Chapter 4 - Gateway

Outcast Son

"Yes Virus, your freedom!"

The words ring around in Virus' mind as he tries to process them. In a way, he can't believe what he is hearing and maybe he never will. Freedom is something that he has been denied of for so many years, so many that even the concept seems unreal to him. Does he even deserve this? He has done nothing to be granted this sort of freedom, but saying that he didn't do anything that meant he should lose it either, he was simply born.

Virus scuffs his feet along the cobbled walkway, his footing a bit on the unstable side as he is still getting used to the whole 'walking without being dragged around by a chain' thing. To anyone else he would look like a toddler who has only just learnt how to walk, this just makes him think of himself as even more pathetic. He is still surprised at the fact that no one has come looking for him yet. But Baekhyun did mention something a few moments prior to these thoughts, about Satan holding some sort of meeting about the future of Hell. It was mandatory that everyone attends. Maybe Satan was asking for this if he was stupid enough to not think of anyone going against him and helping Virus. 

"You still don't believe that this is happening?"
Baekhyun speaks up, breaking the silence that had formed and dragging Virus out of his thoughts. It's as if the other male can read Virus' mind, or maybe he is just bad at concealing how he really feels.

"Did you really think I would? Nothing good has ever happened to me, for all I know you may be taking me to a secret torture room that the other demons have been preparing for me!"
But he doesn't believe that words that are leaving his mouth. He could tell by the way Baekhyun's emotions took a hold of him earlier, that the male is telling the truth. It's just that his mind is stubborn and won't believe that anything good is happening to him until he sees the cold, hard reality of it all right in front of him. 

Baekhyun tuts, shaking his head in a light-hearted way before he comes to a stop in front of an old, oak door. He's now looking through his keys again, shaking his head at the ones that won't fit the lock, 

"I can understand why you don't believe me. Afterall I am a strange man who has appeared with promises of a better life, other people would call me insane."

A pleased sound leaves the smaller male as he finds the right key, slotting it into the lock before twisting it. The lock soon pops opening, allowing the two males to enter. 
Baekhyun pulls the tanned male inside, a smile soon gracing his lips as they enter a dark, musty room. It looks much like a study, but a hell of a lot messier. 

Papers and books are scattered all over the place, the old tool or piece of wood laying amongst them. It is a mess, and how anyone would be able to work in an environment like this is beyond Virus.

"What is this place? A study?"
Virus questions this as, of course, he has never seen a study before he just knows what the basic concept of one is. He picked up a lot of knowledge from the other demons in his two hundred years of imprisonment, more than the others are aware of. If they knew the true knowledge that he is hiding, they would surely freak out. He doesn't know the definitions to a lot of words that he has picked up, and often uses them in the wrong context, but at least he knows of their existence!

"Yes . . . . well, I guess it is more of a workshop really. This is where Namjoon and I used to work until, you know."
He trails off, obviously not wanting to go through that whole experience again, even if it is just memories. 

Baekhyun now wanders away from Virus' side, going over to the opposite wall of the small study. On that wall, hangs a moth-bitten purple cloth, one that Baek is soon pulling down. This results in a doorway being revealed. It is more elaborate that it needs to be. Virus is quick to guess that this is the gate mentioned before. 

"Before you say anything, yes I know it is a bit fancy but Namjoon liked to make his work look spectacular." There is a mocking tone to the male's voice as if reciting something Namjoon used to say to him a long time ago. 

"This is the gate right?"

"Correct." With a hum, the supernatural being presses against a panel next to the doorway. Soon the structure is projecting a bright blue light, one that causes Virus to squint and cover his eyes. 

"Why did he have to make it so bright?!" His own question is directed more at himself than anything else, a small laugh soon following. The sound of his own laughter is something that shocks him, he can't remember the last time he was able to laugh, and due to something that he has said none the less. This day really is full of surprises.

"You have a nice, unique laugh you know that right? Promise me that you will laugh for the people of Earth, I am sure they will love it." Now walking back over to the other, Baekhyun smiles once again. This boy never seems to stop smiling. Why is he so happy? Is it because he will finally get to leave hell? Or maybe he is just naturally happy.

"I promise to laugh more once you take me to whoever you're taking me to."

Silence then follows, Baekhyun now looking up at the male with a certain sadness showing in his eyes. He simply shakes his head as he guides the much taller male over to the gateway.

"Why are you looking at me like that . . . are you not coming with me?!"

Panic is soon to rise throughout the other male, limbs ceasing up and refusing to take another step towards the portal. He can't go into a new, strange world on his own! This isn't how it was meant to work. The whole way here, he was imaging the scene of him and Baekhyun arriving on Earth. Him and Baekhyun, the male that he could call his first friend!

"I can't come with you." Mumbled Baekhyun, now looking back up at the other to look out for his reaction. "I have to stay down here, at least for now. If we both leave at once it will be too easy to track us down. You will be harder to track than I am, after all, you are only half demon."

The promising words are used on purpose by Baekhyun as he tries to make the other think that they will meet again. Afterall, the male may refuse to leave if he will never see Baekhyun again.
Virus stands there for a moment before shaking his head, 

"You hinted earlier to the fact that you are not fully demon. I don't think you are, you are too nice to be fully demonic, so that means you can come with me now, right?!"
Now the taller is just grasping at metaphorical straws, desperately wanting the other to come with him so that he is not alone. He has never been truly alone, he doesn't know if he will be able to handle it. And how will he be able to help this other half demon, when he doesn't know what he looks like?!

"I'm . . . Virus I'm not a demon, I'm an angel."

Those words should surprise Virus, but in a way they are comforting. Would anyone really be surprised to find out that the nice supernatural being helping him really isn't from hell at all?

"Then why are you here? How are you here?!"

"I used to be the guardian angel of the boy I want you to find. I failed in my duties to protect him and so I was cast out of heaven. Then on Earth, I made friends with the boy that I was protecting all along, only to find out that he needed the help of an expert. 

I had heard rumours of you and so I committed the ultimate sin, I then killed my 'human' self and ended up down here."

He pauses for a moment just to gauge Virus' reaction, but he just nods for him to go on too interested in what he has to say, 

"Once I was down here, things just went from bad to worse. I didn't know how to get to you as I was a lower class 'demon' so they would never let me come down here. That's when I met Namjoon. He talked me into giving up on finding you and just returning to Earth with him, so that's what I focused on.

In the end, I guess he helped me in my mission of getting to you."

He smiles as he had only just thought of that, finally finding comfort in the reason why he met Namjoon in the first place all of that time ago. 

"So long story short, I was the angel of a boy and now that boy needs you so here I am!"

Virus is finally content enough to trust the other. He should trust an angel after all.
"Okay, as long as we meet again I will go and help this boy for you. You don't have to stay down here forever, I believe we will meet again."

Both males smile at this, nodding to confirm the facts. 

"You'll do amazing things up on Earth, I just know it."
Baekhyun then places his small hands on the other's back, before pushing him so that he stands right in front of the gateway, that you could consider to be more of a portal than anything else.

"Where will I end up once I go through this?"
Virus questions as he looks at the swirling blue light, finding that it is very easy to stare at and get lost in, even if it does blind you in the process.

"You'll end up in a place called South Korea. That's where you were born so you will pick up on the language quickly. I've heard you speak Korean a few times since I have been down here."
Baekhyun decides to test the other by speaking his last utterance in the other's native language, 

"Oh really?" And to no surprise, Virus answers back in said language, furrowing his brows at the strange noises that leave his mouth.

"There we go!" So he continues to use that language, deciding that Virus needs to get used to it at least a bit before he is cast off to Earth.

"The boy you are looking for is in a city called Seoul, that's where you should end up. He will be easy to find, hopefully. He is the son of a very successful man. Just ask anyone you meet about the Do family and how to find them, and you should get to them in no time. In fact, that boy is a model! His face and name will be plastered on pretty much every billboard in Seoul."

With a nod of his head, and a gulp loud enough to be heard from pretty much a mile away, Virus goes on to say, 
"The Do family? Right. Hey, what's the boy's name?"

Baekhyun has his hands placed on the other male's shoulders, humming softly before he smiles and replies with, 

"His name is Do Kyungsoo. Just look for a small boy with the biggest eyes you've ever seen.
You'll do amazing things Virus, I just know it."

"Do Kyungsoo? Thank--"
But Virus doesn't get to finish his words of thanks. The small male is soon pushing against his back. Due to how weak and unstable Virus is, the male manages to push him forward with ease.

The next thing Virus knows he's falling into a bright blue void.