05.

nine months.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
5 FIVE    

Byulyi was excited. Actually, she was more than excited. She was more than happy, everything she was feeling at the moment was beyond those and she could never express her feelings with mere words.

Yongsun was excited as well, nervous too. She always would get nervous when they had those doctor appointments, but this time it was different. They would get to know their baby gender. Well, she would get to know it.

She had requested to go to this appointment alone and at first Byulyi couldn’t understand why – so in the first five minutes she was begging to go. But Yongsun explained she wanted to surprise Byulyi and the younger woman agreed with that. It would be a joyful surprise, no matter what’s the result.

Byulyi drove Yongsun to the clinic – and Wheein was tagging along because she’d be the one helping Yongsun if the older needs something. Of course Byulyi was a bit upset that she wouldn’t be joining her wife, but she wouldn’t take it to the heart.

Wheein witnessed the couple being super lovey-dovey in the car before they could get out of the vehicle. The way they kissed each other and exchanged so many ‘I-love-you’s got Wheein wanting to throw up. “Yah, you’ll see your wife in two hours or so. Stop acting like this is the end of the world.” She said while leading Yongsun to the clinic. “Stop! You’re not sweet as Byulyi and you’re supposed to take care of me.” The older whined, almost tearing up.

It took a while until Yongsun stopped whining about how she would miss Byulyi in those next hours and Wheein was doing her best to don’t scold her friend because she knew that Yongsun’s hormones were going crazy.

When they got in the waiting room, Yongsun was calm once again. It didn’t look like she had been whining for the past hour and Wheein was wondering how Byulyi managed to survive through those mood swings. For a second she even thought if she or Hyejin would be like that when they decide to have kids. Well, only time could tell.

It didn’t take long until the doctor called Yongsun to get inside the room. Wheein helped her friend to stand up, so both of them could meet the doctor. They did share greetings and Wheein took a glance around while the doctor and Yongsun kept chatting about the baby’s development, Yongsun’s health and things like that.

The younger woman got busy because Byulyi started texting her. She was texting her nonstop, telling her to take care of Yongsun properly; to hold her hand if she was nervous and make sure she had a water bottle nearby because Yongsun had to stay hydrated. Even though her friend was being annoying, Wheein could tell why those two were together.

Everyone knew that Yongsun and Byulyi were soulmates and it’s was lovely to see how much they would take care of each other. Yongsun always would make sure Byulyi would eat her meals properly, would leave sweet post-it-notes on her lunchbox and everything else. Just like Byulyi would protect Yongsun with her dear life, let the older user her hoodie when she was cold and now with the pregnancy, they became even more attached to each other. Wheein never would say it out loud, but their friends were relationship goals.

She watched the whole process of Yongsun getting on the bed and the doctor doing the ultrasound – she couldn’t see anything in that blur, but she smiled at Yongsun while the older was tearing up as she saw her baby. The doctor looked up at Yongsun, smiling widely. “Congratulations, it’s…”

Wheein let out a dolphin scream as the doctor finally told them the gender of the baby. She was extremely happy and for a se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter