting a blow.  

“Let me go.” She opened her eyes slowly, Seungwon stood in front of her. “Seungwon let go of me. ” She tried to yank her arm from his grip. 

“I wasn’t done talking to you.” He began to pull her away, she pulled her arm and struggled to get free. He let go of her and she fell to the floor. Seungwon let out a shout of anger and pulled at his hair. “Why are you doing this to me Seyoung?” 

Still on the ground, she answered him. “Because I don’t love you anymore Seungwon, you changed too much.” Seyoung had explained this to him so many times but he failed to understand. 

He neared her and pulled her up by her hair. “You will stop loving me when I tell you to, you are my woman.” She shouted in pain. This had been going on for too long, she didn’t want this anymore. 

Seyoung was weak but she knew how to defend herself. She swung her left arm and punched him in the face. Seungwon released his grip on her hair and stumbled back, she took the chance and run away. But her punch didn’t keep him down for long soon he was chasing after her. A while back Seyoung would have cried, she was scared of him and the thought of what he might do to her made it worse but now she no longer cried her tears were long gone the only thing that remained was fear. 

Seungwon caught up to Seyoung and grabbed her and without warning, he punched her in the jaw, she immediately fell to the ground and another blow came, this time to her stomach. He kicked her repeatedly. She felt useless, she wanted to do something but he was so much bigger than her, she had tried many times to fight back but she did minimal to no damage. She had thought many times of just getting back with him so he wouldn't hurt her as much but the thought of being around him disgusted her.

Seungwon grabbed her and made her stand. “Just stay with me Seyoung, I won’t treat you like this if you just stay with me.” 

Seyoung let out a small laugh. “Don’t lie to me Seungwon you did this even when we were together.” She pushed him away to stand on her own. “You won’t change just because I am with you. I would rather die than go back to you.” She could see the anger on Seungwon’s face. She knew she was going to get hit, she needed to run, find a way to get rid of him.

“I am going to give you one more chance Seyoung, stay with me or things will get worse.” Worse? Could things get any worse than this? An idea came to mind she would regret it if it went wrong but if it didn’t she could be free even it is was for a while. Seyoung took a couple of steps towards him. Seungwon smiled at the sight of her approach. She was going to go back to him. Seyoung smiled back at him and executed her plan, she took a step closer and kneed him in the groin. She turned and ran not wanting to look back to see if he was coming after her or if he was on the ground. 

 

Seyoung ran for a long time and decided she could stop. She sank to the floor and breathed heavily. God, she ached everywhere Seungwon had been too much today.

“Miss are you ok?” She looked up and saw a tall man walking towards her. He had light brown hair, his eyes were big and pretty but they were filled with worry, they must look beautiful when he smiled she thought. He crouched down next to her and asked again. “Are you ok? How did you get hurt?." He looked her over. "Let’s get you up.” He stood up and extended his hand to her. She took his hand and stood up. 

“Thank you... and yes I am fine.” She wasn’t fine at all but she wouldn’t let a stranger know that. 

“Are you sure? Your lip is busted and you're holding onto your stomach. I can take you to a hospital.” 

“NO, no... thank you but I am fine it nothing I can’t take. “ She gave him a small smile to show him that she was fine. All she needed was to get home and she would be “safe” from Seungwon.

And like in dramas where the bad things happened so suddenly, she saw Seungwon running towards her and the man.  Seyoung couldn’t stay there any longer or this man, he would probably end up getting hurt too. She grabbed the strangers hand and faced him. He looked down at their hands and back up at her, she could see from his expression that he was confused but that didn’t matter, only their safety did. “Run” that was the only thing she told him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter