Chapter 21: BUTTERFLY

ACID ft. ALKALINE [HIATUS]

It’s weekend and both Tiffany and Taeyeon were at home. Tiffany got a really hectic week as she need to attend a lot of meetings, photoshoots campaign and fittings session. Since it’s nearly fall season, she’s becoming busier as she will be runaway model and attending the events herself. Many knows that Seoul Fashion week is a highlight events of the year and people have been looking forward to it every year.

Both of them didn’t get to spend much time together. Taeyeon didn’t go out that much since he is a homebody. While Tiffany is out for work, he just stays at home do some reading and chores.

About Chul Woo, Tiffany didn’t tell her husband about it yet. Her red wrist that day? Luckily it’s gone after she finished her work but the pain still there, so she just endures it and pretend like nothing happen.

Taeyeon was watching a Netflix series and sipping his hot coffee when Tiffany walks out from her room  while rubbing her sleepy eyes. She takes a seat next to Taeyeon and lay her head on his shoulder. Seems like it has become her new habit to put her head on his shoulder.

“Hey good morning.” He greets her while brushing his messy hair that covered her eyes.

Tiffany didn’t bother to reply to him and just snuggle into Taeyeon’s arm. He seemed to get used to Tiffany’s antics and let her cling on him.

“You should sleep some more if you’re still sleepy Fany.” he says while wrapping his arm around her. It has become new habit for Taeyeon too to wrap her around her arms.

“Uhm I’m hungry…” she whined.

They didn’t develop that much skinship yet but even just being like this together made them feel butterflies in their stomach.

Taeyeon then slowly removed her head from his shoulder and get up. Tiffany feels clueless with his action and wait for him while watching the series.

Few moments after that, he came back with a plate of toast. So that’s explain the sweet smell that fly around their house earlier.

“Eat this first then we’ll go out for lunch. Okay?” He gives her the plate then going back to the kitchen to take her drink.

 

TIFFANY POV

My eyes open widely when he hands me the plate. Small gestures by him and it enough to make my heart skip a beat. I can feel his sincereness and love. Wait, did I say love? Oh my God… But whatever, it was true.

Call me crazy or anything but I do feel that from him. He doesn’t need to go big, doesn’t even need fancy events, and doesn’t need lust to make me love him. No matter how many times I think about it, I still feel stupid for not seeing his love from the beginning. But you can’t blame me though. How can I see him in a positive way when we started things roughly? Not only me, but I also don’t think anybody can take this marriage in a positive context if they were in my shoes too.

“Here, drinks this juice. It can make you feel fresh.” He put the juice on the coffee table and sit beside me.

“Thanks Tae. You’re the best.” My lips curved a smile, and I began to eat the toast. It was my favorite flavor. Peanut butter and  chocolate.

I saw him smile through the corner of my eyes. While I’m savoring the sweet and nutty flavor, I feel something touching my lips. Taeyeon wiped the corner of my lips with his thumb. “You eat like a kid Fany.” he said and the excess chocolate on his thumb.

I was surprised to see his actions. “Yah, you can just use tissue. Your finger will get sticky Tae.” I put the toast down and pull out some tissue then hand it to him.

He grabs it and instead of wiping his finger, he wipes my lips. “This should be use on you. Not me.” I couldn’t say anything and just let him wipes my lips. I was frozen for a moment looking at him so close to my face. “Mine is fine. Plus it’s sweet.” He says between it and smile.

He then back to his position and watch me finished the toast with just two bites. I saw him smile while looking at me, maybe because of my clumsiness and keep dropping the chocolate spread and breadcrumbs.

“Why are you smiling?” I asked. I never see him smile this much. The Netflix series were there and still playing on the TV, but he keeps on looking at me and smiling like an idiot.

He leans on his elbow and his eyes were pinned on me. “Because you’re cute.” He answered without flinching or stutter, like he’s already expecting the question. So today, we will get to see the bold Taeyeon or what?

I chuckled with his answer and shakes my head. Just when I want to the excessive peanut butter on my fingers, Taeyeon grabs and it. It doesn’t look sensual or full of lust, it just… he looks so loving? I swear I was really shocked. I’m not lying, this is the boldest thing he ever did. “Y-yah… Taeyeon w-what are you doing…” I mouthed those words while stuttering.

While I was shocked as hell, he just smiles widely like nothing happen. I guess it’s really true that we will see the bold Taeyeon today.

“What? I just want to taste it a bit. You got some on your fingers, so I just taste it there.” He showed his satisfied expression then speaks more “Hm… sweet.” He then takes my plate to bring it to the sink. While he makes his way, he managed to speak again. “Like you Fany.”

His words make my heart skip a beat again. Kim Taeyeon, is this how you are actually? Well I admit I was bold too, but I will never think he can be that bold since he seems quiet and observant Kim Taeyeon.

I’m sure that my face is reddening like a tomato right now. I can feel the burn on my cheeks, then spread to my ears. I can’t stay here much longer, I don’t know how to face him and I’m sure he too. So I finished the drink and run to my room.

 

TAEYEON POV

“What was you thinking Kim Taeyeon!?” my inner feelings speak. I washed my face at the sink after putting Tiffany’s plate there.

I am seriously don’t know what’s happening to me. It was so sudden, and I don’t even know how can I be that bold. Gosh now I don’t know how to face her.

I keep on staring in sink, reflecting on what I have done earlier. Should I apologize? For what? It’s not like I hurt her or anything. I was just being… bold. Yeah bold. That’s all. There’s nothing harm in being bold with her. She’s my wife after all.

I washed the plates then walked back to the living room and found that Tiffany is gone. She’s already emptied the glass and that makes me feel great. I like how she look so much happier compared to before.

I know that she might feel shocked with my sudden action but honestly if you asked me, I would say that I don’t think it was a bad thing to do. I’m not pushing her, I’m just trying to bring our relationship to the next level. Well no one want to keep on stuck on the same level isn’t? So I guess I’m doing a good job by leading this relationship.

Enough with the negativity, I’ll just take this as a starter to the next level.

I turned off the TV and brought myself to my room. We’re going out for lunch so I should get ready.

--

 

THIRD PERSON POV

It’s been an hour since they both stayed in their room, getting ready for lunch. Taeyeon get out from his room first. He has already finished since half an hour ago, but he stayed in his room since he doesn’t know how to face Tiffany after what he has done earlier.

“Okay Taeng just be cool. Just knock her door and tell her you’re done.” He gives some pep talk to himself and takes a deep breath. “Be cool, this should be easy-peasy.” He takes one last deep breath and knock-on Tiffany’s door.

“Um… F-Fany?  I-I’m d-done. We s-should go out now if you’re done. He slaps himself after done talking. “What the heck happen with your mouth Taeng??!” he half scream to himself.

He keeps on waiting in front of her door before hear her replies from inside. “I’ll be out in 5 mins Tae!”

“Okay, I’ll be at living room then.” he says and walk away from there.

While waiting, Taeyeon sit on the sofa and constantly fidgeting his finger. Somehow, he felt nervous like he’s waiting for his bride. To reduces his nervousness, Taeyeon take the fashion magazine on the coffee table and read it.

He saw his wife on the cover of the magazine and quickly flips to the page. The article was published in conjunction with women’s day and Tiffany was among those interviewed about women’s empowerment. Beside reading her comments about the topic, he also saw how a fragile and frail woman turned into a strong and powerful even through the look in her eyes.

Taeyeon read the question about Tiffany’s perspective on a woman’s success and what she did to get to where she is now as a successful model.

“I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of ‘Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this,’ and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough.” He reads her comment silently and nods to himself as he was impressed on how she answers the question. And what she says was true. Like this marriage. Neither of them was ready but they still make it and end up learn a lot from each other. And now they’re still learning to be better for each other every day.

He read more about the interview. And this time they asked her about her favorite quote and the reason why she loves it.

“My go-to-quote would be, ‘a woman should be two things: who and what she wants’. It was from Coco Chanel. I like to put it on my mind because it really portrays how a woman should trust themselves and be who they want without need to think about other’s judgement.”

He just wants to read more when Tiffany walks out from her room. Taeyeon looks up and his eyes couldn’t believe on what he saw. How can a woman be this beautiful even with just a basic outfit? She just wears a white off shoulder paired with light wash skinny jeans and that already killed him.

“Tae?” she called him as he didn’t give any reaction or response.

Taeyeon automatically woke up from his dream and quickly put the magazine back on the table. “Let’s go.” He smiled.

--

TIFFANY POV

I noticed that Taeyeon keep on glancing on the side mirror while driving. I don’t know if it just me or I saw him looking at me. We’re now heading to a restaurant to go for lunch, and I don’t know what is our next plan is.

We didn’t talk much throughout the drive. I was thinking that it was probably because of his bold action earlier. But to think about it, I don’t really mind about him being bold or brave to take our relationship to the next level. We have agreed to take things slow because the thought of one of us might be not ready yet but judging on his action earlier and my opinion about it, I think both of us is ready to go to the next level.

The car now stopped at the red light, and I can see from the corner of my eyes that he was looking at me. I couldn’t stand the curiousness, so I asked him.

“Why are you keep looking at me Tae?”

As expected, he was flustered and bring his eyes to another direction.

“H-huh? N-no I d-didn’t.”

I chuckled at him answer. And today I learnt one more thing about Taeyeon. He’s not a good liar. No matter how hard he tried to hide his feelings or expression, he can’t never cover it up. “Tae… you’re lying. I saw your eyes.”

He quickly gives up and cover his face at the steering wheel before pulling it up again. He then sighs, “Yeah I was looking at you because… you look…, um beautiful. I can’t resist my eyes.”  

I saw his puppy eyes. He can look so cute and manly at the same time.

“I’m sorry if I made you uncomfortable, Fany…” he mouthed again.

I look at him with a smile. Don’t know what urge me, but my hands just swiftly reach to his cheeks and pinch it. “There is no law that say it is wrong to look at your own wife. So, keep on. I like it.”

“And there is no law that say it is wrong for me to hold your hand, right?” he said as he put his hand on mind. I can feel his thumb rubs on the back of hands and he squeeze it lightly.

I couldn’t say anything as if my mouth being locked. I love on how Taeyeon tries to take charge of the relationship. He was the man, and he can lead.

“I just wanna live in this moment forever”

I heard Taeyeon sing slowly following the song on the radio while tapping his other finger on the steering wheel. He didn’t release his hand on mine and even tighten the grip.

He got a sweet voice that can sing me to sleep. The traffic light color changed, and he began to drive again. With his left hand on mine, Taeyeon drive with one hand. I do know that it was dangerous, but I trust him.

“Cause I’m afraid that living couldn’t get any better”

“Started giving up on the word ‘forever’”

“Until you gave up heaven so we could be together”

 

He keeps on singing the lyrics and I noticed his eyes were directed to me sometimes.

“You're my angel, angel baby, angel” he sings the line while looking at me. And this time he really turns his head to me.

“Eyes on the road Tae, I don’t want any trouble.” I said, hoping that he’ll move his head away. Yes, I do trust with his driving, but I just want to divert his attention because I feel flutter. I can’t stand with him keep on looking at me. I think it will drive me crazy. Oh my God Kim Taeyeon!

He let out warm smile and stare into my eyes. “Just looking at you for a few seconds won’t cause you any trouble Fany.”

I glare at him, “Cheesy.”

“Only for you.” he winked.

And my heart drops down to earth. God, please hold my heart for me. I think I’m going to be weak because of this man.

He then continues to sing the whole song and brought his eyes to me once in a while. Now this is what I called comfort and love. In a car, driving, humming to some songs and his gaze is enough.

--

THIRD PERSON POV

They arrived at a restaurant after 30 minutes driving. Tiffany put on black shades while walking with Taeyeon. It’s lunch time and there are quite a lot of people in the restaurant. Luckily Taeyeon reserved a table that a placed a bit seclude from people’s view so his wife can eat comfortably.

Other than laying her head on his shoulder, they also have other new habits which is holding hands. Even when they were sitting across from each other, they still holding hands on the table. Taeyeon never let go of Tiffany’s hand even once. He caresses her hand while reading the menu earlier, while Tiffany scanned his fingers and noticed something.

“Tae, you got tattoo?” she asked.

Tiffany never saw any tattoo on him. Maybe because it was too small so she can’t see it.

He nods to her. “Yeah I have few of it.” he then releases their hand and show it to her.

“What is this?” she pointed at the tattoo on his right middle finger.

Taeyeon smile while looking at his finger. “Oh it’s my zodiac symbol. A Pisces.”

“Hm… I see. Is there more?” she asked.

“Yeah I have few of it. Here, look.” He showed his all ten fingers. There’re quite a few small tattoos in form of letters, and symbols.

Tiffany takes a look at it. He got tattoos on his right thumb, left middle finger and wrist. She noticed that all of the tattoos were simply composed without any coloring. Just a black lines and ink. Seems like he like it simple instead of fancy.

“‘I’? Is there any meaning?” she meant for the tattoo on his thumb.

A smile curved on his lips. “Yes. ‘I’ means me. Myself. When I’m at my worst, the only person that I got is myself. It can’t be guarantee that my family would be there, even my friends too.”

“I’ll be there.” She says.

Taeyeon was surprised to hear her words and left speechless. He never thought he would hear someone say that to him. Ever since his mother gone, Taeyeon has never told much about his difficulties to others. Even to aunty Hana. It wasn’t the same, and he felt awkward discussing his struggles with his best friends. He preferred to listen rather than being listened to.

She asked again because he doesn’t show any response. “Why? You don’t believe me?”

“N-no… It just… it was my first-time hearing that.”

“Really?”

He nods. “Yeap.”

Showing her mesmerizing eye smile, she speaks more. “It’s okay, you got me now Tae.”

“You’re so corny Fany.” Taeyeon chuckled with her words but deep inside, he kind of like it. It’s not so cheesy if it needs to be compared with those lines in romance dramas. It was his first time being in this kind of relationship too. He’s bad in showing his emotion and didn’t express much of himself. That is why his relationship with Juniel is so dry back then.

“You taught me!”

“No I didn’t!”

Their cute argument end when their food arrives and while having lunch, they talked about Tiffany’s upcoming event, and he got to learn a lot of things in modelling world.

--

Taeyeon held Tiffany’s hand as they walked out of the restaurant. He let Tiffany wore his baseball cap to prevent her face from being seen by the public. As they walked side by side in the ocean of people, Tiffany let go of the grip and linked to Taeyeon’s arms instead.

Taeyeon was shocked by her actions and grinned afterwards. “This will be a new habit…”

There are a few people that were looking at them and smile widely. For once, they thought  that they already get caught by the public, but it turns out that they were just admiring them as a couple.

“Do you want to buy anything? New dresses or anything? I’m sorry I didn’t know much about woman’s thing.” He said while brushing his nape.

Tiffany shakes her head and smile. “No it’s okay Tae. Just walking with you like this is enough.” She never thought that happiness can be felt this easy.

While they were walking, they heard someone screaming for help suddenly.

“HELP!”

They walked faster towards the sound and saw a woman laying on the ground. Being a doctor, Taeyeon always have the instinct about a patient. He releases Tiffany’s hand and run towards the woman. Tiffany was clueless and don’t know what to do.

“Please help!”

Taeyeon quickly run beside the woman and tapped her shoulder. “Ma’am? Ma’am are you okay? Can you hear me?”

He put his ears closely to hear her breathing. She barely can breath and Taeyeon quickly ask the other woman for something to be a head pad.

Taeyeon always carry his penlight and quickly checked the woman’s pupil. On the other side, people are now swarming around them. Tiffany tries to help by asking those people to give some space so that the fainted woman can breathe.

“Fany please call emergency services for me.”

Tiffany nods in understand and quickly dialed the emergency number. The other hand, he tries to test her sensory and presses the penlight between her fingers.

While waiting for ambulance, the passed-out woman began to vomit. He knows that when she started vomiting, there might have a bad possibilities will happen. He does a CPR, but the woman’s breathing didn’t get any better. She really needs an intubation right now.

Few minutes after that, an ambulance siren started to approach and two paramedics came out from the ambulance.

“This patient needs intubation. You have the kit?” Taeyeon asked.

“Are you a doctor?”

“Yes I am.”

The paramedics hand him the kit and Taeyeon skillfully intubate the woman without any problems. It just takes a few minutes for him, and the woman now can breathe normally.

Taeyeon get on the ambulance to assist the woman and asked Tiffany to go home first but the woman refused. She got on the ambulance and went along with him. He didn’t say anything and just agree with her.

“To the Seoul Centre Hospital please.” He ordered.

--

They arrived at the hospital after 15 minutes accelerating along the busy roads. As they arrive, they were welcomed by the emergency department nurses and doctors.

Taeyeon helped the paramedics to push the stretcher while giving them a report. “A woman in mid- 30s, her pupils aren’t reacting, and her right pupil is four to five millimeters dilated. She’s paralyzed on her left side.”

“I think it’s a right cerebral hemorrhage or infarction. Maybe a ruptured aneurysm too.”

They nod to his report and Taeyeon let them bring the woman away for treatment. But suddenly, another disaster came.

“Taeng?”

“Tae?”

He turned to see the voices and shocked to see Sooyoung and Juniel were there staring at him and… Tiffany who was standing beside him.

“Oh … my life.”

 

P/S : i'm really sorry for the really short update. I tried to complete the chapter in 1 day on my off day but i don't think i can 😂. but i'll try again to update soon. i couldn't check the grammar and spellings so please cut me some slack okay? xoxo