Chapter 4

Arranged Marriage

                                                                                       Related image

Soft knocks were heard from Taekwoon's door.

The prince is actually laying on his bed, trying to get a nap. But as soon as he heard the soft knocks from his door, he sat up. He asked himself: "Who is this brave soul trying to ruin my rest?"

With a sigh, he shook his head. "Come in," he said with a louder voice.

The door opened a bit, and a slim figure entered his room. The prince looked up just in time the figure turns to his direction.

Princess Hayeon.

The prince is surprised to see the princess. It's not that he does not want to see her, it just that why in the world would she be doing inside his room?

"I've asked Wonsik if I can visit you in your room. I just wanted to get to know you better," the princess states as if she has just read his mind..however, whispering the last sentence. "I-- There's still a few hours before dinner, and so I was hoping if I can get to chat with you," she continued while trying to hide the blush that's fastly spreading on her face.

Prince Taekwoon is surprised, yet again, to see Princess Hayeon embarrassed in front of him.

"Uh well I think we can do that?" He replied. It was a bit more of a question because he is not even sure if getting to know the princess right now is totally okay.

Upon hearing his reply, the princess smiled oh so widely that the prince thought that she is an actual sun. Her smile is really blinding him. Not that he minds though. The prince thinks that the princess is more beautiful when she's smiling.

Oh what was he thinking?

He patted the space next to him, signalling the princess to sit down. The princess, slowly but surely, complied.

The atmosphere turned a bit awkward. Neither knew what to say nor what they should do.

_________________

Wonsik lost track of the time.

The moment he saw the time from the huge clock hanging at the living room, he immediately remembered the princess.

It has been two long hours since the princess asked him to allow her to visit Prince Taekwoon in his room. However, he has yet to see the princess walked out from the room.

Worried, he bolted towards the room of the prince.

He softly knocked thrice on the door, but there was no response from the inside. He stopped for awhile, trying to listen for any signs of life from the inside.

But he heard nothing.

He knocked again twice and turned the knob. Fortunately, the room was unlocked and so he was able to get inside immediately.

As soon as he got inside, he looked left and right various times in order to see if there's anything suspicious inside the room.

He walked slowly towards the bed and was surprised by the sight before him.

There he sees a peacefully sleeping Prince Jung Taekwoon who is lying on his back, and beside him is a sleeping Princess Hayeon, who is enveloped in a loose embrace by the prince, with her head and right hand on the prince's chest.