Helped

Can't Help Falling In Love With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I found it hard to sleep that night since the images of those girls bullying me flashed through my mind whenever I tried to relax. Moreover, I was dreading going to school next day, because one way or other they would definitely find a way to torment me again. The best solution would be to end my blooming friendship with Jackson and Mark. Ouch! That hurts. They are the only people I know in this country apart from Minseok and Baekhyun and ofcourse they were my only friends since, Baekhyun is definitely not a friend and well Minseok is more like a guardian. Walking along school corridors without my friends beside me would be extremely lonely and I didn’t want to think about it either. I groaned as I sat up from my bed and I could tell already that it’s going to be a long long night. I slowly crept to the hallway and found it dark, except for the faint moonlight streaming through the window. I flopped on to the couch and turned the tv on and lowered the volume so that it wouldn’t wake Baekhyun up. I could already imagine the look of disapproval on his face if he wakes up and finds me here in the middle of the night watching tv.

“ off.” I groaned when someone prodded me on the shoulder.

“Language.” The all so familiar husky voice reminded me and I opened my eyes  with a start and looked around. It was already morning. Looming over me was Baekhyun looking ready for work. I immediately turned towards the TV remembering that I fell asleep without even bothering to turn it off, but it was already turned off. Yeah, well that was to be expected. He must have turned it off in the morning. I avoided looking at Baekhyun directly since I was more than sure that he would tell me off for letting the TV on for the duration of the night.

“Get ready. You are already late.” Was all he said as he made his way towards the kitchen. My eyes widened. What? He didn’t scold me? I really have to record this moment down. As I stood up and stretched I felt a fabric falling off me. I looked down and saw that it was a blanket. Now, wait a minute. This is really weird. I distinctly remember not using a blanket last night. Doesn’t that mean that it was Baekhyun who got me the blanket. I felt heat rushing to my cheeks. Damn, I am getting all flustered. I neatly folded the fabric and left it on the couch and went to get ready for school. I felt helpless as the fear once again washed over me. the urge to ditch classes was so strong. But what’s the point of ditching in the first place? They are going to come for me day after tomorrow if not today. They will call me a coward if I don’t turn up today. Yeah, I should not let them bother me and  affect my studies. I should go to school no matter what.

Baekhyun was already seated on the table with two plates of bacon on it. His plate was untouched and it looked like he was waiting for me to have breakfast together. All of his actions these days are contradicting what he had said during our first breakfast together. Why is he acting all nice towards me? Maybe it’s pity. Pity that I was literally a loner here. Pity that I was being bullied on a regular basis at school. Great! I sighed as I sat opposite to him.

“I will drop you off at school today.” He offered as we entered the elevator together. I stared at him with disbelieving eyes.

“why are you so concerned? This is not like you.” I sounded rude even to myself. Baekhyun just shrugged.

“I don’t have any schedule for this morning so I’m free until after lunch.”

“You talk like as though you own  a big company or something.” I scoffed, crossing my arms defensively. Baekhyun chuckled with a look of amusement on his face.

“What?” I snapped.

“Nothing?” He said with the same look of amusement gracing his face.

I decided to accept the offer since I was running late already and will no way be able to make it to school before the first hour. The familiar scent of rich leather entered my being as I sat on the passenger seat. Weirdly, it helped me calm down. we didn’t talk at all during the ride except for the time when he wanted me to buckle myself in. The silence was not awkward but instead was strangely comfortable. I heard Baekhyun humming to himself from time to time. Even though he was off tune most of the time, his voice sounded really good.

“Stop here.” I said as we neared the school. I didn’t want him to drive me into the campus. It would only attract a lot of attention. It would definitely go against my need for staying low profile. Baekhyun raised his eyebrows questioningly at me but stopped the car without asking me questions. I quickly got out and shut the door behind me.

“Thank you.” I said and hurriedly went through the school gates blending quickly into the ongoing mass of students.

I decided on a whim that it would be better to go in through the back entrance and quickly moved towards the back of the school building. It was seldom used by students and was used by janitors to dump garbage outside. I sighed in relief as I found the place deserted and opened the door and quietly entered the building.

“Look who we have here girls.” The horribly fami

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter