Chapter 3

Ginger & Sage


Sage POV:

Okay so day one. Class one: Psychology. I walk into the classroom amidst a group of students. My goal for this class is to silently go unnoticed and to see what I can learn to better my recognizance skills.

One by one I watch as more students file into the room. Under the guise of resting, I lay my head on the table and listen to all the different conversations. After a couple minutes of this, I came to one conclusion: nothing exciting must ever happen here because all these kids' conversations are about nothing. Suddenly the useless chatter turns into fawning whispers from the girls and low grumbles from the boys. I open one eye to see what all the fuss is about only to find two guys coming through the doorway, one taller one shorter.

The taller guy has his arm slung around the shorter one and a small smile on his lips. Considering the fact that I just heard someone squeal, I think that smile was directed to the group of girls by the door. I mean I can't say I blame them. His handsome face, tall slender body, broad shoulders, and casual demeanor gave him a very princely vibe.

As for the shorter guy...I don't know. He's blank. Expressionless. I can't get a read on him. However, there must be something about him, I can tell by the way the others look at him.

We made eye contact as he walked to his seat. Its weird. I know I've never met this guy before but those eyes... His piercing eyes are somehow familiar to me. They draw me in for some unknown reason.

The two take their seats while the class continues to gossip.

"Omg Jin oppa looks so good today." "Suga dyed his hair blonde, he looks so dangerous. It's hot!" "Why does he even come to class anyways? It's not like he needs to be here."

I continue to observe the two males until the door opens again revealing a very attractive woman. The room went pin-drop silent and all eyes were on her. Tall, long dark hair, blue eyes. The picture of perfection. "Ok class. Get your notebooks out and let's pick up where we left off." She plants herself on the edge of her desk and scans the room. "Who would like to give me a summary of what we discussed last class?" Her roaming eyes finally find me. Shooting me a perfect smile, the woman makes her way over to my side of the room. "Oh, Sage! I almost forgot you were starting class today. Dr. Jinki told me you were good at being inconspicuous but i didn't quite believe him. My name is Ms. Fox."

The whole class turns to look at me. Out of all the stares, one is more intense than the rest. I turn slightly to the left and I see the blonde one (apparently named Suga) analyzing me. After our mini stare down, I hear Ms. Fox begin the lecture and quickly avert my eyes.

Two hours later I find myself lost in the maze of hallways trying to find the cafeteria. While searching I heard yelling from rooms away. I approach the room and find the noise to be coming from Suga and Mistress Min. I stood by the door and listened closely to what they were saying.

"You're such a disappointment to this family! You don't deserve to carry the Min name."

"Why would I want to carry a name filled with debauchery and lies? You're both two faced and fake. I bet you two aren't even honest with each other."

*slap*

"How dare you talk about your father and I that way! You mustn't forget that all you are is because of those very lies."

Watching Suga Ifeel like... I don't know. I honestly don't know how to feel. I'm entranced by the way his lips have an ever so slight pout when he speaks. The tone of his voice puts me at ease. And if looks could kill, those sharp eye would have me in my grave. How can someone look so attractive when angry! Ugh!!!!! I don't even know him why am I thinking these things...

My internal struggle was cut short by his deadly gaze finding me once again. Taking that as a warning (or threat), I take off down the hall. I came to an intersection and run straight into a wall..or at least that is what it felt like.

"Whoa, you ok there?" I look up to see the shockingly, gorgeous guy who caught me. Before I could respond, Ginger pops up from behind him. "Sage? I thought we were meeting in the cafeteria. What are you doing over here?"

"I got lost." I quickly tell her. I skeptically glance at the tall guy standing beside Ginger as i pull her aside.

All I say is: "Who?"

"Oh that's Sehun. He's in my first class."

"No. We aren't doing this again. Do you remember what happened last time you befriended a random good looking guy!?"

"You thought you could tell me who I can and can't be friends with? Ha. Cute. Just come on so we can go to lunch." She proceeds down the hall without even waiting to see if I follow.

The cafeteria is filled with the sounds of low conversations and forks against trays. Sehun guides us through the food line and then to a random table. Ginger sits next to Sehun while I sit across from them.

"Now let's do this properly." Ginger starts. "Sage this is Noodle. Noodle this is Sage." Sehun and I both stare at her as if she had three heads.

Sehun then takes over saying "As you probably have guessed my name actually isn't Noodle, that's just her childhood name for me. My name is Sehun."

Ooooooohhhhhh ok. So he wasn't just some kid that she met in her first block, he was someone from her past.

I give a response in the form of a nod and continue eating my food. I look up from my tray and once again see "Suga" strut through the cafe like he owns the place. As he walks through students hurry to get out of his way. He exudes confidence and that in itself is respectable. The moment that thought crosses my mind, he looks in my direction and shoots me a cocky smirk. Before I can comprehend this, he turns away and continues to a table were 6 other obnoxious boys are seated.

"So what was that all about?" Ginger questioned, breaking our silence.

"That's Min Suga. He is part of the crew BTS. they consist of 7 of the most skilled and dangerous kids in this facility. AND he is the son of the Headmaster and Headmistress." Sehun replied with an uninterested tone.

I quietly scoff at this. "I'm pretty sure he isn't all that.." I mumble under my breath.

Seconds later, a fuming Mrs. Min walks into the cafe. Her eyes zero in on me and I immediately know its game on. "Hey Sehun you better get some popcorn because you are about to witness a great show." I announce with a smirk.

"Hello Kac and Anasage." (*sigh* I hate her...) "How are you enjoying our school so far." she asks condescendingly.

I refuse to let her get to me so I stand in front of her defiantly. "I think we are rather enjoying ourselves, right Ginger?" Ginger gives her a small nod and I turn back to Mrs. Min, " I love the...entertainment here." I say while looking straight at Suga. She follows my line of sight and quickly catches on. "But thank you for asking Mistress Min."

I notice that the scene grabs Suga's attention and he watches us with raised eyebrows. "The situation with my son is nothing special, everyone has family conflict. Plus i'm sure you're very familiar with it."

"Ooooooooooo" Ginger and Sehun yelled at the same time

My hand almost collides with the mistress smug face but is stopped by Ginger.

"Sehun take her" Ginger pushes me into his chest...

For a noodle he sure is built I think to myself. The slow beat of his heart was music to my ears. It instantly calmed me as he escorted me out.

He moves his hands to my arms to keep me in place. "You know that was impressive what you did in there rookie."

"Thanks I guess. So... How do you know Ginger anyways?" I ask.

"Oh Kac? We've known each other since we were kids. We met in preschool on the playground. One day I noticed some of the older kids pushing her out of the way, so I came to her rescue." he tells me with an innocent smile. "Since that day we have been inseparable."

Just maybe I can trust him.

*Meanwhile in the cafe* Gingers P.O.V

After watching Sehun take Sage out I notice all the curious onlookers and turn to the Mistress. "Look I don't know what happened and I don't know what problem you have with us but I think you're taking it way too far." I walk toward the cafe doors before I turn to say one last thing, "Oh and next time you cross me or Sage by bringing up our past, there won't be anyone to stop us." I say with the sweetest smile before walking through the doors.

Walking out of the cafe doors I spot Sehun and Sage. I run towards them yelling "Sage what was that -" My sentence was cut short when I realized how close they actually were... Forgetting my earlier question I quickly grab Sehun's arm and disappear down the hallway.

*Back to Sage's POV*

I'm left alone, confuzzled, when the cafe doors open again. Suga walks out toward me and takes me by the arm down a different hall.

"What are you doing?!" I yell at him.

"Shhh"

"Um no!" I tell him, trying to pull my arm away. "You can't just-" He turns backs and glares at me, instantly shutting me up instantly.

"Fine then, let's do this here. Who are you?"

I give him an astonished look. "Why should I tell you? How about you? Who are you?"

"Please. For someone who doesn't know me you sure we're staring pretty hard."

"That's only because I was trying to make a point to your mom. Either way I don't have to tell you anything."

He takes a step towards me and I take a step back. "You're right, you don't have to tell me anything. I'll figure it out myself." Suga gives me one last smirk before he leaves me standing in the hall.


 

Chapter inspired by this look:

*swoon*