Chapter 8

The Lover Archetype
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He ran his fingers through his hair while sticking the phone to his ear. 

 

“I’m so sorry for you, Tzuyu. Are you okay?” 

 

“I.. I don’t know what to do, aunt Jihyo” 

 

After Sana left the house for work, Tzuyu felt like he needed someone to talk to. At first he wanted to call his best buddy, Chaeyoung. But after thinking twice, it would be a bad idea to tell Chaeyoung about the problem he and Sana were facing. Chaeyoung would definitely be paranoid about it. 

 

Then he thought of his uncle. His uncle would give some good advices but the old man was currently sick. It even hurts him to hear the bad cough from his ill uncle.  

 

Call Jeongyeon? Jeongyeon was still inexperience with advance relationship, especially marriage. 

 

But then Tzuyu found someone who would make him feel better. His loveable aunt Jihyo of course. Sometimes people say that, elder woman gives better advices than men. 

 

So Tzuyu decided to give Jihyo a call and he had told her everything from beginning till the end. Their phone conversation had been going on for more than fifteen minutes. 

 

“Aunt Jihyo, can you answer my question?” 

 

“What is it Tzuyu?” 

 

“Was it entirely my fault?” 

 

“Tzuyu..” 

 

“If I didn’t do any skinship with Seolhyun, then Sana and I would’ve talked about the pregnancy problem peacefully right?” 

 

He heard Jihyo sighed in the phone. 

 

“Tzuyu.. I know you were just trying to coax your broken hearted assistant. You don’t have any feelings for her right?” 

 

“Seolhyun? Of course not!” 

 

“But Tzuyu, in Sana’s eyes, it must’ve been different” 

 

“No she’s not seeing it the other way. How come you are so sure aunt Jihyo?” 

 

“I’m a woman, Tzuyu. I know” 

 

He sighed and lied his back against the sofa while looking up to the ceiling. 

 

“Tzuyu, try putting yourself in Sana’s shoes. Wouldn’t you feel upset if you see her getting intimate with another man when you’re facing a problem where you desperately needed her by your side?” 

 

He kept quiet and not giving a reply. 

 

“Think about it, my boy. You both have been married for four years now. You should know her better than knowing yourself” 

 

His lips still tightly zipped. He bent forward to set his elbows on his knees. 

 

“And about the barren problem, it’s up to you guys, I will not interfere Tzuyu. It’s your marriage not mine” 

 

“But Tzuyu, as a husband, you should know what to do” 

 

“Okay aunt Jihyo” 

 

Jihyo suddenly giggled in the phone. 

 

“What’s so funny?” 

 

“I still remember few years back when you came home from Sana’s house in a happy mood while skipping here and there” 

 

“And also when you were nervous trying to look away while she was doing your tie. Not forgetting that she was wearing the see through shirt” 

 

He chuckled, “What’s with the reminiscing moment all of a sudden?” 

 

“Because I missed the both of you. I missed watching the lovey dovey couple. When will you come home, Tzuyu?” 

 

“I’m sorry aunt Jihyo. Work has been busy for me. We’ll come home.. when everything’s fixed. Okay?” 

 

“Fix it quick and come home” 

 

“I will, I will” 

 

“And Tzuyu” 

 

“Yes?” 

 

“No matter what, don’t give up on your wish to have a family. Miracles do happen sometimes. You love her so much, don’t you?” 

 

Tzuyu nodded, “Yes I do” 

 

“Then go for it, you big boy!” Jihyo laughed. “I love you, Tzuyu” 

 

“Love you too aunt Jihyo. Don’t tell Sana I said I love you. She’ll get jealous” 

 

“I won’t” she giggled. “Bye now. Hope to see you soon” 

 

“Bye aunt Jihyo. Thank you so much” 

 

With a smile on his face, he ended the phone conversation after pressing the button. He then sat comfortable on the sofa and switched on the TV using the remote control. 

He changed from channel to channel trying to watch something that would make his troubles go away. While switching the channels, he caught a glimpse of his beloved’s face. He switched it back and found her on the screen. 

 

A news about Banila Co. event. Of course he definitely knew who the model was. Sana of course. His Sana. His face enlightened and his lips curled upwards looking at the beautiful figure in the screen. Boy she looked stunning. But she’s way better in reality, way prettier in front of his own eyes. And he should feel lucky. 

 

She was smiling and waving on the red carpet to everyone. Her sweet smile that would melt people’s heart. However, he noticed something strange. Through those smiles of hers, he can see that she was faking it. He scanned her eyes and yes, what she was showing was not genuine. It was clear to him that she was still affected by their fight. 

 

“Sana shi, care to explain why you were late?” 

 

 “As an idol, you are expected to be professional, especially about time” 

 

“We have been waiting for half an hour in the cold weather, would you like to say anything about it? An apology from the priceless model, perhaps?” 

 

Tzuyu stood up with his eyebrows furrowed and shot his glares at the reporters who bombed her with the questions. He swore to himself if he were there at the location, the reporters would end up being in hospital or in the graves after getting strangled by him. 

 

He saw Sana bowing a few times before entering the building, with a smile.  

 

He wanted to protect her from the rude reporters. However, he was curious as well. 

 

‘Why were you late, Sana?’ 

 

***************** 

 

Mina exited the house to proceed to the backyard where the event manager was waiting. She smiled walking towards them and greeted first with a handshake. 

 

“Hi there. You must be the event manager” 

 

“Lovely to meet you, Mrs.Son. Is that alright to call you by family name or do you prefer by your first name?” 

 

“I’m Mina Son Myoui. You can call me anything you like” she giggled 

 

“Beautiful name you have there, my lady. My name’s Joe” 

 

“Okay Joe so is there anything that you want to surprise me? And I believe you are sent here by the party planner right?” 

 

“Yes indeed and here’s my card so there’s nothing to worry about, Mrs.Son” he handed her his business card. 

 

He resumed, “Let’s get back to business shall we? Does a cocktail bar enlighten you up?” 

 

“So are you surprising me with a cocktail bar? That would be lovely since my husband can be really good with drinks” 

 

“Wonderful! Your spouse must be really happy when he sees it but first do tell me where do you want me to install it?” 

 

Chaeyoung suddenly appeared from the house and went to her side. He set his hand on her back and planted a short kiss on her lips. 

“Hey there beautiful” smiled Chaeyoung 

 

“Speak of the devil, Chaeng. We were just talking about you. Chaeyoung, meet Joe, the event manager. Joe, Chaeyoung, my husband” 

 

Chaeyoung brought his hand up and shook with the man, “Nice to meet you” 

 

“Nice meeting you too, sir. You must be the lucky man everyone’s envious about” 

 

“Oh well” he shyly smiled 

 

Mina set her palm on Chaeyoung’s chest, “Chaeng, Joe is planning to put a cocktail bar for the party. Where would you like to place it?” 

 

“Awesome a bar! What about that corner over there? It would be great since it’s near to where everyone can dance” Chaeyoung pointed at one corner 

 

Joe clapped his hands once, “Excellent choice, sir! Great taste you got there” 

 

“Thank you” smiled Chaeyoung 

 

Suddenly, Kevin appeared before their eyes and came running towards Chaeyoung. 

 

“Raawwrr! I got you!” 

 

“Oh you got me? No you don’t! No you don’t, my little soldier!” Chaeyoung went tickling the child 

 

Mina smiled watching him getting all excited over the little boy. She can’t help it but it melted her heart. Especially when seeing him smiling from ear to ear. She loved it when he smiles. It’s her favourite. And she wished that his smile would never fade away. 

 

“Hehehe stop it! It’s cheating! You know that’s my weakness” Kevin giggled non-stop 

 

Chaeyoung then carried the boy into his arms, “Come on Kevin. Let’s play inside the house. It’s quite chilly out here. See you later, Minari” 

 

Kevin waved at Mina and the event manager before tightly wrapping his arms around his uncle’s neck. 

 

The corner of her lips curled upwards looking at them.  

 

‘Chaeyoung, I’ve made a huge mistake’ 

 

Now she realized something. Something that is so important in both of their worlds. She had come to her sense that she had been taking those stupid secretive pills all these years. Thinking that it would be an enjoyable time to just be with him and also to keep herself in shape for her precious career. 

 

‘Mina, you are so stupid' 

 

Finally, she’s blaming herself for this. It’s all not about her, not even about him, but it’s all about them. The word ‘marriage’ has finally knocked her mentally. 

 

“He sure is a good daddy” smiled Joe 

 

Mina turned her head to look at the latter with a slightly surprised face, “Umm.. Kevin’s his nephew” 

 

The event manager dropped his jaw a little bit, “Oh I’m sorry. I thought..” 

“It’s fine..” 

 

“Well, the real one will come soon yeah?” 

 

She stared blankly at him before looking back at the house where Chaeyoung and Kevin just walked in. She blinked her eyes twice. 

 

‘Oh let’s just cut the crap, Mina’ 

 

Mina faced Joe once again and replied with a smile, “Yes. Very soon” 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter