The Arrangement.

An Arranged Love Story

Why exactly am I here? !!! .... Arranged marriage at this age? What is my mother thinking? And why is my father not saying anything in this. Sigh.

Seo Joo hyun, who just finished college and started working as a newbie in Kim firm, let out another sigh.

She shook her head and turned to see her mother who was sitting in the front seat, while her father was sitting in the driver’s seat.

“I’m so nervous honey.” Mrs Seo muttered checking herself in her compact mirror. “I hope everything turns out good.”

Mr. Seo who was just watching his daughter’s expression from the rear view mirror, let out a sigh.

He was in a dilemma, they were neither rich nor poor. They are what we call a upper middle class family. He was an heir to a wealthy business man, but his father didn’t support him of not marrying the girl of his liking and not following the family business chain. So he was cut off from the family. His wife and children were his whole world now, but he does miss his mother and siblings whom he can’t meet freely fearing their father. His mother and sister’s meet him now and then without his father knowledge.

Now his wife who always wanted to make her husband happy, was called by his father and was asked if he wanted to take me back in the family, they should marry our daughter to his friend’s grandson.

My wife is not a stubborn person, she asked Seo hyun if she was seeing someone, as our daughter said no and she was fully interested in her carrier, my wife told about the meeting with her father in law and Seo hyun had no other way to decline, their parents have done so many things to them and when it was the time to repay them in some way, she was ok with it even if it not that much of her liking. Seo hyun secretly hoped that her fiancée would decline the marriage and that way she doesn’t need to marry  a stranger.

The groom’s father was his childhood friend, whom  he was going to meet after many years. He told his family that they need not do this for him, he was happy with everything he has now and he has hope that one day his father will forgive him. But both his wife and daughter said they are ok with this, and just wanted to give a try. If they feel like they don’t like the groom or his family they can back out.

Getting down the car Seo hyun let out a nervous sigh and straightened her skirt, just to gather a moment of courage.

Her father came to her and gave a fond kiss to her forehead, “You don’t have to do this my dear.” He told her tenderly.

Seeing the love in his eyes, she got enough courage, “I will try anything or you appa.” She hugged her father.

Mrs. Seo saw a text in her mobile, “They are here honey.”

Together they entered the restaurant. To meet the Lu’s family. To create a bond between the two families.

Inside the place was waiting an anxious parents, who turned a worried glance at their son, Luhan, who was calmly texting in the phone, without a care in this world.

“What will he do, when he comes to know the truth.?” Mrs. Lu asked her husband.

“Sigh. I can’t refuse my father’s wish my dear. Let’s hope for the best.” Mr. Lu replied.

Sitting there with a boredom was the groom, CEO of Lu’s corp., who had a girlfriend, with whom he was texting about a family gathering, after which he will be free to meet her for dinner date.