Chapter 3 - You Need Freedom

Outcast Son

Besides . . . there's a person on Earth who I think could really help you."  

Virus just sits there for a moment in a state of stunned silence. This is all happening so fast. He has fantasised about escaping many times, in fact, it is pretty much a daily occurrence. He found that a way to distract from the pain was to fantasises about being free, it rarely worked but at least it was something nicer to focus on than the burning of his own flesh.
However, he never thought this is the way things would pan out.
How interesting.

"Someone on Earth who could help me? That can't be true . . . humans won't want me! Not on their planet. You're lying to me--"

The shorter male shakes his head as he sits down in front of the dark-haired male, a gentle, reassuring smile on his lips, 
"Come on Virus, believe me, please. Anyway . . . this person isn't human. He's half demon just like you!"

Another hybrid? That can't be possible! He is rumoured to be the only one of his kind, no other demon has been crazy enough to fall for or sleep around with a human, especially not after what happened to Virus.

"Half demon? No no you must be wr--"

"Stop trying to deny everything I am telling you! I know you are used to nothing but bad news but please trust me when I tell you these things! I am the only person down here willing to help you, so please just give me a chance! Virus, I don't want to listen to your screams of agony anymore!"

Finally, Virus lets his guard down, now listening to everything the other male has to say. He may as well try to listen and understand if this really is a way out. 
Anyway, what has he got to lose?!

"Okay okay . . . so how does this work? How do you plan on getting me out of here. You probably don't have keys."

As soon as he finishes his utterance, the small male holds up a set of golden keys, a smug grin now displayed. Virus' eyes widen in shock, he really wasn't expecting the male to produce those out of his pocket.

"But how did you get those?"

"You really don't know? Virus I have been the guard of your cell for the last ten years. I would have done something sooner, but today is the only day you have been left alone since I started. It's a rare day for you. So I can finally do this. I've wanted to free you ever since they stuck me down here."

With another smile, he reaches towards the male's cuffs, sticking the correct key into the rusted lock before he turns it. A satisfying click rings out through the room before the chains fall away from his body. Virus' hands crash down to his side, arms dead from being held up for too long.
Now he smiles, looking down at his newly freed arms.

"You're amazing."
Satan's son whispers this, still in utter disbelief. "I'll never be able to repay you for this, you know that right?"

Baekhyun giggles softly at the male's reaction, just loving the fact that he is able to help such a broken soul, "Hey, I'm not doing this for some sort of reward from you in return. I'm just doing this because I know it is the right thing to do, you deserve to have freedom! Just as much as everything else. Who you are shouldn't stop that."

After a few moments of letting the blood rush back through his arms, Virus stands up the other male doing the same thing. At first, he stumbles, due to the fact he has been sat down for weeks, as a result, the smaller puts his hands on the other's shoulders, stabilising him. The last thing he wants to see is the younger male fall flat on his face.

"I'm scared of leaving." Virus suddenly blurts out, taking even himself by surprise. Why does he have a bad habit of saying things that should just be kept as thoughts!?

"It's okay to be scared, it's a normal human thing! And that's what you can be up there! A human. They'll treat you like one up there, I promise! And you'll learn so many things, you won't even stick out as being anything but human! The person I will take you to knows everything there is to blending in as a human, he will help you more than even I will."

Baekhyun takes a hold of Virus' small wrists, gently leading him towards the door of his cell. Virus follows along as if he is an obedient puppy, eyes as wide as one too. He knows nothing after this point, all he has known for two centuries is the inside of his cell. This is all too strange for him. He feels as if his head is going to explode from the whole experience.

"Where are you taking me?"
He asks his saviour, looking around at the high ceilings as they both walk down the long corridor situated outside of all of the cells.

"A door. It looks like any normal door but it's really a gateway between here and Earth. I'm the only one who knows about it, I helped to create it a few years back."


"You helped to create that?! But how?!"


Once again, Baekhyun starts to laugh at the younger male's reaction. All of his reactions are so raw and unfiltered that they have a very comedic effect. 

"I used to be good friends with a very clever man called Kim Namjoon. He could do anything that he set his mind to . . . even if he did tend to break most things that he was working on.
He was an outcast like you, hidden away in a dark part of Hell where no one ever thought of looking for him. He thought he was safe. But he wanted to leave, he hated it down here."

Baekhyun begins to explain but he is suddenly cut off by Virus saying, 
"But there must be another way to get to Earth! I mean, Satan must have had a way to get to my Mother!"

"Well, yes there used to be. But after you were discovered and brought back down here they destroyed the gateway, ensuring that no other 'mistakes' could be made. No demon has been allowed back on to Earth since. So Namjoon set about making another one, wanting to keep it a secret. He wanted to take me with him, and we would both escape and start living on Earth."

Baekhyun's voice starts to quiver, emotions suddenly bubbling up inside of the other male. Emotions that a normal demon would not have. There really is something different about him.
Virus takes not of this and looks over at him with sympathetic eyes, in return the smaller shakes his head as if to say that it's alright.

"But ten years ago they found him. We were in his basement putting the final pieces into the mechanisms of the gate when the guards burst in. We managed to hide the pieces for the gate before they found us.

They killed him on the spot . . . and then doomed me to stay down here with you forever."

By now he is fighting back tears, not wanting to make a scene in front of the other male. 
"But it's okay because that has all led us to today! And today you will get what you most deserve!"

". . . My freedom?"

"Yes Virus, your freedom!"

 

A/N

Please don't think that me writing Namjoon as a dead character means that I hate him, I love him so much! I just like adding in sad backstories to most of my characters because we all know that could lead to some nice angst later on!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thank you for reading - [KAI]