Chapter 5- Welcome Back to Earth

Outcast Son

Virus can't really recall what happened, all he remembers is falling into a never-ending blue light. He doesn't even remember Baekhyun pushing him. Did Baekhyun even push him or did he just fall? Guess he'll never find out.

With a groan, Virus starts to wake up. Eyes slowly opening and squinting due to the harsh light that he can only guess is called daylight. His body aches all over, and not the usual sort of sharp pains he gains after torturing, these aches are dull barely there but just enough for it to become uncomfortable. Eventually, the male sits up, eyes wide as he tries to take in his surroundings.

"Where am I?" He knows the basic answer. Of course, he knows that he has ended up on Earth but where on Earth is beyond him. By the looks of it, he has landed in some sort of back alley, trash cans overflowing with rubbish line the narrow alleyway, making Virus wrinkle his nose as the stench that they cause. 

"Baekhyun you could have at least made this a bit easier for me." Virus looks down as he says this as if directing it towards the male who is still trapped down below. It takes him a few moments but eventually Virus grabs onto some piping connected to a brick wall and pulls himself up. His whole body is screaming for him to give up, too weak to really do this on his own. But what is he meant to do? Just sit here in the hopes that the boy he is looking for will appear by chance? No. He must get up.

As he concentrates on his surroundings more, he realises he can hear a bustle of traffic up ahead, not that he really knows what that is, all he knows is that he can hear a noise and he's going to go for it.
With one hand gliding across the wall to give him some sort of stabilisation, Virus walks down the narrow alley. He's trying to tell himself that he isn't at all scared, but he knows that in doing this he is just lying to himself. Of course, he is scared, but so would anyone be if they had woken up in a strange place. 

Ten minutes pass before Virus emerges from the back alley, now faced with his first look at a busy street. Cars of all different models and colours speed along the road's surface, people walking on either side of these roads each one going to a different destination.

It is now that Virus realises how out of place he is. He's clad in just white, dirty and ripped shorts and a black shirt that's equally as torn. He wears no shoes and the cold is attacking every inch of his skin. Of course, he had to choose the coldest time of the year to escape.
As he stares out onto the busy road, his mind wanders to focus on other things. Like the cold puffs of air that leave his lips, leaving wisps of white in their wake. It's the small things like that, that Virus finds entertainment in. 

Of course, the humans stare at the strange dirty boy staring out onto the street, but none stop to help. Why would they? For all, they know he could be riddled with countless diseases or could just want him for his money. But Virus doesn't mind, as far as he knows he doesn't deserve any help, so he can do this on his own. At least he thinks he can. 

--------------------

Two hours later and Virus has ended up in the heart of the city, feet now raw and bleeding from having walked such a long way without the appropriate attire. 
Everyone here is so different. Different races and heights. Different ages and es. Different interests and different places to be.
And this is something Virus finds so interesting. Everyone is free and able to do their own things in life. Choosing their own path and their own destinations. 
Will this be something he will be able to do now that he has been granted the freedom that he has been craving for so long? He can only hope.

By now, he thought he would have found the boy. Baekhyun made it sound so interesting, but so far there has been no sight of him. No one is talking about him at least. He thought models were meant to be famous, doesn't that mean everyone should be talking about you all of the time?!

With a heavy sigh, Virus sits himself down on one of many benches. He has ended up outside of a shopping complex, shivering from the cold that continues to bite at his skin and make his cheeks red. 

"Do Kyungsoo where are you?" Starting to speak to himself, Virus sighs again. He is frustrated with himself more than anything. He doesn't want to mess this up. His first chance to do something right, he can't just mess it all up!

"It shouldn't be this hard to find you!" He suddenly shouts, many eyes landing on him in the process. He shrinks away from the hard stares, wanting to sink back into the world where he seemed invisible to everyone.

"You know," A male starts to speak as he takes the empty space next to Virus, turning to him with a smile that is too kind to be shown towards the demon, "Shouting at the thin air isn't going to do anything to help you find Do Kyungsoo."

Virus' eyes go wide as he turns to him, surprised that anyone would want to pay him attention. All of these people are busy, they don't need to be bothered with him!

 

"Oh yes, I know . . . sorry I've probably distracted you from something."

"Me? Oh, trust me I wasn't going anywhere important. My friend and I were just heading back home. We went shopping, you know?"

This male sure is chatty. Maybe he likes to make friends with random people on the street? Virus can only hope.

"Shopping? Sorry I don't know what that is." The first strange thing that Virus has heard of, shopping!

"Wait you don't know what shopping is? It's when you buy clothes, you know?"
At this point, the other male takes a moment to take in what the other is wearing, eyes showing sympathy as he knows the other must be frozen. After all, the shopping male is wrapped up warm in multiple layers.


"No, I'm new to Earth. I haven't been here for many years!"
Maybe this is something that he shouldn't have said, after all, people will start to think that he is insane if he goes around tell everyone that he hasn't been to Earth in many years. It is not normal, but he doesn't know that. How could he know?!

"You what?" But instead of being scared of, this male finds himself become more intrigued with the other. He wants to know more about him and why he is speaking in these ways. He has always had a habit of becoming way too involved with people that he shouldn't, but he just has a kind heart. 

"Why don't you come with my friend and me? We can help you to warm up, you must be freezing."

The male stands up and waits for him to follow. But Virus is frozen to his seat. People aren't meant to be nice to him! Is this what true humans are like? Are they all kind-hearted and willing to help anyone that they find? That would be amazing in Virus' eyes. And too good to be true. 

"I don't want to be a bother."

"Don't be silly it's no bother! But, you'll have to tell me your name before I let you into our apartment."
Virus now stands up, tilting his head to one side before nodding, 

"My name's Virus."

"Virus? Interesting. My name's Park Chanyeol."
Virus swears that his smile could light up any room, it may be even brighter than Baekhyun's and that's a hard thing to achieve, 
"My friend over there is Zhang Yixing. Trust me he'll love you, he loves meeting new people."

Trust. He keeps hearing that word, is that something he is going to be hearing a lot from now on?

------------
It's now the evening and Virus finds himself wrapped up in blankets and sitting on a sofa. Earlier he was lucky enough to have his first experience with a shower. It was so hot and refreshing. Too hot and refreshing in fact, he ended up spending an hour in there. In the end, Chanyeol had to drag him out. It's not his falt that the shower was his idea of heaven!

He has learnt that Chanyeol works behind a bar and Yixing works as a singer for the bar Chanyeol works in, both jobs they had to explain to the male but he soon managed to understand what they meant. 
They are both too nice to him, way too nice for a human.

At this point in time, Chanyeol sits next to him whilst Yixing sits opposite him, both waiting for the male to start talking. He did promise them on the way here that he would explain everything.

"You two aren't going to believe anything I say."
He breaks the silence that had formed between them, a small, worried smile now forming on his lips. he doesn't want to scare the nice males away, he wants to keep them by his side so that he isn't alone like he was earlier!

 

"Virus, I am sure whatever you say we have both heard before." Yixing's voice is gentle and calming, no wonder he is a singer. Virus decides that he has a voice of an angel. He reminds him a lot of Baekhyun but with a thicker accent that he can't quite make out what it is.

"I've been trapped down in Hell for the last two hundred years. I'm Satan's half human son."

And silence. Stunned silence.
Both males sit there in shock, eyebrows furrowed as they don't know what to say. How do you respond to that?

 

A/N:
I needed to include both Chanyeol and Yixing asap, little balls of happiness.
Do you think they'll take well to Virus' explanation, or just deem him as insane and kick him back out onto the streets?

I do love leaving things on cliffhangers

Thank you for reading and until next time - [KAI]