07.

nine months.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
7 SEVEN    

For the past few days Byulyi had been reading all the labor content she could find – online, bookstores, articles, everything. The couple was getting ready for the last few weeks of pregnancy and Byulyi was panicking – even if it was Yongsun who would deliver, the younger was thrilled about the moment.

The 36th week of pregnancy arrived faster than what both of them expected and from this point and on, the babies could be there anytime soon. “Babe?” Yongsun called out, making Byulyi shift her attention from the book to her wife, who was laid on the couch, resting her head on Byulyi’s lap. “What is it, love? Are you in pain? Do you need anything? Don’t tell me your water broke, oh my god.” Yongsun could only laugh at her wife’s behavior. At the same time it was amusing, she felt loved, knowing Byulyi cared so much about her and their babies. “I love you. That’s it.” A sigh could be heard. Byulyi smiled widely before kissing the female’s forehead and running her fingers through Yongsun’s hair. “I love you too.”

They spent most of their days at home, enjoying each other presence more than anything. Also, Yongsun was having a hard time at moving due her size. Carrying two babies wasn’t as easy as people thought. The only time they’d leave the house was for doctor’s appointments or when Byulyi had to go to the grocery shop down the block.

Wheein and Hwasa’s paid then a daily visit. The younger couple would make sure to check on their friends and offer help to anything they needed. Despite being a bit of a headache when they started arguing about the babies’ favorite, they were great support during the pregnancy and Yongsun couldn’t be more grateful for having amazing friends.

“It’s almost the time for Wheein and Hwasa to stop by.” Yongsun mentioned, still looking up at her wife. “Can we just ignore it when they knock? I don’t really feel like moving.” Byulyi said, smiling softly. Her fingers were tangled on the silky hair of her wife, the book she was once reading, was now placed on the coffee table as her attention was all over Yongsun. “We can. But you know they wouldn’t give up easily.” As much as Yongsun also wanted to cuddle her lover and do nothing all day, she didn’t have the heart to be rude to her friends.

By the time Wheein and Hwasa arrived, Yongsun and Byulyi were cuddling on the couch, sharing kisses and gentle touches. Although they had some intimate moments during the pregnancy, Byulyi knew that now, more than never, Yongsun was in need of some reassurance and love rather than ual touches. With a groan, Byulyi got off the couch to open the door.

“Hey Byul!” Hwasa greeted the older woman before stepping inside the house, followed by Wheein who was carrying a pizza box. “We brought some food!” Wheein said happily, making her way to the kitchen.

The group shared dinner, Wheein and Hwasa talked about their day at work and maybe there was some gossip when they talked, but they loved it. In the end of the day, Yongsun and Byulyi were grateful for those daily visits. It was almost 8PM when they left the house, leaving Byulyi and Yongsun alone to enjoy their time together once more.

3:45AM.

It was supposed to be their sleeping time, when they’d be cuddling and having a peaceful moment in bed, but Yongsun was wide awake. The stinging pain kept her from sleeping properly.

At first, she thought it was some of those ‘false’ labor pains. She had some of those for the past month and checked with the doctor to talk about them. However, this time it was so much more intense than all the others. And that’s when she realized it.

“Byul, wake up!” She said in a hurry, nudging her wife. Startled, Byulyi sat up quickly, turning on the lamp on their nightstand. “Yongsun-ah, are you okay?” She asked, worried. “We need to go to the hospital. Now!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter