Chapter 2

Arranged Marriage

                                                   Related image

 

"So what is this bulky bag doing under your bed?" Wonsik raised his eyebrow as he asked the prince.
"Uh..I started packing more stuff just for emergency purposes!", the prince exclaimed, "You know things might happen..I just want to be ready.", he said nodding to himself. "Yeah, just to be ready."

Wonsik walked closer and the prince started to scratch the back of his neck. Just by one glance, he knew that Wonsik is not buying his excuse. "Oh oh, stop right there!", the prince took a deep breath, backing away slowly "Okay, Kim Wonsik. I won't lie anymore..I just really want to escape."

"It's not like I do not know," Wonsik walks closer to Taekwoon and gives him a light pat on his shoulder, a very warm friendly gesture.

"Let's have a deal," upon hearing those words, Prince Taekwoon snaps his head towards the direction of the bodyguard. "What deal do you have in mind then?", the prince asked.

"Meet the woman your father has chosen to be your wife. If you think you can spend your life with her, go be married to her. If not, then I'll help you escape."

"Then it's settled! I think you should help me now!", the prince half-shouted, almost ready to pick up his huge bag filled with necessities. However, he was stopped by hand that's grabbing the back collar of his top. "Not so fast, dearest prince!" Wonsik then brings Taekwoon to the chair near the study table. He sighs, childish Taekwoon is really hard to handle.

"Don't act like a kid. I'm not doing this because I take orders from your parents. I just want you to know that you have to at least know the person before you decide to run away. Your father won't just pick someone for you. He loves you, and he only wants the best for you."

The prince lowers his head. Ofcourse he knows that the king and the queen will only give him the best, but he thinks he's not ready. This is something new to him, and so it is scaring him. He's just barely 23, and the thought of getting married is out of his mind. He wants to take his time, and find the love of his life- the person who he will be there to guide him and build a small family with him, the very person he would want to protect with all his life.

All those thoughts came crashing on him. What can he even do?

He sighs and looks up at Wonsik, "okay, Wonsik. I get everything now."

"Well that's good to hear then, dearest prince."

"It's a deal then. I'll go meet her, and decide whether I can live with the fact that I am married with her. If not, don't forget! You'll help me escape when that happens!"

Wonsik rolls his eyes at that, "Yeah, I won't forget." The prince nods, his face shows lighter emotions compared to earlier.

"Since it's settled, go and prepare! You have to go down in an hour, so be presentable." Wonsik walks, ready to get out of the room.

"Huh, why?"

Wonsik halts his steps, and looks at Prince Taekwoon with an evil grin plastered on his face. "Well, you'll meet her."

"Her? Who?"

"Princess Cha Hayeon, the woman your father has chosen to be your wife."

"WHAAAAAAT?!"