TEEN AGE 32 - THE TRUTH

SR. 002 - TEEN AGE

Irene 


I am sitting beside her, her who's still lying on the bed, unconcious. 

"Seulgi," was all I could said that turns to be a whisper after sitting here for almost four hours. I reach out for her hand and squeeze it. "If you can hear me, squeeze my hand." My request turns to be a demand because of how desperate I am to know she's alive. I know she is because she's breathing, but I want to know more than that.

But she didn't move. A tear fell from my eyes again. 

"Fool." I whispered. "Why do you have to do that? Look what have you got!" I lowered my head when the tears starting to flow again. "I'm so-sorry." I facepalmed myself when I started sobbing. "I'm so sorry. If I only hold unto you tight that night, you won't be lying here. If I only didn't share the half truth of my past, you won't be unconcious." I reach for her again, but this time, I cup her face which I wanted to look back at me in the eyes. "Please... wake up." 

Coma.

I dive my face to her chest and with my unending sobs. 

"Don't blame yourself too much, Irene." 

I almost jumped when I heard a voice. I thought we were alone in this room. I raised my head and saw Hani standing at the door, closing it. I immediately wash my tears away. 

She sighed.

"She must have a reason why she did that." Hani walked closer to the bed and seated at the edge of it. "I saw her at the Choi's Corporation." She said in a monotone that made me raised my head again and immediately look at her with confusion on my face. "I said something that I shouldn't have. It's all my fault." She continued. 

"What were you doing at the Choi's building?" I asked. 

She looked at me with this guilty expression. "I'm working there as a part time." 

"What job?"

"I'm his secretary." 

I walked towards her and cupped her face. Checking her all over with narrowed eyes. "What did he do? Did he do something? Something stupid?" Those words just came out from my mouth faster than I imagine. I'm panicking. I don't want her to experience what I had experience. "Did he try to you? No!" I shook my head. "Did he you?" 

Hani was looking at me with confusion. When I realized I was overreacting about that matter, I took off my hands of her but she stop me by holding it tight. Now, her eyes were darting at me with madness. I suddenly got scared. She became a lion ready to eat me. "Tell me," her voice was full of authorities. "Did he you?" 

I don't know how it started but in just a matter of seconds, like a snap, I was shaking badly. My body is shaking insanely. 

"Irene?" 

Before I fall to the ground, Hani was fast to catch me with her arms. 

"Hey, you alright?" 

I opened my eyes and I was struggling to stand on my own because the place was shaking all around. 

This is the worst

"Hold my arm tight." Hani suggested while I feel her arms helping and guiding me how to stand like I'm a kindergarten girl. She also help me to sit on the chair beside the bed. "I will call a nurse to help you." 

Before she totally left me, I stopped her by her arm. "Don't" I requested but sounds like a command. "I will be okay in a minute." 

The place was still shaking upside down but I saw Hani kneeled in front of me while brightly brushing her thumb to my hands. "You sure, Irene?"

I nod. 

"I don't really think you are feeling alright." 

"I'm really fine, Hani. I will be." I said like it was almost a whisper. 

Hani nodded because she doesn't have any choice. She doesn't want to disagree with me and that's when I realized that she and Seulgi are really sisters because they do share the that kind of attitude. 

I slowly gain the normalcy I am asking from the Gods above, that my trauma will leave me as soon as possible. 

"I saw Siwon here." Hani said. 

"Good news run so fast." I groan. I hated that man. 

"What?" She raised her eyebrows, asking me to repeat what I just said. 

"I said..." I massaged my temple. "I'm okay now." 

She nod. 

"Hani,"

I said when she also spoke at the same time. "Irene,"

"Go on then," I offered. But she shake her head in protest. 

"You go first." I going to protest it but I decided to do what she wished. 

"Okay." I inhaled. "I'm sorry if I didn't tell you earlier as possible that I am in a relationship with your sister." I raised my head to look at her. "And I'm sorry if I was stuck frozen when she collapsed." I already felt the tears beside my eyes. The shakiness of my body is creeping up. "I was shocked!" I half whispered half screamed. "It was my first time seeing her like that. Lifeless. Full of blood. My heart was breaking when I see her fragile figure. I couldn't even breathe properly." I was cut by Hani when she suddenly shoot up from kneeling the floor. "What?" I asked. 

Her head was down. "Was it serious?" She said quietly. 

"Serious, what?" I asked, raising my eyebrows, calcuting her words. 

"Your feelings for her," she said. She looked at me in the eye. "Your feelings towards each other. Was it serious?" 

I smiled blindly, then chuckled. "Of course, Hani." I said, stood up from the chair. "I just told you that we are in a relationship." 

But she sighed heavily. I can feel that the next words that will come out to is painful. I inhaled deeply. Somehow, deep inside me is preparing for what's about to come. Then, suddenly, Seulgi's words flashed to my mind. 'Whatever you heard, don't leave me behind. Don't let go of me.'

"Irene," she walked towards. "You can't fall in love with her." 

I chuckled. "Why not? Was that sarcastic?" I laughed, but was immediately shut down when Hani serious facial expression wasn't change. "You are scaring me, Hani." 

She nod. "I know. I couldn't accept it too when I found out." 

"What is it? Why can't I love her?"

"Because..." She hold my shoulders tightly while she close her eyes tightly too, unable to say the words. She gently shake her head. 

And when she opened again, when she completely said the entire sentence, I was completely in shock and in awe. She said,

"She's your half sister."