01.

nine months.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
1 ONE    

Byulyi woke up in the middle of the night because she was feeling cold. She took a look on the clock in the night stand. It was almost 5AM and it meant she had three more hours to sleep before having to get up for work.

The best thing about mornings would be waking up to her beautiful wife smiling at her. Byulyi would never get tired of such a beautiful sight to start her day.

She closed her eyes and turned her body around, moving her arms to bring her wife closer to her because she loved Yongsun’s warmth.

But when she ran her arms through Yongsun’s side and noticed the older woman wasn’t there, her eyes were wide open again. “Yongsun?” Byulyi sat up immediately.

A few weird sounds came from the bathroom and Byulyi noticed the light was on. She ran there, slamming the door open and as she saw the scene before her, she got deadly worried.

Yongsun was kneeling down, throwing her dinner out. Byulyi got by her side and took a hold of her hair while soothing her back.

Now Byulyi fully understood what they meant with the “through health and sickness” on the wedding vows.

Once Yongsun finished, she leaned her back against Byulyi’s body. She was looking so pale and weak. “Babe, should I take you to the hospital?” She asked, brushing Yongsun’s hair and helping the woman to stand up.

Yongsun shook her head and Byulyi helped her to get in front of the sink, so she could wash . When she was finished, she felt Byulyi’s strong arms around her body, picking her up and brining her back to bed.

“Yongsun, are you sure you don’t wanna go to the hospital?” Byulyi caressed the older’s chubby cheeks and Yongsun nodded her head, opening her eyes to stare at her lover. “Yes, I’m sure.” Byulyi nodded her head and got by her side, spooning Yongsun.

She was wide awake, watching Yongsun until she was sure the older girl woman was asleep. Byulyi pressed a quick kiss on Yongsun’s temples before falling asleep once again.

In the morning, Byulyi woke up and wasn’t greeted with Yongsun’s smile. The older woman was asleep and Byulyi decided it would be better to let Yongsun rest due the last night events.

Byulyi went to shower and was thinking about calling in sick at both her work and Yongsun’s so she could take care of her wife. After her morning routine, she checked on Yongsun once more and went to kitchen to prepare their breakfast, not forgetting to warn their bosses that none of them would be able to work that day.

When Yongsun appeared on the kitchen, Byulyi greeted her with a quick peck on the lips. “Are you feeling better?” She asked, still worried about her lover.

Yongsun nodded her head and hugged the younger woman, resting her head on Byulyi’s shoulder. Byulyi pulled Yongsun closer and the older woman whined, pulling Byulyi away immediately. “My s… it hurts.” She explained, pouting at her lover.

It took a few seconds until it hit Byulyi like a brick. It couldn’t be, could it? They have tried so many times, yet it didn’t work.

Yongsun sat down on her usual spot and was serving her breakfast when Byulyi sat down by her side. The older noticed that her wife was staring at her with a silly expression – which Yongsun thought that was cute. “Is there something on my face?” She tilted her head before eating a strawberry.

“Yongsun… by any chance, is your period late?” Yongsun tilted her head a little bit, a confused expression on her face. Yes, her period was supposed to come two weeks ago, but it didn’t happen.

Until she got what Byulyi meant with that.

“Oh my god.” That’s everything Yongsun could say before tears started rolling down on her cheeks. Byulyi took that as a yes and hugged her wife immediately. “Hey… don’t cry.” Byulyi said, but she was crying as well.

They had been trying to have a baby for the past six months, but for their sadness, Yongsun’s period would come by every month, indicating she wasn’t pregnant.

The couple had decided the method would be the artificial insemination, so both of them could participate in the process. They were working as hard as they could to pay for all those tries, which were really expensive.

“I-I’ll go to the drugstore down the block and get a pregnancy test, okay?” Byulyi said, standing up and grabbing her keys. Yongsun nodded her head, trying her best to control her tears, but it would just keep on falling do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter