Chapter 5

Ginger & Sage


Sage POV:

I wake up to fluorescent lights glaring down on me. My head is pounding and the loud conversation in the background isn't helping.

"What if she doesn't ever wake up!?" Ginger gasps.

"Calm down Kac, she'll be fine." Sehun responds calmly.

"Rosemary woke up hours ago why isn't Sage.... OMG what if she's dead!"

"I can assure you she's not dead, she's obviously still breathing." Sehun scoffed.

"What do you know Noodle, you're not a doctor."

"You're right, I'm not. I'm just logical."

This conversation makes me question my choice of friends, but let me just wake up and put this girl out of her misery.

With a low groan, I sit up and immediately feel light-headed. By the looks of it I must be in the nurse's' office. Jars of cotton balls, band-aids, and other supplies line the counter tops. I look over to find Ginger and Sehun at the side of my bed.

"How long have I been out?" I ask.

"When I carried you here you were still slightly conscious, but then you passed out. So pretty much all day." Sehun explains.

'Wow I must've been really mad.' I think to myself. "So what happened? I don't remember anything after Suga said my name."

Sehun begins to speak but Ginger cuts him off, "Well after Suga said your name, your face turned red then you went on a rampage and punched him dead in the face." Ginger bust out laughing.

Its official. I really need new friends.

"The guards finally came even though it was a little too late for that since almost everyone was already bloody and injured, even little noodle got a scratch." Ginger says with a pout.

Maybe being friends with that Rosemary girl won't be too bad, at least she's quiet.

"Anyways so when the guards came you blanked out for a second so Sehun carried you here, then you really passed out. The end!" Ginger announces with a hand clap.

The way she explains things is kinda horrifying, she honestly has no filter sometimes. I glance at the student that the two guys were originally teasing.

It's all her fault that we're in this predicament but upon looking at her badly bruised face I can't help but feel a little sympathy for her.

"You good?" I ask her.
*silence*

Dang. I didn't think they messed her up that bad. I glance over at Ginger and Sehun in confusion.

"I've been trying to get her to talk this whole time, but she gives me nothing, not even a noise!" Ginger exclaims

"If I can be of any help" Sehun begins. "That's Rosemary, she's been at this school for as long as I can remember, and I've never heard her speak."

I glance over at "Rosemary" and am met with a stare. It's not awkward, not cold, just a simple stare. I like her already.

The nurse enters the room with a pitty smile. I hate being pitied.

"You two ladies are good to go. Rosemary make sure to rotate the ice pack on your face every 30 minutes and Sage I've already injected some pain meds through your IV so if you experience more pain just come visit me." The nurse flashes us another smile, but this time I see it's sincere.

We all get up to leave the crowded nurse's office, when I stumble over a cord connected to the bed. I brace myself for the fall but it never happens. Cautiously I open my eye to see if I've officially died and went to heaven. Instead I found myself in the arms of Oh Sehun, so I guess this was the closest thing to heaven on earth.

If I could blush I would, "Thanks again Sehun, you're my savior." I joke.
He chuckled softly and helped steady me. By the looks of it Ginger was the only one who didn't find the situation amusing at all.

"Are you okay Kac?" Concern laced in Sehun's tone.
Instead of replying Ginger dashed out of the room. I tried to go after her but Sehun stopped me, "Don't. You need to take it easy. Stay here, I'll look for her." Sehun disappears and I'm left with Rosemary. Her eyes have a mischievous glint in them so I'm guessing she has a thing for drama. Moments later Sehun returns out of breath. "I couldn't find her, but the bell for class just rung so let me y'all to class."

We approach the room labeled 'The Art of Covers'.

"Well this is where I leave you." Sehun says nudging me towards the door. 

"Thanks again Sehun." I say waving him away. After today events, all the thoughts of Sehun not liking me have disappeared. I open the door to the classroom as it falls dead silent and all eyes turn to me. As if it's déjà vu, I'm once again met by the last person I would want to see, Min Suga. 

"Ms. Rush please take your seat you're already late." Mr. Kim says.

I simply comply because 1. I like him and 2. I'm too tired for any more altercations. I feel Suga's intense stare as I walk to my seat. However, I don't dare give him the satisfaction of knowing he had any effect on me.

Suga's POV

I took it way too far yesterday. Her file clearly said not to say her name because it was linked to her abusive parents. Maybe Jungkook is right, I need to get a grip. I can't possibly like this girl, I know nothing about her. But I feel so guilty about using her name. It really is a beautiful name and gosh does she have a killer punch. I just wish it wasn't aimed at me.

My thoughts are interrupted by the classroom door being opened. I turn to see who it is and I'm shocked to see Sage walk in. I can't believe she actually showed up to class.....

________________________________________________________________

*Lunch*

Ginger POV:

Sehun, Rosemary, Sage and I are sitting at our usual lunch table and I'm waiting for something to happen, since it seems that something always goes down at lunch.

I'm scanning the room when my eyes land on a tall, gorgeous, GQ model walking through the door. He has a jawline sharp enough to cut you like a knife. His eyebrow piercing...*dies*. I'm a complete er for piercings! His piercing eyes (not as piercing as Sehun's but good enough) meet mine and I swear I've melted.

My trance is broken when Sehun speaks up.

"You know what I just noticed."

I glare at Sehun because he interrupted my daydream.

But yet he continues "I just realized that you all have spice names. Rosemary, Sage and Ginger."

"Not now Noodle/Sehun!" Sage and I say at the same time.

Looking back in his direction I'm met with pure disappointment because he's gone.

  ________________________________________________________________  

Rosemary, Sage and I head to the yard after lunch. As we pass by Dr. Jinki's office, he comes out and stops us.

"Ginger. Sage. I see that you are with your friend so I'll be brief. If you two could come by my office later on, I would love to have a small session with you. Don't worry, I do this with all the new students." He says with a smile.

We share a look and silently nod back to the doctor. At the end of the hall I see Sehun and immediately take off. "Noodle wait for me!" I call to him. When I catch up, we continue to the yard in a comfortable silence.

Walking back into the yard is a little frightening given yesterday's events. I'm praying that BTS doesn't want another round because I'm too tired to fight. Now that I think about it BTS isn't in the yard, nor have I seen them at all today. Maybe they're in trouble with the mistress or maybe Tae has head trauma...who knows, I'm just happy yard time will be drama free.

At least that's what I thought until I saw him again.

"Sage look it's the hot guy from lunch!" I say while hitting Sage on the arm.

"Oh yeah, Bobby." Sage responds shrugging.

I stand up reach across the table and grab Sage by the collar "How do you know him?!" I yell.

I feel the weight of all the eyes on me, including him. I get flushed at the sudden attention regain my self control and slowly sit down.

Sage brushes off her shirt. "After Dr. Jinki spoke to us you left really quickly, but you should've stayed because he came in right after us."

Groaning, I bang my head on the table. I lift my head again to collide with the table but instead I feel something soft and smooth.

"What's wrong with baby Kac?" I look up to see a pouting Sehun.

Since I've known Sehun for so long I know this act is more to mockery than sincerity, because he well knows that I've been drooling over Bobby since lunch. I find myself absentmindedly staring at Bobby again.

"Oh. Him?" Sehun starts. "That's Bobby, well his government name is Kim Jiwon. He's 21 years old. There's many reasons why he's here but to keep it short and sweet: he's a psychopath."

I sit there, mouth agape for various reasons:

1. HOW DOES NOODLE KNOW THIS!

2. Psychopath? That could be deadly.... but hot.

3. How the heck does noodle know this, I could've sworn he was with me the whole day."

4. 21 huh? Well I like older men and it's not like we're going anywhere any time soon.

Rosemary reaches over to close my mouth, I hadn't realize it was still open..

"Go talk to him." Sehun says chuckling.

"Uhhh no don't do that, he looks like killer type." Sage interjects

"I think I'll be fine he looks kinda lonely, I'm gonna go keep him company." I say standing

I get up, dust myself off and strut over to the table where Bobby is sitting. I can tell he noticed my presence because I noticed his ears flex. He didn't turn me away so I took this as a sign to sit down.

I notice the straight jacket and become a little nervous but nonetheless I still speak, "Hi."

*silence*

Sighing I speak up again, "Hi I'm Ginger, I saw you sitting alone. Are you new?"

*more silence*

"You know, you're incredibly y."

He finally looks up, and perks a eyebrow.

Before I could find out if he was going to respond or not I was whisked away by Sage.

"Hey! We were having a great conversation." I yell.

"Please, more like you making a fool of yourself and him listening. We heard everything."

Sehun and Rosemary nod in agreement. Huffing I look over again to stare at Bobby but....GONE once again. Gosh am I imagining him or something? I turn to scan the yard for him when i'm terrified to death.

"Looking for me?" he's crouching down next to me sporting a smirk.

"I-I-I.. um" I'm at a loss for words and he continues.

"Nice fighting skills yesterday." he whispers in my ear so that only I can hear. He stands up and walks towards another guy who's waiting for him in the doorway. 

  ________________________________________________________________  

Sage POV:

This class couldn't get anymore boring. I let my mind wander as the teacher drones on about the importance of being fluent in any language while working in the field. I'm willing to do almost anything to get out of this classroom right now. One glance at Ginger and I know she feels the same. Running through all the possible exit strategies, I finally remember that we have the perfect excuse.

"Excuse me." I say with my hand raised to get the teacher's attention. "May Ginger and I be excused from class?"

"And what is so important that you feel the need to interrupt my class for?" the older woman replies.

As if she read my mind, Ginger answers "We have an appointment with Dr. Jinki." The teacher simply sighs and waves us away.

Once the door closes I finally breath a sigh of relief. "I don't think I've ever met anyone more boring than that woman!" I tell Ginger.

She hums back as a response. We wordlessly continue through the halls. Even if it's not said aloud, I know neither of us are looking forward to this little "session" we are about to go into. 'Why does he want to see us anyway? Everything he should need is in our files right?' I question myself.

All too soon we find ourselves at the doctor's door. I take the initiative and knock as softly as possible. After 3 seconds I turn to Ginger, "Welp guess he's not here. At least we tried." I announce as I start to drag her away. Before I can get more than 10 feet, Dr. Jinki opens the door.

"Oh good! I thought I heard you out here. Please, come in so we can talk for a bit." His enthusiastic response should make me feel better but it really doesn't.

The room is of average size with a minimalistic theme. The deco is simple: one black desk and chair for him and a white loveseat for us. That's it. Not even something to adorn the plain gray walls. Ginger and I take a seat on the couch while Dr. Jinki settles behind his desk.

"I'm sorry but why are we here?" I say breaking the silence.

"Obviously so he can get to know us." Ginger replied.

"But why though? Isn't what's in our files enough?"

"It's true," Dr. Jinki interjects, "your files are pretty extensive. However, I would like to hear your stories from you.." he explains. I'm still not too thrilled about this and he must pick up on that.

"Ok then, Ginger why don't you start us off."

"Well my name is..."