Don't Go

Can't Help Falling In Love With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything else happened in the blink of an eye. Baekhyun jumped and punched the air triumphantly and Seungri was pulled into a bone crushing hug which nearly choked him and reduced him to tears. Baekhyun called Chanyeol to bring the signing papers from the company soon afterwards and the deal was closed just  like that.

“What did you tell him to make him change his mind?” Baekhyun asked for what felt like the hundredth time. We were back in the car , on our way back home.

“That’s between me and Seungri.” I repeated monotonously.

“Still…” Baekhyun pulled his infamous puppy eyes- card and pouted his lips cutely in an attempt to get me to slip up.

“At times like this, I have trouble believing that you are a grown man, not to mention, the CEO of a company.” I scoffed and  to my great satisfaction it wiped the adorable look from his face. I hoped he didn’t hear the erratic thudding of my heart, which never failed to react to his cute and adorable expressions, every single time. How can a guy be so charming and attractive at the same time? Baekhyun sure is one of a kind.

The ride was quiet after that, mostly because Baekhyun was offended by my little remark. I jumped a little when my phone started ringing out of the blue. I half expected to see my dad’s private number flashing on the screen and was already thinking about whether to reject the call or accept it. My worries were proved useless when I saw Minseok’s name instead.

“Hey, it’s been a while since we talked. How are you?” I asked him politely.

“I’m doing good. I hope you are well too.” Minseok replied hastily. “I want to talk to you about something important. Is it a good time?” he asked urgently.

“Umm, yes I guess.” I replied carefully and stole a glance at Baekhyun, who had one of his hands propped on the window sill and had his thumb rubbing absent ly on his lips while the other hand was slung over the wheel lazily.

“So, remember I told you a couple of weeks ago about finding a new place for you to stay?” Minseok asked briskly. I hummed in response.

“I found the perfect place for you to stay. It’s quite inconspicuous.” He said gleefully. “It might take some time for you to get used to the environment, but its the best place for you to stay low profile.”

I had no idea what to say to that. Even I though I knew in the back of mind that this day would be coming soon, I never expected it to happen this sooner.  Yes, I hated Baekhyun with all my heart, but that was ages ago. Now, he is a friend and a great support for me, a person I have learned to trust and depend on. Just the thought leaving him and staying  somewhere else sounded uninviting  and downright painful.  Who will have my back from now on?

“I will text you the address. Why don’t you go and check the place out today if you have time?” Minseok suggested, bringing me back from my thoughts.

“Yeah.” I replied with a sinking feeling in my stomach.

I got a text from Minseok as soon as he cut the call.

“Was that Minseok?” Baekhyun asked absently

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter