New Friends

Can't Help Falling In Love With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I shifted uncomfortably under Baekhyun’s piercing gaze.

“I’ll get going now…” I trailed off, moving sideways away from him. He kept glaring at me until I was out of sight. I shut the door to my room as soon as I got inside and took a couple of deep breaths. I’ve never felt this nervous in my life, not even when my homeroom teacher back in the States caught me once trying to kiss a random guy in the school corridor for a dare.

“Ignore him..Ignore him..” I chanted to myself as I got inside the bathroom. I locked the doors to both the bedrooms carefully and double checked them before starting the shower. After blow drying my hair, I looked around for my uniform which Minseok dropped here for me this morning when he had come down to sort things out between me and Baekhyun. I snorted when I observed my school uniform. The white shirt and navy blue blazer looked alright compared to the skirt, which looked too short to be allowed. I wore my uniform and   took my bag and headed out only to see Baekhyun already dressed and sitting at the table, having breakfast. He was wearing a black Armani Suit. His red hair was neatly side parted, making him look classy and refined. I simply started at him. How can a guy looking like an arrogant brat turn into something like this in a matter of few hours? He looked up when he heard my door being opened.

“Hey, Kid, come here.” He motioned with his hand carelessly at me.

Something snapped inside me. There he goes again! calling me a kid!!

“I’m not a kid.” I said loudly. “I’m seventeen, way past the age to be called  a kid.” I said for what felt like the umpteenth time.

Baekhyun looked at me with an amused expression on his face and didn’t say anything. I huffed and went to sit opposite him. there already was a plate there neatly stacked with toasted bread and a bowl of jam near it. Before I could take one from the plate, it got snatched away from me. I blinked a couple of times.

“Give it back.” I grumbled at Baekhyun, noticing that he had the plate in his hands, obviously not wanting to share the food with me.

“There are certain rules that you have to follow when you are staying here in this house.” He said looking at me, keeping the plate out of reach. I ignored him completely and reached over again.

“Listen to me first. Then you can eat.”

“Who are you to order me around?” I asked him rudely. It’s true that I’m staying at his place. But that doesn’t give him any right to order me.

“Is this how you talk to people who are older than you?” Baekhyun asked with a snort. I stared at him at a lack of proper response.

“You make your own food and I make mine. We never share.” He continued when I remained silent. “I’m a person who prefers everything to be orderly and clean, so, If I find one object in this house out of place, I’ll kick you out and since you will be staying here for free for the duration of your stay, you can make yourself useful by taking up the household chores.” He finished and checked his watch.

“It’s time for me to leave for work.” He stood up and mercilessly dumped the remaining toasted bread in to the dustbin.

“I hate having left over food in the house.” He smirked as my stomach rumbled pitifully. There goes my breakfast.

“Oh and one more thing, Kid, I’m twenty five, which means I’m older than you by eight years. So I deserve to be treated with respect. If you don’t mind your language under this roof, you will be again kicked out. Have a great time at school.” He fastened his coat around his shoulders and closed the door behind him, leaving me alone inside the house. I couldn’t believe that I will be stuck with this head for a month. He is the complete opposite of what I am. I already knew that only one of us would be alive by the end of this month. I still found it hard to believe that he is already twenty five. He definitely looked like a high school senior. I would happily get shot again , rather than staying in this house for another month.

I went out of the condo, locking the door behind me. My eyes fell on a group of girls  wearing the same uniform, walking ahead of me and sighed in relief. I had almost called Minseok to ask him to drop me off at school. I silently followed them keeping a safe distance between us. It looked like as though the school was not at a walkable distance as I had expected.  I boarded the same bus as them. We got off after a half an hour ride. I took a deep breath as I looked around me. The wide school gates were open and the place was already teeming with students. It was loud and noisy as I navigated carefully between them. No one paid me much attention, to which I was immensely grateful. I went into the building, where I was directed to meet my homeroom teacher, who could be found at the teacher’s room. My homeroom teacher is a short plump woman in her fourties. Her dimples showed whenever she smiled. She greeted me warmly and I bowed politely at her.

“So, Ms.Jung, here is the timetable that you have to follow.” She said handing me the timetable card as she led me to my classroom. My heart was pounding with nervousness at the prospect of meeting a whole new class of people. The class had already started and the male teacher who was inside the classroom, smiled at my home room teacher as she made her way in, with me closely following behind her.

“Everybody, this is Jung Juyeon. She will be with us for the rest of the highschool year. I hope you all will treat her well and help her settle down.” she said smiling around. “Where should I make you sit?” she mused as she looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter