EXTRA CHAPTER 3

Arranged Marriage

Although the baby is barely two years of age, his development is faster than the usual.

The baby started gripping his feeding bottle. It startled Hayeon when she noticed that, but nonetheless, she's happy because she is granted more time to have a perfect look at the baby.

The baby started standing on his own, too! When Taekwoon was about to get out off the room to get snacks, he is started by the sight of the baby- standing on his wobbly feet, right hand gripping the leg of the bed and the other is extended to Taekwon's direction, as if telling his appa to not go, or to wait for him to get to where he is standing.

Their baby's development is fast-phased, which left them surprised and shocked. But for them, it's okay! They'll get to play and talk more to the baby real soon.

__________

It is the baby's 2nd birthday.

They did not plan anything grand- just the cake cutting, giving of gifts, good food and good music. Only the helpers, the parents of both Hayeon and Taekwoon, and the baby's parents, Hayeon and Taekwoon, are in the party.

__________

Night came and everyone went back to their usual places.

Taekwoon and Hayeon follow Mrs. Lim towards the room.

Mrs. Lim has been helping Hayeon in taking care of the baby since Mrs. Jang has to go home for a few months because of family concerns and health issues.

Mrs. Jang has been away since the day after they took in the baby. So until now, they have yet to find out the name of the baby. But that does not make their love any less for the baby.

__________

Mrs. Lim goes out of the room, leaving Hayeon and Taekwoon behind.

They are both exhausted as the preparation for the small party took quite a longer time than expected.

"Yeonie," Taekwoon calls the other, who is busy re-tucking the baby, "I have to go home now," he says in between yawns.

"Ah yes, Woonie. Wait for awhile," she says as she hurriedly walks to her closet to take her spare blanket that Taekwoon can use on his way back home.

She turns her head to Taekwoon's direction when she heard a small noise. "Woonie?"

"Yes, Yeonie?"

"Woonie said something?"

Taekwoon, confused, shakes his head.

And there is the small noise again.

"--ma"
"--pa"

Hayeon looks closely at Taekwoon. When they had an eye contact, the noise was heard again.

Both Hayeon and Taekwoon looks at their right, to the direction of the bed. There they saw the baby- looking at them, smiling, with his arms extended to the direction of his "parents".

"--ma"
"--pa"

Hayeon places her palm on her lips. Shock still evident on her face, "Baby..baby is calling Woonie and Yeonie?", she whispers to Taekwoon.

Taekwoon takes hold of her free hand and guides her to the bed, where the baby is waiting for them. He squeezes her hand when they reached the foot of the bed.

Immediately, Hayeon climbs on the bed. She envelopes the baby in her arms. "You called Yeonie eomma?", she asks the baby.

The baby, still unable to understand what Hayeon has said, claps and reaches for Hayeon's cheeks. Hayeon giggles at the gesture she received.

"Call Yeonie eomma again?", she caresses the baby's cheek. "Eo-mma," she says to the baby.

"--ma"

Hayeon bursts to tears as the baby complies to her request.

Seeing Hayeon cry, Taekwoon rushes forward to embrace the other. He caresses her back to calm her down. His still tiny hand runs the back of Hayeon lightly. His hand stops at her shoulder and gives it a light squeeze.

Taekwoon turns his head to the baby. "Call Woonie appa?", he asks the baby.

The baby giggles and stretches his hands.

"--pa", the baby says while clapping.

Tears form at the corner of Taekwoon's eyes, but he smiles widely upon hearing the baby.

__________

Mrs. Lim goes to the room to check on the baby. At this time of the day, the baby will cry as he is already hungry.

But Mrs. Lim has yet to hear cries from the baby.

She slowly made her way inside the room, careful not to make unnecessary noise. She moves closer to the bed, only to see a beautiful image of the sleeping young family- the baby is at the middle; Hayeon is on his right, her arms draped on the middle of the baby; and Taekwoon is on his left, his arm holds both Hayeon and the baby close to him.