Roommates (Baek Ho)

Nu'est One Shot

CONCEPT: FLUFF

Image result for baek ho fansign 20181208

‘Y/N We’re closing early today. You can go off now’

Y/N: It’s okay. I’ll stay to close up the café.

‘You close up everyday. Take a break.’

Y/N: I don’t want to go home now. I might encounter with my roommate. He works the night shifts.

‘Ah… The one you keep fighting with? What’s his name again?’

Y/N: Baek Ho.

Y/N: Wait what kind of hybrid is he?

Y/N: Argh. Gray Wolf.

‘Ah.. No wonder. How can you live with a wolf hybrid when you’re just a little ragdoll kitten?’

Y/N: As if I have a choice. Rent is expensive. My friend Aron owns the whole building. He charged both of us at a cheap rate. That’s my best bet. If not I’ll be sleeping on the streets.

‘But what got you so worked up about him?’

Y/N: We just can’t be in the same room. We’ll just keep bickering for the smallest things. He crashed all my excitement of having a roommate. Someone that I always hope I could hang out with and talk with until the next morning. But he has to be a completely incapable of being a decent human being. ARGHHH…. Always moving all my stuff to the higher shelf, just because he know I can’t reach them. Always giving me that stupid smirks every time. It’s so annoying!!! And so … how can he be so hot, annoying, cute and cocky at the same time. It’s just gets on my nerves!!

‘Seems like you have a crush on him.’

Y?N: I DO NOT HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM!!!

‘Keep telling yourself that. I’m going off. Have fun closing up.’

 

You take a deep sigh after you co worker exited the café. You slowly clean everything up, putting the sign to closed. Taking your time making sure you got everything done. By the time you locked up the café, it was already half past 11. You curse yourself for not wearing thicker clothes. Your thin hoodie and long pants is not doing any good for you with this cold weather.

You increase the pace of your feet back to your place. Which is around 4 blocks away. But only in a few minutes in of increasing your pace. There was a whistle that made your spine curl and hair stand. You know nothing good is going to happen. Increase your pace as if sprinting. But you could clearing hear the foot steeps behind you increase as well. Trying to ignore the downgrading whistle and constant calling of ‘kitten’ coming for the person behind. You decided to run to the nearest convenient store for safely. Rushing in, you pull up your phone to dial Aron’s number.

 

Y/N: … Come on pick up. Pick up….

 

Your call was sent right to the voice mail. You did know what to do. So, you did something you never think of. You dial Baek Ho’s number. He should be going off to work now. Plus, the pub he is working at, is just a block away. Praying he would pick up because you never call him to text him before. Hell, you don’t even know if he has your number save. Hoping he would pick up before the guy would catch up to you and enter the store.

 

Y/N: Come on.. Please….. I need you….

Baek Ho: Y/N?

Y/N: Baek!! Please come to the convenient store now please. The one just a block away from your work place. Please…. There’s a guy following me.. please..

 

Just then the bell of the convenient store rang. Indicting someone entering, you just hope it’s not –. Yes it’s him. The same guy who was following you. He caught up. . You froze in place not knowing what to do. You hate yourself that you could stand up for yourself and do something about it.  And you hated that you forgotten to wear your bennie today.

 

Y/N: Baek…

Baek Ho: Hold up alright I’m coming.

Y/N: He’s here in the store….

Baek Ho: ! STAY ON THE PHONE YOU HEAR ME. STAY ON THE PHONE WITH ME. I’M RUNNING THERE, DON’T YOU DARE HANG UP. I’M COMING TO YOU OKAY. I’LL BE THERE IN A MINUTE. YOU”LL BE OKAY!!!

 

Your mind is in a mess and you didn’t know what you could do. So, you just pretended to look for drinks to buy. Hoping he would leave you alone. But as you pulled open the fridge, you felt a hand on yours. Making you jump in surprise and pull our hand back as your other hand tightens around the phone.

 

‘Awww… Kitten don’t be scared. I won’t hurt you. You’re so cute. With you’re ears all down.’

 

Backing away from him. You know Baek Ho on the other end of the line could clearly hear what he just said. Cursing and panting all at the same time you know he would be here soon.

 

Baek Ho: !! I’M GOING TO KILL HIM!!!!

 

Backing away form the guy slowly, your eyes dilated not knowing if you should fight or flight. Looking at the guy, he was at least a head taller and twice as big as you. You decided to flight. Turning around, you ran out of the convenient store towards Baek Ho’s workplace. Running as if your life depends on it, you could hear the shouting from him. Running up to catch you, while shouting vulgarities and down grading names.

Running around a corner, your whole body come in contact with another. Making you scream. But that body engulf you, hands tightening around you. Bring you to his chest, hand rubbing your back to calm you down. Whispering on top of your head. It was then the similar smell of mix citrus and mint hits your nose. He always smells a little like lemon and tea tree. Your arms circled around him. As he held you tighter.

 

Baek Ho: It’s okay. It’s me. It’s just me.

 

‘Aww.. Kitten I don’t appreciate the cat and mouse game.’

Baek Ho: BACK OFF!

‘Has kitten found some help?’

 

It was then, your roommate broke off the hug. Pulling you behind him, before matching to the guy. Sending a fist right to his face.

 

Baek Ho: DON’T YOU DARE CALL HER THAT!!! I’M THE ONLY ONE WHO COULD. THAT’S FOR CALLING HER NAMES. THIS IS FOR EVEN DARING TO STALK HER. AND THIS IS FOR MAKING THE LOVE OF MY LIFE, GO THROUGH WHAT EVER YOU JUST PUT HER THROUGH. AND DON’T YOU DARE SHOW YOUR FACE INFRONT OF HER AND ME.

 

Sending 2 more fist right at the guy. Making him fell on the ground. Your roommate made sure he got the warning. Because after that, the guy got up to his feet as fast as he could and ran away from the two of you.

Turning back to you, he took off his outwear. Walking towards you and slinging it on your shoulder for you to wear. Then proceed to zip up his outwear on you, and pulling the hoodie cap up your head. Tugging your wrist, pulling you towards the direction of your home. Mid way, his hand slides down to your hand, interlacing both of yours together. Only letting go when both of you are at your door step.

-

*2 Weeks Later*

 

Aron: When are you going to stop avoiding her?

Baek Ho: As long as I can…

Aron: It’s stupid. It’s has already been 2 weeks since the incident happen.

Baek Ho: Exactly, it’s has only been 2 weeks.

Aron: Why exactly are you avoiding her?

Baek Ho: After what I said of cause I had to…

Aron: Just because of your sudden love confession when you punch the guy?

Baek Ho: It wasn’t a love confession!!

Aron: Ya you’re right, I’m sorry. It was you screaming out your love proposer.

Baek Ho: You’re not helping!!

Aron: Than go and talk to her like man! You can’t possibility keep living in my apartment!!

Baek Ho: Watch me!

Aron: Dude. I love you but I don’t want you here! Especially when you have been mopping around my apartment for 2 weeks. Just because you wouldn’t dare to listen to her respond or thoughts on what happen that night.

Baek Ho: Nothing happen!

Aron: Exactly, because you being the coward you are, ran here as soon as both of you reach your apartment.

Baek Ho: ….

Aron: Just go back and talk to her would you? What’s the worst that could happen? Only her not liking you back.

Baek Ho: YOU’RE NOT HELPING!!

Aron: Hey, as a friend I’m kicking you out of my apartment. Because you need to man up and talk to her about your feelings and accept her respond. That’s the only way you could get over it. So, get out!

-

Dragging his feet back to his own apartment. He’s thinking about how to go about and talk to you about it. Knowing you’re at work and would only be getting off a just a few hours. He decides he should just take a long shower and think about what to say. Maybe it would help him think straight for once in the past 2 weeks.

But as he opens the door to his apartment, his plan was crashed. Because he was met by the surprise look on your face. Siting on the couch with he tv on, not expecting him at all. But he couldn’t blame you. Closing the door and making his way to the couch where you were. His heart was pounding in his chest. Taking a sit down beside you, he could lift his head off the ground. Taking a huge glob of air. He stops his mind from thinking all the possible outcome how this conversation would turn out.

 

Baek Ho: Hey…

Y/N: Hi..?

Baek Ho: Erm…. Not working today??

Y/N: Called in sick.

 

That made him had the courage to look at you in the eyes. Growing concerned about you.

 

Baek Ho: Oh… You alright?

Y/N: Just a little flu…

Baek Ho: Should have worn thicker clothes. You know you don’t do well with the cold. And you always get sick this time of the year.

Y/N: Guess.. I forgotten about it.

Baek Ho: I’ve only been away for 2 weeks and you got yourself sick. What are you’re going to do with me?

Y/N: I guess I can’t be without you then…

 

That make him pause for awhile, looking at you with his widen eyes. Doubting his hearing as well. While it was you now, who refuse to meet his eyes.

 

Baek Ho: Look… I think we need to talk about what happen that night.

Y/N: But nothing happen..

Baek Ho: I… I know.. I’m sorry…

Y/N: You have nothing to apologise for..

Baek Ho: Just.. Hear me out first alright. I…. … this is harder than I thought…

Y/N: …..

Baek Ho: Sigh… Here goes nothing…. I.. Like you. Like.. like like you Y/N. For a long time actually. I know you should have guess from the sudden confession that day. I know I’m a coward. Running away before you could even think about it and give me an answer. But I’m scared okay.

Y/N: Baek…

Baek Ho: I know it sounds like a joke. How can I be scared, especially when I’m a wolf hybrid and all. But you need to understand that I also have a soft side okay. I may be tough, but I’m so soft for you. It’s hard to act tough infront of the girl of my dreams. Especially when you know she would not reciprocate your feelings.

Y/N: Baek?

Baek Ho: I know I know. You’re never going to like me. Who would? I tease you every day. I get on your nerve whenever I could. I make you angry and annoyed by my presence. But that’s because that’s the only way I know how to make you notice me and actually look at me…. I understand really.

Y/N: Baek.

Baek Ho: I know. You don’t have to tell me. You would never like me like I’ve like you. Could we just forget about everything and move on from now- I

Y/N: KANG BAEK HO!! Could you stop rambling and let me talk for once?!

Baek Ho: Sorry…

Y/N: You know what. I don’t want to. I don’t want to forget what happen that night okay. Because yes, you’re annoying not only that. You’re cocky, arrogant, you get on my nerve. But you’re cute and hot. I’ll admit.

Baek Ho: Wow. That meant a lot coming from you.

Y/N: DON’T! Don’t make me regret saying that. As I was saying, yes, you’re stupid to resort in this kind of ways to get my attention. But you sweet as well. Always nagging at me to wear more layers. Always putting my thing on the top shelf just to laugh at me, then helping me take it down. You have a very weird way of showing your affection. But you have succeeded. Because I like you too.

Baek Ho: WAIT. You like me??

Y/N: If you haven’t been rambling. You would have found out sooner. And if you hadn’t disappeared for the past 2 weeks. You would have known sooner. If I didn’t like you, I wouldn’t have let you hold my hand that day.

Baek Ho: Wow…. Wait so we could have been together 2 weeks ago?

Y/N: Yes. If your stupid didn’t avoid me.

Baek Ho: Wow… I’m dumb…

Y/N: That I agree. But you’re cute in a way as well.

 

Looking at you, both of you burst out laughing. Before he pounds on you from across the couch. Arms tightening on your waist as he buries his face between you neck. Rubbing his nose on you.

 

Y/N: Are you scent marking me already.

Baek Ho: Hmm… You’re my girlfriend.

Y/N: Well… I don’t remember anyone asking me to be his girlfriend??

 

His arms tighten around your waist. As he buried his head deep on to your neck. Lips on your skin. You could feel the pout on his lips. Knowing fully well, he was still embarrassed about confessing his feelings. Debating on how to put the question out. He ends up mumbling shyly, on the crook of your neck.

 

Baek Ho: Do you want to be my girlfriend…..?

Y/N: What’s that? I didn't quite catch that.

Baek Ho: Y/N……

Y/N: I would love to.

 

Feeling his lips widen in to a smile on your skin. You let out a chuckled on how cute and shy he could be with you.

 

Baek Ho: Thank you… I love you kitten….

 

You decided to not respond to that to see his reaction. Making him froze. Pulling away from the hug looking at your eyes. You could see the panic in his eyes. As his thoughts went wide. But you couldn't keep the expression any longer. Breaking in to a wide smile you cup his cheeks, bringing his face to yours. Planting a kiss on it. Which made him chase your lips when you broke off. Smashing both of your lips together again. Getting both of you in to a deeper kiss. Breaking off by leaning both of your forehead together.

 

Baek Ho: .. You scared me.... Is it too early to say that I love you?

Y/N: No. Not at all.

Baek Ho: Thank god.

 

Burying his head on to your neck again, he places a soft kiss on it. Nuzzling and getting himself comfortable on you. You brought your hands up to scratch the back of his fluffy ears. Making him let out a comforting soft growl.

 

Y/N: I love you too.