Chapter 2 (Part 1)

Ginger & Sage

 

They arrive at a large brick building in the secluded countryside of Germany. To the untrained eye it would look like a home for a family of blue bloods, but it was in fact a well disguised CIA training facility. For example, the large enchanting windows were actually one-way bulletproof glass.

They look around at the vast landscape and notice a lack of fences. The two share a knowing glance. Before they could make a run for it, a guard interrupts their thoughts, "Invisible fence. Nice try though."

They're escorted to the door where a petite woman was standing there waiting for them. She had dark hair tucked into a tight bun, aphotic piercing eyes, and a haughty smile on her thin lips.   

"Hello ladies. I'm Headmistress Min. You must be Kac Skyers and Anasage Rush."

"It's Sage. And...Mistress huh? Was Mr. Min's wife unable to greet us."

"I guess what your file says is true, you do have a smart mouth. Not to worry. We can...fix that little habit of yours. Ms. Skyers I also read your file; you're surprisingly quiet, thinking of daddy are we?"

Sage POV:

I watch silently as Ginger lunges for the Headmistress only to be restrained by one of the guards. Who is this woman and what's her deal anyway?

"Well why don't I show you ladies around?" Headmistress Min says with a smirk. As she walks away, I turn to Ginger and say, "See I told you we should have just gone to jail!"

We are lead through the door to a large atrium. The walls were lined with old paintings and pictures of what I assume to be the Min's ancestors.

"You know Mrs. Min, for a school, this place looks pretty domestic." I muse.

"Very good observation Anasage." Ok I hate her. "This is in fact my family's home. However if you would withhold any further interruptions and follow me, you will see where our school really is." She responds with venomous words coated in honey. If I didn't hate this woman so much I would look up to her. When she speaks it's as if she is slapping you while holding the sweetest smile on her face.

Mrs. Min leds us down a barren hall to a dead end. At the end of the hall stands a single portrait of a young boy. After she gives a command, the wall opens up to reveal an elevator. Underground. How cliché is this! I wonder how... "How far underground are we going?" Ginger asks. I sometimes really think she can read my mind.

"Far enough."

When the elevator doors open we're greeted by a young looking, clean cut man in a lab coat.

"Hello Ginger and Sage, i'm Dr. Jinki, i've read so much about you. Your skills will be very useful here."

"Finally! Someone who knows how to be cordial. Doc I like you already." I say, shooting a glare at the mistress.

She rolls her eyes while walking back into the elevator, "Well girls, I know it has been your pleasure but this is where I leave you. I look forward to working with you in the future." However her icy tone says otherwise....

Once the elevator doors close, Ginger and I are left alone with the doctor who is giving us a sweet smile.

"Now shall we begin the real tour?"