TEEN AGE 08 - ONE DARK ROOM

SR. 002 - TEEN AGE

Seulgi became very talkative and friendly lately, though I'll admit that she's very friendly and bold since the first day I met her but she became more and more friendly. She's every members of the dance club's friend. Whenever I'll asked where she is, almost everybody of the club knows. She also hangout with us if we got the same lunch break. She made Jisoo, Jennie, Sooyoung and Rosé comfortable with her in just a day. But whenever we talked about Ms. Ahn, will shut. Then, no one dares to ask about the teacher because she'll give us a do-not-dare-to-ask-me vibe or her famous excuse, "I forgot I have something to do." Since that night, Seulgi became very sensitive everytime Ms. Ahn's name mention. I'm worried about her but I'm also curious about their past.

 

"I have to go." I tapped Jisoo's shoulder. I immediately left the office after our meeting. 

 

Seulgi and I divided some tasks as being girlfriends. One of those is fetching one another. She'll fetch me every Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and the rest of the day are my schedules, except for weekends. 

 

"Did you see Seulgi?" I asked a group of friends inside the gym but they shook their head. "Alright, thank you." I said before closing the door. "Where is she?" I whispered to myself. I check her rooms but all of them are empty already. Our classes ended at 4 but she have to attend the dance practices, that's why I checked the gym first. 

 

"Irene!" Jisoo said on the other line when I answered her call. "Where are you?" 

 

"I'm on 4th floor." I said on the other line. "Why?"

 

"Do you have time?" She said. "I needed some help." 

 

I hesitate to answer her question because as I promise to Seulgi, I may not be a clingy girlfriend but I'll do this job perfectly. Fetching her so far is not difficult, except today because she's nowhere to be found. 

 

"I don't know. I have to do something first." I said but I did my best not to sound like I hate going there. 

 

"I swear, this is quick." 

 

I just sighed. I don't know where to find Seulgi and I have nothing to do at the moment. "Okay," I said silently. I might hate the idea of going there but I'm still an officer. I still have to do my duties, one of those is help an officer whenever she needs assistance.

 

"Alright!" She said cheerfully on the other line. "I'm at the office." Then she hang up.

 

Seulgi might not be the strict kind of person but what I observed from the days when I'm with her is she really hates people who are late, and this might be the first day to hear Seulgi's scold. 

 

I knocked on the door twice. "Come in!" I heard Jisoo said from inside.

 

"What is it?" I said, walking towards Jisoo. I saw her cutting some sheets of paper on the table. "Is it about cutting?" I said, get some of the papers and was about to cut them when she stop me.

 

"No. I can handle this." She took the paper from my hand. "I want you to go to 5th floor. Jennie and Sooyoung are waiting for you there." She said. She took my bag as well. "You can leave it here." She leaned her attention back to the papers and never look at me even before I left the office again. I felt something scary based on Jisoo's movements. 

 

I went to 5th floor just like what Jisoo told me to do. And as Jisoo said, Jennie and Sooyoung was really there, in front of a classroom, waiting for me, but they're wearing unusual outfits.

 

"What are you guys up to?" I asked, frowning. They are wearing a waitress kind of outfit with red velvet ribbons around their necks, sitting on chairs next to each other. 

 

They didn't answer my question but instead, "Welcome to revelove restaurant!" They greeted in unison while opening the door together. I don't know if I heard it right but the word was something like revelove. 

 

I took a step backward to see their faces clearly. "You guys are okay, right?" I said. They nodded at the same time. I look what is inside the room but all I saw is darkness. "There's no ghost there, right?" I asked but they just nodded again. "Okay," I said silently. 

 

I took a step forward and darkness welcomed me. They closed the door. Now, I can see nothing. Except a light in far corner of the room. Someone's sitting there but I can't see the face clearly. 

 

Though I'll admit that I'm definitely scared, the light from afar gives me a little strength. So, I walked towards it. As I took step after step, the person's face gets clearer and clearer until I was standing next to the table with a candlelight in the middle of it. 

 

"Is this your idea?" I asked her but she just smiled. She signal me to take a sit which was in the opposite side of her. I seated on it. There were nothing but us sitting on opposite sides and a table with a candle that gave us the light inside this dark room accompanied by the moon light from the window. "Why are you doing this?" I asked again, expecting her to not answer my question but she speak this time. 

 

"Why?" She said. "Am I not allowed to do this?" 

 

"Is not our 30th day yet," I said silently, looking around me. 

 

"So what?" She said calmly. "I just wanted to do this and I can't wait for our 30th day to do this date." 

 

I looked back to the door. "Did they know already?" I asked, pointing at the door. Not particularly at the door but the two girls beyond the door. 

 

"Yeah, but not because of me." She said. "It was because of you. They told me that you were too obvious and too anxious when you started dating me. They asked me for confirmation and I said yes. Should I open the radio?" She asked. I look at her blankly because I don't have an idea that she have a radio here. "Should I, Joohyun?" She asked again and I just nodded my head. 

 

The 'Night Rather Than Day' by EXID played.

 

The little smoothing music surrounded the room. "I like that song by the way." I said silently. 

 

"Ohh, I guess we have the same taste in music." She said. 

 

I covered my face using my hands. "Oh no," I whispered, suddenly remembered what we were talking earlier.

 

"Why? You don't like it?" She asked. 

 

"Not the song but this whole idea. They will teased me after this." I said, slowly taking of my hands off my face. 

 

She laughed silently. "I know and I love teasing you. You look cute." 

 

"Stop saying such things," I was about to continue my sentence when she said something that made my words died inside my mouth. 

 

"Why? Did you heart beats fast?" She said with a smirked on her face. I was taken aback and didn't get a chance to answer her question. "I'm still not happy. Do you know why?" She asked and I just shook my head. "As long as your heart won't beat for me, I'm not happy." 

 

My eyes gone wide cause by shock from Seulgi's words. 

 

"I'll do my best to make your heart call for me." And then she laughed silently. Her words were serious but her face told me they weren't. Like she ain't serious the whole time. But somehow, I felt love from her words. They weren't the usual sentences that I usually hear but it was fluttering. 

 

"Still there, Joohyun?" She clicked her fingers in front of me that made me go back to earth. 

 

"Ye-yeah," I said silently when I completely collected myself. 

 

"Can you do me a favor?" She said. 

 

"Sure. What?" 

 

"Can you clap your hands twice?" 

 

"Why?" 

 

"Favor is a thing you're approved of doing without further questions." She said, grinning. 

 

I almost punched her in the face but I made myself stop from doing it. "I was just asking why."

 

"I just asked you earlier too if you can do me a favor and you said sure." She said, proving that she won the battle. As expected, I can never win in an argument with the person who's in front of me, who resembled a bear. "Do it, please." She said, begging. Slowly brushing her hands together, like she's praying.

 

"Okay," and I clapped my hands twice as what Seulgi asked me to do. 

 

All of a sudden, the door opens and the two ladies who welcome me earlier walk towards our table. 

 

"Here is the menu," Jennie said with a poker face while giving her menu folder to me. 

 

"Just clap your hands twice like you did earlier to call us in case you already decided your orders." Sooyoung instructed us while giving her menu folder to Seulgi. 

 

"Thanks girls." Seulgi said silently. She blinked her eye to them. Then, the girls just silently left the room and closed the door. 

 

"Wow. I didn't expect this preparation of yours." I said that made Seulgi chuckled. "How did you make them say yes about this?" My question does not necessarily need an answer.

 

"What do you expect from a Kang Seulgi?" She said. I didn't answer her as I take a look at the list of the menu that made me laugh all of a sudden. "What?" Seulgi asked blindly. 

 

"Your food names are so funny." I said between laughs. "Bae-ke lasagna. Mango Joo-ice. Banana Joo-ice. Fruit Seul-gurt. What are these?" 

 

She laughed as well. And just then, I just noticed, it is so nice to hear her laugh. "I made it on purpose to make fun."

 

"It's really funny, Kang Seulgi. I'll give you that." I said honestly. She made quite a lot of effort for this date, huh?

 

"Thank you," she said. "Why don't you clap your hands already and give them your orders?" She leaned her back to the head of the chair. "What's yours will mine as well." 

 

"Okay," 

 

I clapped my hands and the two ladies come in. "I will really ask you tomorrow how you planned all of these." I said to Jennie and Sooyoung, who are still wearing their poker faces. "Two Bae-ke lasagna and two mango joo-ice." 

 

"You order will be deliver 5 minutes after. Thank you." was all they said before leaving the room. 

 

When it was just both of us again, I speak to Seulgi when I still had a chance. "Thank you." I said quietly. She looked at me with seriousness on her face. "Really Seulgi, thank you." I smiled. I really meant it.

 

"Oww..." she looked around her anxiously. 

 

"What?" I asked almost immediately. The look on her face made me nervous too. 

 

"Did you hear it?" She said, scared.

 

"Hear what?" 

 

She put her hand to her chest. "My heartbeat. It beats so fast and so loud." 

 

My hands suddenly shivered from her joke. The hairs on my nape suddenly rise. I immediately take the glass of water and drink it. I don't want her to see my smile that I cannot control from showing up after she said those words. 

 

"Isn't it funny?" She asked in a while. I'm still drinking the water. "I bet it isn't." She said quietly to herself. Honestly, from the very first day that I met her, her boldness since then never fail to strike me to the bone that always makes me shivered.

 

When I was about to answer her, the two ladies just came in. "Here is you Bae-ke lasagna and Mango Joo-ice." Jennie said while serving us the food." 

 

"Thank you ladies." I said cheerfully. Though the food sounds cheesy, it looks delicious. "I cannot wait to taste this." I said silently then I just took a spoonful of lasagna. I feel like my endorphines are rising cause by happiness after I tasted it. "Why is this so delicious?" I asked Seulgi when it was both of us again, alone.

 

"What do you expect from---"

 

"Kang Seulgi?" I cut her off. I already know what's next so I decided to say it. "You're the best!" I put my thumbs up in front of her. She showed her smile that tells me she's satisfied. "I really love cheesy food and this one is of the best."

 

"My pleasure, Joohyun." She said silently. "Take your time." She took a bite from the food that made her nod her head. "I already know why you reacted like that." 

 

"Told you." I said. 

 

"Yeah, I know. Just take your time, okay?" She said. 

 

"Yes, I will Kang Seulgi." I said sarcastically. Then, we laughed together silently. "Chew your food, okay?" She demanded. I just nodded.

 

One thing that made me realize tonight is it is not necessary to date a man or to have a boyfriend to make you happy, girls can do it too whether it's your friend or your girlfriend. 

 

But what I hate about doing this is why I'm still doubtful about dating Seulgi? She is cheerful, lovable, sweet and friendly. There is nothing wrong with her. There is nothing negative about her. Except, the thing that I felt back then when she met Ms. Ahn, that I always feel whenever I'm with her and Ms. Ahn's name mentioned. Her face will change. She will suddenly look so serious and silent. 

 

When she left the office that night, when I came to follow her, when she asked me if I'll ask her about her and Ms. Ahn, she totally look like a different person compared to the person in front of me tonight, who is happily eating her food. She's like two souls in one body... and that made me scared and doubtful.

 

She never bring up the topic after that night. My curiosity can make me go crazy sometimes while thinking about it.

 

"You okay?" She asked suddenly.

 

I nod my head and smiled. "I prefer eating my Bae-ke lasagna peacefully." I said sarcastically.

 

"Okay," she said silently. She continued eating her food. 

 

All I hope is whatever is her history with Ms. Ahn, whatever's behind the mystery she's giving me, can't make me stop liking her. I might not be the perfect person for her but she deserved to be loved at least, and to make her smile is the best that I can do... at the moment.