Returning the Favour

Can't Help Falling In Love With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s already been a month since I started staying with Baekhyun and surprisingly, my life has become as normal as I could have ever wished for. No one bothered me in school anymore and I happily spent most of the time in school with Jackson and Mark without the fear of being cornered by mean girls anywhere. I was also catching up with my academic works and before long I was up to date with everyone else in my class. The cherry on top was Baekhyun himself. Even though he acted like a sassy jerk the day we first met, he himself proved time and again that he was anything but sassy. He made it a routine to cook for both of us ever since that day I cut myself with the chopping knife. He also came and picked me up from school whenever he finished work early. Even though he still likes ordering me around and bickering with me, we both know that it is nothing serious and even though we were not yet friends, I was more than sure that our relationship was heading that way.  Minseok is still busy with his duties but he still manages to visit me once every week. He sometimes stays overnight, but most of the time the precinct calls him back for urgent issues to be quickly dealt with. My parents call me every other day and call lasts only for a few minutes though, since my dad is as careful as ever and insists that there might be a possibility that our call might get tapped.  I also kept a healthy stock of hair dye and carefully dyed my hair regularly.

“Here.” Baekhyun said casually as he threw something towards me. I caught it in mid air out of pure reflex with one hand, while the other was covering my mouth which is currently open because of my yawning. I had just woken up and it was already ten in the morning. I slept in a bit since it was a Saturday. I looked down at the thing I was holding: it was a key.

“Why do you want me to have a key?” I asked him, noticing the fact that he was already dressed up in suit, looking ready for work.

“It’s not for you, idiot.” He said, not even bothering to look at me as he fastened his watch over his wrist. “Someone is moving in upstairs and they most probably would be coming today. Our landlord is out of town and he wanted me to handover the condo’s key to whoever is moving in myself. Since something urgent came up at the company, I have to go now. Give them the key in my stead.”

“Okay.” I managed to say over another huge yawn and slouched my way towards the kitchen counter where my breakfast was already waiting for me. Baekhyun left soon afterwards with a quite ‘See you in the evening’. Once I was done with my breakfast, I quickly washed my plate and went to my room to get my books. I had a load of work to finish and I wanted to start it as soon as possible. I got completely immersed in my work that I was oblivious to the doorbell buzzing. It took two more buzzes to bring my nose out of my book. I quickly stood up from the floor where I had spread my books and clumsily walked over towards the door. I opened the door and  found my breath getting caught in my throat. Standing before me was a handsome guy to an excruciating degree. He had a tall and lean frame. He was wearing a light blue v neck knit shirt which snugly fit him, subtly showing off his well toned torso. He had paired it off with off-white skinfit trousers . His tanned skin was flawless and it lightly glowed as I swept my eyes over it. The most attractive thing about him was his eyes. They were hypnotic and were slightly covered by his rose gold hair which was styled in a carefully careless manner. His full lips were now tugging at the corners, lighting up his entire face with a beautiful smile.

“Hey.” He greeted me in a melodic yet husky voice.

“Hi.” I tried really hard not to blush or stutter. He looked expectantly at me and I looked back at him blankly. Soon the silence became awkward.

“How can I help you?” I asked him softly when the silence became extremely heavy.

“Um, I was asked to collect my key from here. I didn’t get the floor wrong , I guess.” He chuckled as he looked at our door number to make sure that he was at the right floor.

“You are the one moving in!” I blurted out loudly. When I realized what I had done, I clasped my hands over my mouth quickly and my eyes widened at my embarrassment.

“yes, I am. I’m Kim Jongin. But I prefer being called Kai.” He introduced himself as he extended his arm towards me.

“I’m Jung JiYeon.” I said as I quickly extend my hand for the hand shake. His hand was rough but was warm and comforting at the same time. We just stood there staring at eachother for sometime and then I remembered with a start about why he was here in the first place.

“Just a minute. I will get your key.” I said as I hurried back inside towards the kitchen table, where I had placed the key while I was having breakfast. I handed over the key to him as soon as I came back and he accepted it with a warm smile gracing his face.

“Thanks, JiYeon. See you around.” He smiled one last time before turning around and moving away from me.

I went back to my work as soon as he left. I took a short nap after lunch and did a little bit of cleaning after waking up. I looked up when I heard the pass code being entered, signalling Baekhyun’s return from work.

Baekhyun briefly enquired as to whether anyone came to collect the key or not and left it at that. He took a shower soon afterwards and both of us moved to the kitchen, him cooking while I was sitting on the island talking to him as he stir fried the noodles. Baekhyun turned to look at the door with furrowed eyebrows when the door bell rang. He was obviously not expecting any visitors at this time of the night. For as long as I have stayed here, Baekhyun has had no visiotrs except for Chanyeol, who is Baekhyun’s best friend slash PA. I really liked Chanyeol and absolutely loved spending time with him. But because of his work that demanded a lot of responsibility he visits us only once in a while.

“Must be Chanyeol.” I said excitedly as I jumped down from the island and ran with a little bounce in my steps.

“He didn’t tell me he would be visiting today though.” Baekhyun muttered to himself.

I yanked the door open and stopped in my tracks when I realized that it was Kai. He has changed into comfortable clothes and was standing over the threshold with a sheepish grin on his face.

“I at cooking.” He admitted rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. “and I’m hungry.” He declared and his stomach growled as though it was supporting his statement.

“Come in, we were just about to have dinner.” I laughed as I motioned him to come in.

“Is it Chanyeol?” Baekhyun enquired as he turned around to face us. His eyes widened when they fell on the person behind me.

“Jonginnie?” He asked, disbelief etched all over his face. Baekhyun knows Kai? Now, this is getting really weird.

“Baek Hyung!” Kai exclaimed , mirroring Baekhyun’s expression and everything happened in a blur. Kai ran forwards and enveloped Baekhyun in to a bear hug, squeezing the life out of him.

“Can’t…..breathe…” Baekhyun wheezed pathetically as he patted Kai’s back frantically, signalling him to loosen the hold.

“How have you been?” Kai asked , his eyes sparkling.

“I’m doing good. But tell me what you are doing here first?” Baekhyun enquired as he motioned Kai to take a seat in a chair and proceeded to set the table for dinner.

“You are aware that I’m graduating this year right?” When Baekhyun nodded, Kai continued. “My dad thinks that I’m not responsible and mature enough to take over the company yet. He kicked me out of the house and bought me the condo and asked me to live here and fend for myself until he says so.” Kai huffed, with a cute pout on his face. “I thought I would die of loneliness but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter