TEEN AGE 13 - MISUNDERTOOD

SR. 002 - TEEN AGE

PS. GUYS, IM SO SORRY THAT I DELAYED MY POSTS. I WAS VERY BUSY THESE PAST FEW DAYS AND WILL BE BUSY THE COMING DAYS. I WOUULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING! LOVE YOU A LOT!

 

*** Irene *** 


It's been days since the last time I saw Seulgi. Exactly after the day we talked with Samchon the other day. I didn't even see her shadow. I keep on texting her but she never replied. I keep on calling her but it's either the line was busy or she never answered. 

I searched for Krystal too so I can ask her about Seulgi's whereabouts but she's nowhere to be found as well. I was waiting for both of them in homeroom but they were both absent for two consecutive weeks. 

One night, I decided to visit Krystal's house to checked Seulgi out but she were not there when I visited. Even Krystal was not present, her mother told me. But I'm pretty sure Seulgi lives there because I saw her things everywhere in Krystal's room. 

I also asked Jisoo if she saw Seulgi around the school, she said one time that she saw her at the gym, practicing for the upcoming dance competition. So, I decided to wait for her in the gym the other day. Affirmative, she's there. Practicing hard like there's no tomorrow. But the thing that annoyed me the most was she only look at me once, and never again. When our eyes met, I smiled but she didn't reply, instead she avoided my gaze. I was so mad. Why would she do that to me? But I still waited for her until their practice was over. I immediately ran to their dressing room but like magic, she was not there anymore. I asked her co-dancers and they told me that she go home straight without changing her clothes. I called her a hundred times but she still didn't answer my calls. I waited for her at Krystal's house but she didn't show up. If this avoiding issue that she have right now was because of what I said to my uncle last time, we really need to talk as soon as we can. I did that on purpose but she should know that I didn't mean it. I want her to be secured and I don't her to get involved to my family. It's too dangerous especially that she's a girl.

I put my chin on my hand, looking out from the window, waiting for Ms. Pizarro to come in and announce that we will have a quiz.

"You all right?" Jisoo suddenly asked that made me go back to earth. I turned to her and shook my head. "What's the matter?" She asked. 

I was about to answer Jisoo's question when suddenly, I saw Krystal came in to the room. As the usual, she seated on her chair silently and put her bag on the table. I need to talk to her and asked her where the hell Seulgi is.

I stood up from my chair just to be drag back down again when the person I was looking for showed up in front of me. Yes, we are seat mates in this class.

"Sluggie!" Jisoo greeted cheerfully to her. She turned her head and gave Jisoo her squishiest smile. 

"Jichu," she mouthed. They nodded their heads and she silently seated on her chair. 

"Where the hell have you been?" I whispered. She didn't look at my direction but just doing something else like I don't exist at all, acted like she didn't hear me. "Seulgi?" I asked once again and she still doing the same thing. I grabbed her by the shoulder and turned her to me. "If this is about what I said to my uncle the other day, I didn't mean it." I whispered. I got her attention now.

She looked at me, to my eyes but no words came out from .

"So, are we just gonna stare with each other?" I said. I admit, I'm a little annoyed now. She's playing a very childish game. 

"You can say that," was all she said. 

"Seulgi!" I half-whispered half-screamed. Some of my classmates turned their heads to our direction but go back to what they were doing immediately.

"Let's not talk about that today." She said silently.

"When?" I asked. I need to know. 

"I don't know." 

"Why are you acting like this?" I asked. She turned to me. "Why are avoiding me? Why don't you look me in the eye? Why you're not answering my calls, my texts?" I said silently. I felt a warm liquid from the sides of my eyes  were about to fall.

"Don't cry," she said, quickly glance at me and go back to what she was doing earlier. I don't know but I felt my tears vacuumed back to my eyes. "I don't deserve that." She whispered.

"Oh, come on, Seulgi." I urged, gently shaking my head. I asked her first but she changed the subject. Meaning, she really doesn't want to talk to me.

"Let's not talk about this, okay?" She demanded. 

"Do you know that I'm uncomfortable when we're like this? Like we are playing a childish game?" I whispered. 

"You are?" She said, now looking at me in the eyes. I just realized how much I missed her and her auburn brown eyes. 

"Yes, I am." I said. 

Surprisingly, she took her things and put it inside her bag. Hang her bag to her shoulder and left the room immediately. I wasn't able to say anything because it happened too fast. Krystal looked to my direction. Our eyes met but her face was just blank. Then, she just go back to what she was doing. There's something wrong about them and I wanted to know that. I thought.

"Why did she leave?" Jisoo asked silently. 

I cover my face using my hands. What game is Seulgi playing? I don't understand. I thought. 

I stood from my chair and walked as fast as I can to follow Seulgi.

"Irene, where are you going?" I heard Jisoo asked when I got out from the room. 

I saw Seulgi's back, she turned to the right hallway, perhaps she's planning to go to her favorite place, the tree. 

"Seul---" my words immediately died when I saw his broad shoulders, firm body and his confused face. 

"Irene." He said. He looked to his back but Seulgi was not there already. "Who are you calling?" Siwon asked. 

I was frozen to my position. I can't feel my body anymore. I felt like my soul left my body the moment I saw him again. He didn't change much. He still have his handsome face and flawless body. 

"Irene," he called me again and I immediately go back to the hallway. "You okay?" He was about to hold my face when I quickly dodge it. I, very know, the moment his hand touches me, I will be under his spell again. 

"I'm okay." I said. "Why are you here?" I did my best not to stutter. 

"Your uncle didn't tell you?" Siwon said, shoving his hands to his pockets. 

I saw Krystal got out from the room. Siwon's and her eyes met and they stare at each other for quite a long time. 

Krystal was the one who separated her gaze first and walked away from us. She turned to the hallway where Seulgi went. I wanted to follow her but I don't know why I'm frozen here.

"Is this Ms. Pizarro's class?" He asked. I looked at him and nodded my head. "Is this your class?" He asked and I still did the same. "We're classmates." He said cheerfully. He suddenly hold my arm and pulled me back to the room. "Where's your sit?" He asked. I swear, all my classmates' head turned to us when we entered the room and I probably know why. First, why the hell is there a guy in a all-girls university? Second, why is he so handsome? 

Jisoo looked at me, to Siwon, and back at me again. I just looked at her blankly. Honestly, I don't really know what to do or what to say.

"Is this your chair?" Siwon asked while pointing to a table that isn't mine. 

"Nope." I said. 

"Here?" He asked again while pointing to the table next to the one he asked earlier. 

"Nope." 

"Here?"

"Nope." 

"Here?" He said. I wasn't able to answer him because he was pointing to Seulgi's chair. And that reminded me that I still had someone to follow and to talk with. He smiled widely. He thought that was my chair. Put his things on the her table and seated nicely to her chair. I know, there are so many things to think with but my mind was only focusing to the hand on my arm right now.

"Excuse me?" Jennie suddenly tapped Siwon's shoulder. Siwon turned to see her. "That seat is already taken." She said sternly. Jisoo and I were shocked because of Jennie's action. I don't know if she have an idea that the guy she was talking with is my ex, the guy we talked about the other day, the guy who stole my heart.

"Oh, really?" Siwon asked. "Where is she? I wanted to exchange seats with her." 

"That isn't allowed mister." Jennie said. I saw Siwon's eyes gone big. "If you want to exchange with her, go ask the principal about it." Jennie smiled fakely, I mean sarcastically. I signal Jisoo to help me stop Jennie from blabbing but it was a little too late when Siwon stood up and inhaled heavily. 

"Do you know who I am?" Siwon asked with a sarcastic grin. 

"Nope, I'm not and I'm not interested." Jennie said. Jisoo and I were taken aback. Jisoo secretly pulled Jennie back to her seat but Jisoo can't move her, even an inch. 

"Woah!" Siwon burst into laughing. He can't believe what Jennie said. He was about to talk but Jennie immediately cut him off when she spoke again. 

"If you're going to lecture me about your life, I already told you that I'm not interested mister. So, go find another chair." Jennie said seriously. She stood there with charisma and her words were demanding and strong. "If you still wanna mess up with what I said, you'll probably the most jerk person on earth." 

My jaw dropped. Jisoo's and Siwon's jaw dropped too. Jennie surprised us with her action. 

I felt the hand separated from my arm. Siwon got his bag and put it in his shoulder. He looked at Jennie, trying to scared her using his eyes but Jennie stared at him too. They were like measuring each other's strength. 

"There's an empty chair at the back." Jennie suddenly spoken, not separating her eyes from him. "You're free to use it." She said. 

Siwon exhaled heavily but he still followed what Jennie told him. They both separated their gaze at the same time.

Jennie looked at me like she was mad about something, something that I don't know, while she was sitting back to her chair.

"Why did you do that?" Jisoo whispered to her. 

She turned to her and say, "That chair is already taken, Jisoo. I just told him the truth. Besides, I loved to stare at Seulgi's back than some other girl's first love's back." Jennie said. She emphasized the words 'some other girl's first love's back. I know what she meant there but I choose not to answer her when I suddenly remembered Seulgi. 

I left the room once again and walked to the place Seulgi might be. I turned to a hallway connected to her favorite place and there she is.

"Seul---" I didn't finish my sentence when I saw Seulgi having a hard time in walking. Her other hand was holding her stomach while the other is at the wall, likely supporting her from walking. Her face is full of sweats. I know, I'm pretty sure, she's having a hard time in breathing too. 

I was about to walk towards her when Krystal suddenly showed up. I decided to hide.

"I told you to rest, Seulgi." Krystal said. She's worried. Her face and her tone told me so. "Why are you so stubborn?" 

Seulgi just laughed silently but didn't answer. 

"You should listen to me, Slugg, even just once. Once is enough." Krystal said. "I need you to live longer." 

When I heard the words 'live longer', I felt like my heart suddenly stops beating. Is there something wrong with her? I asked myself. 

Krystal took her arm and put it to her shoulder to support Seulgi from walking. "We need to go home." She said silently. 

Seulgi nodded and silently say, "I'm sorry to disappoint you, Krys."

Krystal didn't do anything more other than saying, "Let's just go home."