{prologue}

Good Intentions with Disastrous Results
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

If there was one thing in the whole wide world that Kim Sunggyu was sure of, it was that he was purely and utterly done with Nam Woohyun and his bull.

That, and once he got his hands on the man, he was going to be officially over. Vanished. Extinct from this earth. He would be a distant memory, just like the dinosaurs.

Well, that was exactly what ran through his mind the second he had walked into his class after the regular hour for homeroom that morning and stared at the whiteboard in shock.

On the whiteboard was a confession. In particular, a confession that Sunggyu had no part in.

Written in blue marker boldly was “Will you please date me, Ms. Jeon?” Decorated around the bold question were drawn-on streamers and balloons, something Sunggyu was sure Woohyun had enlisted someone else to do—most likely Dongwoo, the only teacher at the school that played a part in Woohyun and his shenanigans. Sunggyu also had no doubt in his mind that the hearts drawn around sporadically was the work of Woohyun, who loved to draw hearts everywhere as if Valentines’ day were every day.

The incriminating evidence that pinned the disaster on the board with his name was that right underneath the bold question was “Signed, Kim Sunggyu (the cutest hamster-teacher ever)”. What Sunggyu could decipher as a poorly drawn hamster was right beside said line.

And right underneath was “( ) Yes” written in large print, underlined and had sparkles draw around it, and in significantly smaller, almost illegible size was “( ) No”.

Woohyun had outdone himself this time. Really. What was the idiot thinking? He had no idea whose idea it was—Dongwoo’s or Woohyun’s, but he was out for blood after this.

Ms. Jeon had taken sick leave suddenly in the morning, and her homeroom class as a result, didn’t have homeroom or history. The mess on the board had been there for at least two hours already.

Sunggyu wished that the floor would open and swallow him whole.

Don’t worry, he had said.

I’ve got everything under control, he had winked. He was sure that the younger man had been tempted to even have the nerve to throw him finger hearts or something of the sort. Sunggyu’s slight twitch of eyebrow and fingers at the time had deterred him from even carrying out the action.

You’ll be thanking me at the wedding, he had boasted. He always had his head in the clouds—but Sunggyu had been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter