TEEN AGE 03 - UNDER THE ROOF OF A COFFEE SHOP

SR. 002 - TEEN AGE

As I promised, I called Krystal the other day. She asked me why I wanted to meet her but I didn't say my intention. It's better to talk about it in person.

She texted me the name of the meeting place. And now, I'm already inside it. I looked around to search for her. She waved her hand for me to know where she is. I smiled. "Here." she mouthed. Her table is quite far from the entrance door.

I walked towards her. No. Towards them. She's with someone but I couldn't see who's with her because her companion's back is facing at me. But based from her figure, I'm quite sure she's also a student. She has a slender body and long smooth hair. I don't know if it's long and smooth but that is what it is. Surprisingly, her friend didn't look back. 

"Here," she told me to sit beside her when she moved an inch from her original position. "It's your sit." 

I take off my bag from me and seated to the empty seat Krystal offered. "Sorry, I'm late." I said. 

"No, it's okay." She said, smiling at me. "Seulgi, came to rescue. It's not a big deal." 

I nodded. I didn't hear the name Krystal told me because I was putting my bag on the floor, beside my feet. "Thank goodness," I said. 

"Irene, meet Seulgi." Krystal tapped my back. I was a bit taken aback when Krystal mentioned the name of the person that is probably sitting on the opposite seat from mine. "Seulgi, meet Irene." 

I slowly turned my face to the front and was surprised when I saw who was there. It was the girl on the other day at the gym.

"Seulgi," she said and offered her hand for a hand shake. 

I took it and shake it. "Irene," I murmured. We both let go at the same time. She drink her iced coffee. 

Though our hands are already apart, our eyes are still staring at each other. The girl who helped me and Doctor Yoon at the gym on the other day is in front of me. The girl who I wanted to meet once again to say my 'thank you' for helping us is in front of me. And what was her name again? Seulgi? Is she the Seulgi Jisoo told me as the best replacement for Lisa in the dance club? Is her fullname is Kang Seulgi, the famous underground dancer?

"I thought I'm only going to meet the smartest student from your school," she said, never separating her eyes from mine. "I didn't know I'm going to meet the muse too."

Her boldness struck me to my spine. It feels like a jar of cold water poured all over my head. "Someone's bold." I whispered, directed to her.

I took my eyes away from her when Krystal suddenly laughed beside me. "She's really the smartest student in our school, Seulgi." She's said, looking at her.

"Ohh," Seulgi on the other hand, just nodded. "She's beautiful too." she said. 

I don't know where to look now. The girl in front of me intimidates me but I'm pretty sure she doesn't have any idea. Her monolid eyes that keep on staring at me gives me chills but for good. Does she have an idea that she's gorgeous? Her fingers that holding her ice coffee, and the other that is strumming the table, are beautiful too. Seriously, I can't find any flaws from her. Yet.

"You okay?" She asked that brought me back to earth. "You look pale." 

I nodded automatically, not thinking about how I look now. 

"You sure?" She asked once more. I bite my lower lip when I felt it trembled. She looked back at me, to my lips specifically. 

"Why is it so hot in here?" I used my hands to fan my face.

"Irene, you okay?" Krystal asked.

"Yeah, why?" 

"We're inside an air-conditioned place." She said. "It's not hot." 

The words inside of my mouth died. I wanted to continue conversing but I just realized how embarassing my words were. I saw a glimpse of Seulgi's smile when I glanced at her. That made me embarrassed a little more. 

"You know I was joking, right?" I said when my mind finally created an excuse.

"You're cute," Seulgi said queitly, exposing her beaultiful wide smile. "You're cute and innocent." 

I could feel the warmth coming from my neck. Her boldness never fail to give me such reaction. 

"So, Irene," thank goodness Krystal suddenly spoken, that helped me relaxed a little from the weird sensation I felt earlier. "You wanted to tell me something personally. What is it?" 

I was again, taken aback from Krystal's question. I don't know how to begin things now. Now, that the only reason why I wanted to meet her is already in front of me. But I feel that the words pushed down to my stomach and it's hard for me to begin the conversation then follow it up with the planned invitation for the dance group. 

"Ow, about that," I said. I looked at Seulgi, playing the straw   and her plastic cup, staring at me. "I can't find words to start." 

"Someone's dying?" Seulgi asked all of a sudden. 

"No, no, no," I shoke my hands in front of me. "No one's dying. Actually, it's about Lisa." 

"Who's Lisa?" Krystal and Seulgi asked at the same time with furrowed foreheads. 

"The girl who was injured last dance competition held in our school," I said. "Remember her?" 

"Oh, her!" Krystal exclaimed. While Seulgi just nodded. Did she remember me from that time? I wanna know. I thought. "What's with her? What's with Lisa?" 

I cleared my throat. "Unfortunately, Lisa is one of our best dancer in our school. She got injured." I said. Krystal leaned forward. "We need a replacement for her because there will be an upcoming dance competition. And it's school versus school competition." I continued. "We won 1st place for 3 consecutive years now and the school committee wanted to defend our title." 

They didn't answer me after that. Krystal just nodded and drink her coffee while Seulgi acted like she's not interested in my explanation, like she already knew where this conversation is going. 

"Seulgi," I said that made her turned to me with a raised eyebrows for inquiry. 

"Hmm?" She said. 

"Can you replace Lisa?" 

Silence welcomed us. She just stared at me with an empty face for a few seconds when Krystal suddenly laughed. "Ohh, Seulgi," Krystal sounds like she's teasing the girl. "Irene is asking you." The way Krystal smiled is like a code that only them can understand. 

"Do you know that I'm a hard to get kind of girl?" Her tone is serious now. I could feel the hair on my nape standing. Her tone tells me that she need an immediate and a precise answer. 

Krystal suddenly burst out laughing. 

"Ugh, why?" Seulgi sound annoyed. 

"Nothing," Krystal is still laughing, putting her hands to her stomach because of the pressure. "Dont mind me." 

"But your our only hope, Seulgi." I said. 

She nodded while pouting her lips. She tilted her head when her gaze fall to Krystal's eyes, like she's transporting words to the girl beside me through that action. 

Krystal started talking when Seulgi cut her off. "Okay," was all she said. 

"Is that an okay okay that I'm thinking right now?" I asked her because her answer was short and unclear. 

She smirk. "I don't know what was the okay you're thinking about but that was an okay like, okay but in one condition." she said. 

I don't what she's thinking right now. I don't know why she need to ask a condition from me. "What is it?"

All of a sudden, someone's phone is ringing. Seulgi pick something from her pocket, it was her phone. "I think I need to go." She turned off the alarm from her phone. "I don't want to be late for my next class. See you." 

"But what about the thing I asked you?" I said. 

"I'll tell you next time." She didn't wait for our answer when she immediately leave her seat. 

I followed her with my eyes until she was nowhere to be found. 

"How did you know about Seulgi being a famous underground dancer?" Krystal question brought me back to the coffee shop. 

"From Jisoo." I said. "She asked me to do this. And it's improper to talk about this over the phone, right? But I didn't expect to meet her so soon." Krystal just nodded. "Do you have any idea what kind of condition she'll going to ask me?" I continued. 

I can see through Krystal's face that she wanted to share something but she can't. "All I can say is be prepared for it." She smiled sarcastically.

"Ugh, Krystal!" I whined.

"Come on. Let's go." was all she said then pulled me from the arm. That scared me out a little. There is something about Seulgi that Krystal wanted to tell me but she can't. And I don't like these kind of things. These kind of mysterious things because it scared the out of me.

"Wait," 

"What?" Krystal asked and turned to me. 

"What year is she?" 

Krystal just smiled, leaving me in the air. 

"Krystal," I said with annoyance. 

She laughed. "It's better to be surprise." was all she said.

I can't argue with her. She will always give me unclear answers.