0:1

NERVE [BTS AU]

Jimin couldn’t believe this.

 

A few of his ramen noodles slipped out of his mouth as he quickly read over the notification that popped up on his phone. It was if the world was finally wanting to bless him. This just couldn’t. It felt as if his heart was in his throat.

 

This had to be the devil playing tricks on him or something.

 

There, on his phone, showed that his crush for almost three years Min Yoongi has not only liked his picture on facebook. Oh no, his didn’t just stop there. He also sent him a friend request. Here he thought Min Yoongi didn’t care about him, let alone know him. He wanted to scream.

 

Should he accept?

 

Was it a joke?

 

It is his senior year, maybe he wanted to give him tips? Yoongi was older. Maybe he knew him a little. Enough to friend request him.

 

He gasped as his computer suddenly started ringing, his heart slowly calming as he noticed it was just his best friend Taehyung sending him a skype message. Like Yoongi would suddenly call him.

 

He wished.

 

He sighed, messed with his hair a few times before he quickly pushed accept and was instantly greeted with the biggest smile of his best friend. A smile instantly slipped on his face as well.


 

“Hey buddy, you look flustered.” was the first thing Taehyun said, pointing. His eyes widened. “Something happened?!”


 

Jimin rolled his eyes, his hands instantly going to his cheeks. Leave it to Taehyung to notice his face instantly. They have been best friends since middle school. That's a pretty long time, so they could notice the littlest a things about each other. They were able to even finish each other's sentences.

 

They were totally in sync.

 

“N-No,” Jimin whispered, sighing as he looked at Taehyung’s face to see that he didn’t believe anything that came out of his mouth. ‘Fine, Yoongi friended me.”

 

Taehyung was an extra person so he did whatever extra person would do. He screamed.


 

“Seriously Taehyung, seriously?” Jimin said, instantly covering his ears. His best friend laughed, looking like he was blushing himself.


 

“I’m sorry, but seriously Jimin this is a big deal!” Of course, it was. The biggest deal. “He’s in college, how the hell did he like notice you now?”


 

That's what Jimin wanted to know. Jimin never talked to him, let alone know him. Yoongi mostly stayed by himself when we went to Bangtan High. He just walked around with his headphones in and a notebook all the time. The only other people he hung out with was Namjoon, the leader of the rap/poetry club, and Hoseok.

 

Hoseok.

 

It's HOSEOK!” Jimin found himself screaming, grabbing his laptop and pulling it towards his face. “Do you think Hope said anything to him about me liking him. They all still go to the university. Oh my god.”


 

“I am sure Hoseok wouldn’t do that,” Taehyung said, rolling his eyes. “Maybe he figured out you both are friends and checked out your page.”


 

Or it could be that.


 

“I hope it's that,” Jimin whispered. As much as he would like to date Yoongi, he didn’t want Yoongi to know he liked him…..Like that made sense.


 

That didn’t make sense.

 

“What did you call me anyways?” Jimin found himself trying to change the conversation. Suddenly Taehyung is looking like somebody gave him 100 candies. “Dude chill, what is it.”

 

“Have you heard of Nerve? Please tell me you heard of Nerve!” He shouted, bouncing in his chair.


 

“Nerve? Nope, what the hell is that?” Jimin asked, going back to eating his noodles. Leave it to Taehyung to get into something new.


 

Taehyung’s mouth flies open, “Seriously, how out of the media are you?!”


 

“Just tell me what it is Taehyung!”


 

His friend rolls his eyes, “Nothing but the most talked about thing ever. It's coming out in like 2 hours. It's going to be the biggest game of the year.”


 

Jimin raised an eyebrow, “Is that so?”


 

“Yep! You can either pay to watch or be a player and get paid to do some easy tasks around the city. Its like truth or dare but better.” Taehyung’s eyes were dancing, something they did when he was excited.


 

“Who would want to pay to watch people do stupid tasks?” Jimin said, frowning as he eats his last bit of noodles.


 

“They aren’t going to be stupid, Jimin. Are you going to do it? I’m going to play.” Taehyung said, grinning.


 

“Nope, not going to do it. Sounds stupid.” He said, drinking some of his tea.


 

Taehyung let out a loud whine.


 

“Why won’t you play with me!?” Taehyung shouted for like the third time the skype conversation has been going on.

 

“Seriously Taehyung is your parents home I am sure they are going to slap you if you keep screaming,” Jimin replied, but Taehyung didn’t care.


 

“Why do I have such a boring best friend?” Taehyung continues to whine.


 

“Yep, hanging up,” Jimin said grabbing his mouse.


 

“You will play with me Park Jimin!” Was the last thing Taehyung said until Jimin disconnected the call. Jimin sighed and sat back in his computer chair.

 

He wished he had a normal best friend sometimes.