Chapter 28

The Lover Archetype
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A house by the sea, that was what he wished for, that was what she chose for. The reason why he loves living by the ocean? Because of its view and its breeze. A comfortable home with magnificent view of the crystal clear ocean with cool zephyr. 

 

He stared into the sky thinking how many phases of life challenges he had gone through? One? Two? He lost count. Sometimes he wished that a time machine will appear, and giving him two choices to time travel. 

 

First, any day before his parents left. 

 

Second, the day where he first met her, lips to lips. 

 

But at times he thought that why would he need a time machine? Clearly, he’s feeling very content. Yes there were ups and downs, feeling sad, cry, shout, angry and others. But everything concluded in a one fairytale like happily ever after. He got married to a damn beautiful model, have a successful career, have lovely friends and family who always there to support him, and he’s expecting a child soon. What more could he ask? 

 

He smiled by himself while standing by the shore, causing the person next to him to notice the random emotion. 

 

“Why are you smiling, oppa?” 

 

He faced, “What?” 

 

“You smiled suddenly. Why?” 

 

Picking up few flat stones and pebbles, he threw it across the surface of the sea, “Nothing, Jeongie” 

 

Jeongyeon looked up to him with an eyebrow raised. She shook it off, resuming doodling random things on the ground covered with sand using a stick. 

 

“Oppa” 

 

“Yes?” 

 

“How’s your back?” 

 

“Not using crutches anymore” 

 

“Good to hear that” 

 

“Yup” 

 

“Oppa” 

 

“Yes?” 

 

“I’m gonna ask you something that I’ve never asked you before” 

 

“Shoot it” 

 

She moved her gaze to the water, “How was umma before she died?” 

His hand stopped before throwing the next pebble. 

 

“Tell me” she said 

 

“She was beautiful. She was a very hardworking housewife, and a very lovable mother. She was amiable, even with strangers. Her love for appa was deep. To prove that, is our existence” he chuckled. 

 

“She sounds perfect” 

 

He nodded, “A wife and a mother that everyone would have dreamed of. That’s her alright” 

 

“If she was still alive, what do you think she’s doing right now?” 

 

He stared at the water before answering, “Sitting here with us. Probably using a walking stick because of an old age” 

 

She smiled before continuing her doodles on the sand. 

 

“Why’d you ask?” 

 

“Just” 

 

He called, “Hey” 

 

“What?” Jeongyeon looked up again 

 

“You should consider yourself lucky because you’re gonna have a mother-in-law soon. Unlike me and Sana, we’re on our own” 

 

“Then where should we place aunt Jihyo?” she smirked 

 

“Oh right. Yeah she is like a mother to us” he chuckled 

 

“Eeeeek!!!” 

 

They shot their eyes at the house wondering the reason of the sudden dolphin scream. 

 

“Sana?” he called 

 

They saw Sana running out from the backdoor while skipping. Running and skipping at the same time, looking cheerful. 

 

“Tzuyu! Jeongie!” 

 

“Yeah?” they replied 

 

“Guess what I just found out?” 

 

“What?” 

 

“Tadah!” she shoved her iPhone to them, signaling them to read a certain article. 

 

They both read in synchronize, “American actor and model, Daniel Henney, revealed his ideal type is Minatozaki Sana. He said that the two met at an event last time, and he confessed that she’s a y and cute woman” 

“What the hell?” said Tzuyu 

 

“Woohoohoo” Jeongyeon smiled cheekily 

 

“I know right!” she jumped in circle 

 

“Okay Sana first of all, stop jumping and skipping around you might drop the baby in your tummy. Secondly, your name is Chou Minatozaki Sana, tell that to the media. And thirdly, doesn’t this guy know that you’re married - to me?” 

 

“Hehe this is gonna be fun” Jeongyeon getting excited to know what will happen between them two 

 

“Tzuyu, it’s Daniel Henney we’re talking about! The guy who has perfect male figure, deep charming voice, his visual, oh my his visual- da bom! Mina is so gonna be jealous of me when she sees this” 

 

“When did you guys meet anyways?” 

 

“The Burberry event, Tzuyu. Remember I showed you my photo with him? Hehe” 

 

“Hohoho so they took a picture together. Nice” said Jeongyeon 

 

“Sana wake up! You’re acting like this in front of me, your husband!” 

 

“Relax seobang I’m just fangirling” 

 

“Are you sure you’re just fangirling?” 

 

“Maybe she really do admire that guy” Jeongyeon put on an evil smirk 

 

“Sana! You’re carrying my baby for god sake! You’re the mother of my child and you’re being all weird about this Henney guy!” 

 

“Oh I’m not always  like this cheelax Tzuyu” she smacked his arm. “Hehehe Daniel Henney likes me!” 

 

Jeongyeon whispered to him, “She’s currently doesn’t recognize you, oppa” 

 

“Shut up Jeongie. Sana-” 

 

*ding dong* 

 

“They’re here! My lovely sister is here! Come on!” Sana ran back into the house 

 

“Well, good luck oppa” followed Jeongyeon 

 

“Hey! I’ll deal with you later Sana!” 

**************** 

 

“Welcome in you guys!” Sana had her arms opened widely to welcome her sister. 

 

“Unnie!” Krystal jumped to her. “I missed you so much!” 

 

“I missed you too my little kitty sis” 

 

“Hey hey!” Tzuyu appeared from behind making Krystal to change her bear hug to him. “You’ve grown beautiful Krystal” 

 

“Thank you Tzuyu oppa” Krystal glanced behind him to see Jeongyeon waving. “Look who’s here! Jeongyeon hyung!” 

 

While the two exchange hugs, Tzuyu and Sana stared at them in dazed. 

 

“Hyung?” one of them asked 

 

Jeongyeon smiled, “I told her to” 

 

“I can’t wait for hyung’s wedding!” said Krystal 

 

“It’s only few more days Krys. Be patience” 

 

Sana asked, “So did you come alone?” 

 

“Of course not! Where is that llama” Krystal returned to the door and peeked her head outside. “Amber come in. Stop being shy” 

 

Krystal went out to pull the latter inside. 

 

At first they three thought Amber was a boy. But after seconds of observing, they figured her individuality. And they’re not even thinking of any rejection since Krystal looked happier than before. 

 

Amber gave a 90 degree bow, “Good afternoon Tzuyu shi, Sana shi, Jeongyeon shi. My name is Amber Liu. You can just call me Amber” 

 

“or llama!” Krystal giggled. 

 

Sana smiled, “Welcome to our home, Amber. I believe you are Krystal’s close friend right?” 

 

Amber did not reply a word but just nodded shyly. 

 

“Finally I’m meeting the savior of my life. You are very welcome here, Amber” Tzuyu gave her a simple handshake. 

 

“It’s my duty to protect people, Tzuyu shi” bowed Amber 

 

“Please, let’s be informal. You can call me hyung, if you want to” 

 

“Arasso hyung” 

 

“Heyy don’t copy me!” Jeongyeon interfered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter