A Momentary Goodbye

To Bbyu Or Not To Bbyu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a long talk at the Han Gang River, Changsub brought Sungjae to a nearby karaoke place. Inside, Minhyuk and Peniel was already waiting for them. 

 

Sungjae: What is this hyung... Why are we at a karaoke place all of a sudden?

Peniel: Take a guess

Sungjae: To practice my singing...?

Minhyuk: Wrong, since you're so bad at expressing your feelings and letting out your sadness, we decided this is the place to help you do that, the healing power of songs are definitely underrated

 

Minhyuk then went ahead and chose a song - "인형 (Doll)". It was a duet that Minhyuk and Sungjae sang together a long time ago for "I Will Be Your Melody". Knowing how fitting the lyrics must be for how Sungjae is feeling right now, Minhyuk took the lead and began singing. As soon as Sungjae joined in to sing, he became emotional as the lyrics matched his feelings perfectly. His voice became shaky and tears started to form in his eyes. He sang his heart out, showing his tears in front of his hyungs for the first time ever.

 

"인형 (Doll)" (English Translation Lyrics)

Hearing the sound of the morning come, I finally fall asleep


As always you spent the day forgetting me
. How can you be okay with it so easily?

It was hard for me because I couldnt understand
 why you left me, the one who never changed


Just like this we’ll slowly forget each other, saying “I love you” would be useless

I’m sorry, I was a selfish person, 
I tried to keep you by my side just because I loved you

That’s right, I was forgetting something more important. If I love you, you should always be happy.

I’ll miss you, I can't do anything about that, but I won’t give you hard time.


For awhile I’ll cry aching my heart and search for you, but don't mind me
, it’ll only last for a while

It’s okay, I’ll be here like this. I can stand my self without you


I love you, this will never change for even a moment

Even if your place is empty I will live loving you

I’ll miss you, I can’t do anything about that, but I won’t give you hard time.


For awhile I’ll cry aching my heart and search for you, but don’t mind me, it'll only last for a while

That’s right, I’m being a fool, but I’ll protect our past memories by myself.

For awhile I’ll cry aching my heart and search for you, but don’t mind me


It’ll only be a momentary goodbye...

 

Seeing their adorable maknae break down into tears, they all went over and gave him a big warm hug. Sungjae leaned onto Peniel's shoulder and kept crying until he started getting hiccups. He calmed down after Minhyuk went to get him a cup of water. He then went on to sing a number of songs, releasing all his pent up feelings at once. 

 

Sungjae: *Sings BTOB's "울면안돼 (The Winter's Tale)"* I'm sorry, I still love you, but now I'll let go of you...

*Sings BTOB's "Insane (Acoustic Version)"* Know this, I don't need you in my life. Know this, I can live a better life. Know this, without you, I'm good, I'm good. I thought we had it all, but I guess I was wrong, I wanna forget about you...

Sungjae: Thanks hyungs, this was really helpful, I feel so much better now after singing all the words that I couldn't bring myself to say... 

Minhyuk: Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter