Be Still My Heart

Kyuwook Drabble Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sungmin’s teasing words linger in his ear much like the blush that lingers on his face.

“Off to see your favorite patient again?”

Despite Ryeowook’s best efforts to convince himself that he is just being a good doctor and monitoring his patient’s comfort, he knows deep down this isn’t a work matter.  Still, he takes a moment to smooth his appearance and school his face into a professional smile before knocking politely at the open door.  He pauses a moment before stepping inside.

“Good afternoon, Kyuhyun-sshi.  How are you feeling today?”

The man on the bed glances over and Ryeowook feels his knees wobble slightly at the wry grin the attractive man sends his way.

“I’m good, doc.  How are you feeling?”

Ryeowook scoffs as he approaches the hospital bed, quickly picking up the man’s chart so he has something to do with his hands.  He moves his eyes over the papers, not really reading them as he gently scolds,

“You should be focusing on your own recovery, Kyuhyun-sshi.”

Kyuhyun raises his hands in mock surrender, and Ryeowook can’t stop the small smile that flits across his lips.

“It seems like you are doing much better.  We should be able to discharge you soon.” Ryeowook offers the good news happily, ignoring the dull disappointment that rises in his chest.

A strange look passes over Kyuhyun’s face before he breaks into a relieved grin.

“You’re sure?  You’re sure the transplant w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter