괜찮아, 난 (I'm Okay)

To Bbyu Or Not To Bbyu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjae let out a weak smile at the sight of Joy. As Joy saw the state Sungjae was in, she tried to rush towards him, but she couldn't get to him, because there was a crowd of fans and reporters between them. At that moment, the reporters began to recognize who Joy was, as they smothered her with questions, shoving their camera at her face. Fans also surrounded her, some asking for photos and autographs while some haters shouted insults at her. With no protection whatsoever, Joy was swallowed by them, and quickly disappears into the sea of people.

The commotion worsened Sungjae's headache. The loud noises of screaming and shouting pierced through his ears. His vision blurred and he squeezed his eyes shut. As he opened them again, he frantically scanned through the crowd to look for Joy, he finally spotted her, in the middle of the crowd, being pushed with cameras shoved towards her, and a hater even approaching her and pulling her hair.

Anger boiled within Sungjae. Using the last bit of his energy, he released himself from his hyung's grip and threw himself into the crowd. He stumbled past the people as he struggled to balance on his feet. Despite the throbbing pain in his head, he continued to advance deep into the crowd, and finally reached Joy. While trying to catch his breath, he swung the hater's hand away from Joy and blocked the cameras. 

 

Joy: Oppa...?

Sungjae: Soo... Sooyoung-ah...

 

Sungjae held Joy close to him and shielded her from the other people. 

 

Sungjae: Are you okay...?

Joy: Yea... I'm okay

Sungjae: *Weakly* That's good then...

 

With that, Sungjae collapsed, falling into Joy's arms. Joy frantically shook him, trying to wake him up. At the sight of this, the hyungs also dashed over, blocking the cameras and helping Sungjae up. 

 

Changsub: Sungjae-ah, Yook Sungjae!! Wake up!!

Eunkwang: We need to get him to a hospital, now

Hyunsik: Get him on my back

 

Hyunsik crouched down and piggybacked Sungjae as he ran towards the hospital. The others followed close behind, while the reporters also trailed behind them, carrying their cameras with them. 

Soon, they arrived at the hospital, finally getting some privacy as they wheeled Sungjae into the emergency room. The others waited outside as the doctor treated Sungjae. 

 

Joy: What happened... Why was oppa like this...? 

Changsub: Should we tell her...?

Eunkwang: She's bound to find out anyways... Maybe when it comes from her, Sungjae will actually listen

 

They told Joy everything, about how Sungjae stayed up all night, about how Sungjae didn't eat or sleep, about how Sungjae just kept on reporting comments, about how Sungjae felt useless for being unable to protect her, about how they forced Sungjae to rest, and about how the found him very sick on the floor. Tears filled Joy's eyes. 

 

Joy: I can't believe he did that... It's all because of me... He was that sick but yet he still threw himself into the crowd to save me just now...

Eunkwang: That idiot wouldn't listen to us no matter how much we tried to get him to stop

Changsub: What are we gonna do about that lovesick fool...

Hyunsik: Nothing, I mean, yea he's a fool, but that's one of his charms, isn't it...?

Joy: Yea, sure he does stupid things sometimes, but that's what makes him charming... 

 

Just then, the doctor came out.

 

Eunkwang: Doctor, how is he doing?

Doctor: He's fine now, his condition has stabilized and all he needs now is some rest

Hyunsik: Thank you so much doctor

Joy: Can we go in and see him...?

Doctor: Yes you may, but may

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter