Chapter 2- Let the Virus Go

Outcast Son

Virus is currently 205 years old, that's 25 in human years. He has the typical appearance of a 25-year-old Korean male.  He's fairly tall and tanned with black hair that seems to fall perfectly over his forehead, just inches away from falling in front of his dark eyes.
The only thing not typical of him of course, are his wings. Well, the stumps where his wings used to be. What were once gorgeous masses of black feathers, are now burnt off little nubs that barely stick out of his back. 
At first, they would just pluck each individual feather from them, but one day the demons had enough and burnt them off of his back, wanting the other to look more like 'the human scum he really is'. Apparently, he's not even good enough to hold on to any part of his demonic self. But maybe that's a good thing?

Today, Virus has been left alone. For the first time in a few years, he wasn't awoken by the sound of his cell door opening preceded by an electric shock flowing through his metal chains. 

The male has sunk down against the wall, sighing softly as he stares across at the bland brick wall opposite him. If he isn't being tortured, he has no company. It's a boring time, but he would rather be alone than be in a state of non-stop pain.

"Where is everyone--" Virus mumbles to himself, shaking his head as he does so. He tends to talk to himself a lot, well he might as well. "-- did they finally get bored of me? That would be a miracle now, wouldn't it?" After this question he kicks at the ground beneath him, a low groan soon leaving as pain rips through him.

He is in constant pain, each little movement sending a new shock wave of pain through his weak body. He is too thin, ribcage practically piercing his skin. He rarely receives food, just water and a single slice of bread every day. Normal demons live off of the energy of other's, but since he isn't normal he can live off of human food too. How lucky is he?

Virus wants nothing more than to be free. He wants to go and explore Earth, but fat chance of that happening. He has never met a nice demon, and it this rate he never will.
The hybrid may as well start praying to God, maybe some sort of angel will float down and save him.

==============================================

"Hey wake up--"

At some point during his lonely hours, Virus had drifted back off into the land of sleep. He is one of the only demons who need sleep . . . again . . . because of the human thing.

"Virus. Oi, Virus!"

He is woken by an unfamiliar voice and opens his eyes to the sight of an unfamiliar being.

"Oh good, you are alive. You know I got worried for a moment then--" The blonde haired male laughs softly at this, a soft kind smile soon forming on his lips. 
This is all so strange for Virus, he is used to seeing the grim smirks of his tortures, not a kind smile.

"Are you the angel that I prayed for?!" He suddenly blurts out before bowing his head, a sigh leaving him due to the embarrassing outburst, "Sorry no forget that . . . who are you?"

Instead of mocking the demon, the stranger smiles but he goes on to shake his head before saying, "I'm not an angel. I'm a demon but . . . not quite in some ways--"
They both fall silent for a moment before the blonde says, "I'm Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun."

Baekhyun may as well be an angel. He sure looks like one. He is a small boy with soft, perfect features. His hair is slightly longer that Kai's, his locks actually falling in front of his eyes, to the point where he keeps running his fingers through his hair to fix it every couple of minutes.
His eyes are soft and full of compassion, definitely not like any demon he has met before. 

At the nice introduction, Virus raises his head again a small smile pulling at his chapped, raw lips. "Baekhyun? Ah, it's nice to meet you . . . why are you being so nice to me? Shouldn't you be cutting me by now?"

"Cutting you? Why would I . . . no no I'm not like the rest. I'm here to help you. I guess in some ways you could consider me to be the angel that you asked for~!"
Baekhyun says this in a very chirpy way, smiling bright enough to light up the whole room. 

"You're here to help?" These words leave Virus in utter disbelief, eyes wide and twinkling with a sense of new found hope. He has never experienced this emotion before. He is so used to being scared, terrified even. But today, today it's all about to change!

"Yes. Hell may not need you but there are people up on Earth who deserve you! They really do! You don't need to be down here, you deserve to be free like any other human!
Besides . . . there's a person on Earth who I think could really help you."

 

A/N:

The second chapter is out!
I hope you enjoyed it.

Question - Who do you think the human on Earth is~?
I'm so glad I got to introduce Baekhyun first, honestly, I love him so much.