Chapter 15: WEIRD FEELINGS

ACID ft. ALKALINE [HIATUS]

Taeyeon arrived at the address texted by Sunny after 30 minutes like he promised. He looks around.

“A club? Just a right place to hang out shorty.” He sighed.

Taeyeon hates loud places, he hates dancing, he hates crowded places, he hates bumping himself with people. Did I just describe about the club? Yes I am. Taeyeon hates night club.

He brought his lazy foot, stepping inside the club. He already heard loud music banging from outside and it worsen in the inside. Taeyeon passed through the security and saw Sunny already waiting for him at the entrance.

She greets him with a fist bump. “I thought you still want to be with your paperwork?”

Taeyeon realized there were some eyes were looked at him and whispered between them. There were some of the girls flashing their smile to him. “Well I decided to go out from my comfort zone. Where’s the kids?” He looked around to find those shikshins.

Seeing their gaze on Taeyeon, Sunny . “Wow Taeng, you already be the center of attention in 5 minutes you’re here.” She elbowed him and grinned.

Taeyeon hit Sunny’s forehead. “Crazy shorty. Do you want me to make you more short? This time it will be 5 cm!”

She flinched and rubbing her forehead that now have turned red. Fortunately it’s quite dark, if not, the red mark on her forehead will be visible to all. “Yah! Alright alright let’s go!”

Sunny lead him into the club until they reached a private room. She opens the door and it’s revealed Sooyoung, Yoona and… Juniel were drinking and laugh among themselves. They gladly welcomed Taeyeon and Sooyoung hand him a glass of alcohol.

“Damn… they’re not kidding. She is here.”

Taeyeon just stand there blankly, ignoring Sooyoung who’s offering him the glass. Sunny turn her back and slap Taeyeon’s shoulder, making him startled.

“Yah shorty! How dare you?!”

“Did you forget what you did?!” She pointed at her forehead.

Both of them were busy quarrelling while Yoona and Juniel laughing at them. On the other side Sooyoung already fed up. “You two better stop before I smacked you down!”

“Yah Taeng didn’t you came to resolve me and Yoona? Did our role change?” Sooyoung shoot him a glare.

“Can’t you chill Soo? Everything is good.” Taeyeon pat Sooyoung’s back, tries to cool him down.

Sooyoung stares him with what-the- looks. Well, he didn’t really mad to them, he can never be mad to these mad creatures.

Taeyeon laugh and grab the glass from his hand. Just when he wants to take a seat beside Yoona, Sunny already land her there. She just gives him a smirk, signaled a vacant seat beside Juniel.

“So… um it’s been while, right Tae?” Juniel smile shyly.

Taeyeon turn his attention to her. “Ah… y-yeah…” he brushed the back of his head.

Sunny give both of them a space by dragging those 2 shikshins out from the room. Taeyeon knows where this conversation will going, so he stare at his friends, begging them silently not to leave him alone with Juniel. Apparently, his request got rejected.

“H…how are you?”

“Huh?” he turn to her again.

“I-I mean, all these years… how are your life? Better?” She looks down, playing with her fingers. There's sense of sad in her words.

Taeyeon finish the alcoholic drink in one sip. He looked ahead, as if seeing something far away. Remembering their memories when they were together. But he erased the memory by sipping one more glass of alcohol. “I’m sorry for leaving you Juniel. I should’ve told you sooner…” He blurted the words he never gets to say all this while.

The woman looks into his eyes. She slowly reached Taeyeon’s hand, pressing her fingers against his. Despite the loud sound of music, they both seemed to be in their own world. “Tae… I-I miss you…” She half whispered to his ears.

Like being hit, Taeyeon’s mind back to reality. He pulls his hands away from her. “I’m sorry, I should go.” He makes his way out from the room to join his friends. Leaving Juniel alone.

“I guess it’s still too early to say that… stupid move Jun…” She mutters to herself.

--

Taeyeon makes his way through the crowds and found his friends sitting at the bar counter. He then takes a seat beside Sunny.

3 of his friends look at him with a hopeful eyes. He glares at them. “What are you looking at?”

Sooyoung put his glass down. “So how was it?”

Taeyeon knows what his friends hope for. “Don’t hope for anything. Nothing going to happen.” He then ordered a glass of vodka and their eyes widen.

“Yah you know you’re not a hard drinker Taeng!” Sooyoung said.

Yoona also agree with him. “Yeah oppa you’ll get hangover. You got a problem?” They all know Taeyeon is not a heavy drinker. But when drink he something strong, that means he’s having something in his mind that cannot be expressed.

He shakes his head. “I’m on night shift tomorrow. It’s okay, just once in a while.”

Their attention then moved to the club pathway. Many people there stare at the couple who just made the entire club stop dancing for a while. Taeyeon who was curious also turn his head and he immediately regret it. It was Tiffany and his boyfriend, holding hands tightly heading towards the other side of the club.

“I told her not to draw attention!” He screams inside.

While Yoona let out a worry look on Taeyeon. She doesn’t know what Taeyeon feels after seeing his wife holding hands with other man, but he’ll feel hurt certainly. Their eyes met and he let out a bitter smile to her.

Sunny then remembered something after looking at the couple just now. She remembered Taeyeon's father coming to the hospital few weeks ago. Trying to stop Taeyeon from drink one more glass of the heavy alcohol, Sunny brushed his hand away, making Taeyeon hissed.

“What?”

“Taeng, come to think about it, why did your father come to visit her few weeks ago?” Sunny shoot the question while reminiscing how the hospital became a hot topic for few days. Did I tell you how busy Taeyeon at that time? The press was calling him to asked about it since it was his father and he’s a doctor working there.

He sighed on hearing her question. “Again?”

Sooyoung slapped Taeyeon’s shoulder. “We never get to know the real answer since you’re so busy dwarf!”. At the same time Juniel silently join them and take a seat beside Yoona.

“It's the same as what was written in the newspaper! What more you want me to say?”

Taeyeon gave the statement that their father were good friends. Her father only visited Tiffany out of concern for her condition. While Taeyeon himself has nothing to do with Tiffany’s wedding and only visits her as a friend.

Before making the statement, he has already talked to both parents and requested their marriage not be announced yet. Taeyeon concern about Tiffany’s emotions as she just received severe criticism from netizens about her relationship with Chul Woo. Also, he wants to keep his image in the workplace. Taeyeon felt it was not yet the right time to get the word out about their marriage to the public. Fortunately, their parents understood and agreed to his request.

--

Their attention again being distracted by the couple. This time they walk down to the dance floor. Smiling and giggling among themselves. Unconsciously, Taeyeon clench his fist and his eyebrows furrowed. He can see her eye smile flashing clearly. He gulps another glass of vodka.

“Why you never show me those eye smile? Is it only reserved for him?”

If you are wondering why the couple can walk around freely in the club, it because this is some sort of private night club. There’s no way press can go in here. Therefore, this club always full of celebrity and VIPs. In Taeyeon’s case, Sunny got membership from her cousin Henry as a gift for her for completed her research.

Music in the club getting loud, Taeyeon become more uncomfortable. But he remained there because he wants to celebrate his friends. As much as his head hurting right now because of the vodka and loud music, his gazed is locked on Tiffany. She has already taken off her plaid blazer earlier which left her with black basic t-shirt.

The moment they started to dance, Taeyeon can see how that guy move his hand to Tiffany’s waist. He tried to reach the lower part but was slowly repulsed by Tiffany. Their moves moving between them like sighs on a silk pillow. Don’t know what urged him, Taeyeon grab Juniel’s hand and dragged her to the dance floor. His friends were shocked by his actions.

“Sunny, I’m not wrong right? Taeng going for a d-dance and he’s with…”

“Juniel unnie.” Yoona cut him off. Knowing that Taeyeon is not the type of outgoing, his action totally made their mouth turn to be in “O” shape.

Sunny nods. “Yeah you’re right Soo. Our Taeng is going…”

“Crazy.” Again, Yoona complete their words.

Sunny and Sooyoung turn their head to Yoona. “Yah IM YOONA!” They scream her name simultaneously.

“Hehehe…” she smiles sheepishly.

--

“Tae are you okay?” she talks between the loud music. Her eyes seem worried. Taeyeon look like he’s going to pass out anytime soon.

He didn’t bother to answer her and just hold her hand, signaling her to dance.

The dancing crowd pushed the couple to the middle of the dance floor. Taeyeon’s eyes met Tiffany’s. Tiffany was stunned and couldn’t believe that he was seeing Taeyeon there… with a woman. Even he is swaying while standing, he wraps his hands around Juniel’s waist and pull her closer while his eyes still marked on Tiffany. He knows Tiffany feel affected with his move when he leans in to Juniel.

Tiffany’s eyes lit like there’s fire. She didn’t give a damn about Chul Woo who was busy feeling her back and pushing himself closer to her. Just when Chul Woo want to sniff into her neck, Tiffany pulls herself and walk away from the dance floor.

“The did you think you were doing Taeyeon?!” She mutters to herself while stomping back to their room.

As if her inner self were fighting with each other, different thoughts came into her mind. Various voices were heard in her head.

“Did he tried to make you jealous?”

“Why the hell you need to feel jealous anyway? You're not even love him!”

“Then why do you need to feel affected with him?”

“Damn it! Stop it will you?!”

Chul Woo flinched upon her scream. He takes a seat beside Tiffany, wrapping his arms around her. “Babe, are you okay? What’s wrong?”

Just realized that she was talking to herself, Tiffany’s mind snap to reality. “Huh? N-nothing. I must be tired. Can we go home?”

“B-but we just arrive…”

“Please Chul Woo, I’m tired.”

He sighed. His night with Tiffany felt short, but he kept to her request. They then left the club and headed home.

--

Juniel was taken aback by his movements. Just a moment ago he turned her down, now here he is pulling her closer.

“Tae… are you trying to mess with my feelings?” – Juniel’s mind.

The dance floor feels like a silent competition between Taeyeon and Tiffany. But they don’t even know what they compete for. Seeing Tiffany walk out from the dance floor, Taeyeon pull away and leave Juniel alone, again. “I-I’m not supposed to b-be h-here…F-fa…” He walks away without finishing his words.

The room seems to float around like a boat, making he tumble when he tries to walk. His eyes seem to lag when he tries to look in a new direction. He can’t control the trajectory of his hands, or the speed at which he’s moving right now. And the next thing he remember was being dragged away from the floor.

--

Yoona voluntarily brought Taeyeon home. She helps Taeyeon to walk as the man keeps on mumbling and begging Yoona to let him walk by himself.

“Come on Taeng oppa, we’re close to your house. Just a bit more.” Yoona said while waiting for Taeyeon to get up. That man has been begging to sit in every 10 steps.

“A-a bit mm-more? You’ve been sh-saying that mul-thiplle times already!” He whined.

At the same time, Tiffany reach home. She saw Yoona tries to help Taeyeon to get up. So she speeds up her pace. She grabs Taeyeon’s other hand, making Yoona feel the weight reduced. She looks up and saw Tiffany. They then continue to drag Taeyeon to the house.

“Thank you Yoona-si, I’ll bring him in.” Tiffany said after unlocking the door.

Yoona look at her. She felt a bit upset with what she saw at the club. She knew Taeyeon pulled Juniel to dance just to express his anger after seeing Tiffany with another man. “Nah it’s okay, I can take him.” She refused her offer and just walk into the house with drunken Taeyeon.

“I-I’m sshwe-ppy…” Tiffany heard Taeyeon mumbling some words until he reach his room.

Yoona went out after tucked him in the bed. She didn’t bother to look at Tiffany and just make her way out.

“Thanks for bring him home, sorry for troubling y-…”

Tiffany didn’t get to finish her word when Yoona just walk away, ignoring her.

“What’s wrong with that girl?” She thought as she locked the door.

--

Tiffany stepped into Taeyeon's room. He seems to be sleeping soundly. When she wanted to get out of his room, Taeyeon talked in his sleep. She stopped to listen to him.

“I-I’m ss-sorry Jun-Juniel… I can’t l-lo…” He mumbled while keeping his eyes closed.

 

Juniel? Who the heck is Juniel? That’s what playing in her mind right now. Tiffany wanted to step back into her room, but her hand was suddenly pulled. She turned around and saw Taeyeon pulling her pinky finger.

“Wh-where are you going…”

“I’m going back to my room Taeyeon.”

He open his eyelid slowly even though it’s heavy. Taeyeon recognized this face, this beautiful face…

“Ohh it’s my w-wife… Tipp-ani…” He let out a small smile to her. Tiffany can see his cheeks redden. “Pp-pani ah… um are you h-happy?”

She knows it just typical things someone drunk will always do, asking silly question. Don’t know what possessed her, but Tiffany feels interested to attend question from drunken Taeyeon. She then takes a seat at the side of his bed.

“Happy? What do you mean?”

While his eyes close, he mumbles again. “Y-you are back wit-th him… You mm-must be happy...”

Tiffany goes quiet. She doesn’t know what to answer him. At this moment she doesn’t even know whether she still loves Chul Woo or not. Her interest faded. Tiffany gets up from the bed and make her way back to her room, but she heard something.

“B-but I-im hh-hurt…”

She turns around to see Taeyeon. That man already asleep, this time he really sleeps soundly.

-------------------

NEXT MORNING

Taeyeon opened his eyes slowly after the sun light shone at him. He didn’t recall open the blind window at all. He groaned because his head hurt so much because of yesterday's vodka. “ what am I even thinking yesterday?” Regretting his choice last night.

As much as he didn’t want to get out from his bed, Taeyeon force his body to move and make his way to bathroom to clean himself.

He gets out after spending good 20 minutes in hot shower. He just wears loose black hoodie paired with black jersey shorts then went out from his room. He takes aspirin from kitchen cabinet and eat it to ease his headache.

The house felt lonely out of sudden. Usually he will hear music from Tiffany’s room, or her conversation with her friend and her boyfriend. But then, Taeyeon noticed something. There’s a note sticked on the fridge.

 

Going out with Jess. Thought on waking you up but you sleep so soundly. Would not text because you never replied. Good morning Taeyeon.

 

He read the note and let out a small smile. “Seems like you didn’t forget about it.” Taeyeon take the note and put it in his bed side table drawer. Putting his hoodie up, he then grabs his car key and get out from the house.

Taeyeon drive for about 30 minutes to arrive at his favorite restaurant. This restaurant was the first place he would visit to cure his hangover. They served the best bean sprout soup for hangover. He can be called as regular customer that he was recognized by the owner of the restaurant.

“Omo Dr. Kim!” An old woman greets him as soon he walks into the restaurant.

Taeyeon flashed a big smile to her. “Good morning!” he bows to her.

“Aigoo! Our Dr. Kim is here! It’s been a while right?” A middle age man shouts from the back kitchen.

Taeyeon smiles sheepishly. Apart of their good food, he always feels welcomed here. That’s why he always come back here even it’s quite far from his house. He then went to his favorite spot, at the corner side of the restaurant because it more closed and not many customers sit there but it was… occupied.

He felt frustrated when he saw 2 women sitting there, so he took place not far from them, that is just within 1 table. The old woman came to take his order. Since he’s a regular, Taeyeon doesn’t need the menu.

“Bean sprout soup?” Taeyeon nodded to indicate that her guess was correct.

While waiting for his soup, he takes out his phone to read some news. Before this Taeyeon would only focus on current boring news. But now he would also read the entertainment section every time he read the news.

He came across news regarding Tiffany and sighed. “Great. Another day, another news.” He muttered.

As expected, news about last night. The picture on the headline showed Tiffany walk into the club with Chul Woo. Luckily, they didn't post pictures of them dancing last night. Only God knows how Chul Woo being so clingy with her. Otherwise, their fathers might have a heart attack now. Just when he thought about them, his phone ringing.

“Ah here we go again…”

“Hello dad…”

--

Tiffany goes out early in the morning to accompany Jessica to breakfast.

“Out of many restaurants, you choose here. Really Jess?” Tiffany said while cross her arm in her shoulder.

Jessica putting her spoon down after slurping her kimchi stew. “What? They served the best Korean dish Tiff.”

“You can just do it yourself. You’ve been asking the same menu every time we come here.”

“You want me to burn my kitchen didn’t you?”

Tiffany laugh. She knew how bad her friend was at cooking. There’s one time she took an hour to mix mayonnaise and tuna. By the time she’s done, the tuna not even looking like one anymore. Also, she almost put her kitchen under fire when she’s trying to bake a cake for Yuri. And the one that Tiffany can’t forget is, she deep fried a ham. God knows how many tissues they need to reduce the oil.

“Oh by the way Tiff, are you really going back to him?” Jessica started the conversation. This is one of the reasons she asked to meet Tiffany. Her news keeps coming out these past weeks.

Tiffany put her chopstick down. “I don’t know Jess, I’m not sure…”

Her eyebrows furrowed. “What about Taeyeon? Does he know?”

Tiffany nodded. “Of course he knows.”

“And he’s okay about it?”

“Y-yeah I think?”

“YOU THINK?!” Jessica shoots a glare to her friend.

Jessica takes a deep breath before talks again. “He’s an Tiff. He made you go through all this mess. You’re the one giving statement to press, you’re the one gets criticized and what has he got in the end? Nothing Tiff. He’s living his life to the fullest right now.” She then continues to scoop the kimchi stew.

Tiffany lowered her head. Jessica has her point. It was true after all. There’s no official statement from him nor his agency until now. Tiffany remained silent, not answering Jessica.

Jessica held her hand. She knew how confused his friend was now, but she also didn’t want her friend to get hurt anymore.

“I know you're smart, Tiffy. You can get better one than him. But if your heart still chooses him, you have to really make sure that this time he won't hurt you again.”

Tiffany nodded. “Thanks Jess…” She let out a small smile.

Both of them continue to enjoy their food until Jessica’s phone ringing. It’s Yuri.

“Yes babe?”

“Yes I’m with her right now.”

“WHAT?! Alright thanks babe, love you too bye.” She ended the phone call.

Jessica stares at her best friend. While Tiffany still looking clueless.

“Yah check your phone.” She pointed at Tiffany’s phone.

She could not understand why Jessica suddenly told her to check his phone. Seeing her with a confused look, she asked. “But why? So sudden?”

“Just look at it now!” She half screamed while scrolling at her phone too.

Tiffany jaws dropped when she saw the news. It was last night news. She doesn't know how it can spread while they go to a private club. It seems like people around them even tried to be a journalist now.

Suddenly they heard a voice as if quarrel on their side. They thought that this voice sounded familiar. So they turn and surprised to see it was Taeyeon who was quarrelling on the phone.

“I told you dad she’s going with me! That guy just happens to be there!”

“Of course I can’t be seen in the picture, I was already in the club!”

Slowing down his voice, he talks again. “Yes dad, I’ll be more careful after this.” He ended the call and put his phone down. They can hear him let out a heavy sigh. Tiffany knows he was talking about her. It was probably her father in-law who’s calling.

“Taeyong?” Jessica called his name.

Tiffany slap Jessica’s arm. “It’s Taeyeon silly!” She whispered.

Realizing she had mispronounced the name, she called it back. “Taeyeon? Is that you?”

Taeyeon turn his face to the voice. He’s surprised to see that they were the women sitting in his favorite spot. His eyes then landed on Tiffany. He stares her for few moments. She’s wearing a cap and clear glasses with face masked on.

“Cute.” His mind started to mess him up. He then shakes his head to clear the thoughts.

“Oh didn’t know you two know this place too.” Taeyeon started the conversation.

“Of course! This place serves the best-” Her words got cut off.

“Korean dish. I know.” He finished her sentence. Jessica nods in agreement and elbowed Tiffany to say something.

Tiffany clears . “H-hangover?” She asked while looking at sprout bean soup in front of him.

“Why bother to ask a question when you already know the answer?” He answered her flatly. He was upset with Tiffany. She didn't seem to care about his words last night. He had told her not to draw anyone's attention. But again, her face was on the front page of entertainment news today. And this morning, he was accused of not being a good husband as he’s failed to protect Tiffany from news like this.

Tiffany knows Taeyeon is mad at her. There was guilt rising from her face while seeing him. Just a when she wants to ask more, Taeyeon get up from his seat. She takes a look at his soup and side dishes. It already empty. When he wants to make his way, Jessica stopped him.

“Going home already? Don’t you want to take Tiffany too?” She asked.

Taeyeon look at Tiffany. He shakes his head. “Nope. Don’t want another news coming up. Tired of it.” He said and bid them goodbye. The two best friends just watch Taeyeon pay for his food and get out from the restaurant.

The two then finished their food and walks to the counter. Just when Jessica wanted to take her purse out, the old woman who assumed as the owner speaks. “You don't have to pay. The man had already paid for you both.”

They were surprised to hear it. “You mean, the guy wearing that hoodie?” Tiffany asked for confirmation.

The woman nodded and let out a warm smile. “Yes. Dr. Kim said you were his friends.”

“Friends? So that’s how you address me…” Tiffany’s mind speaks up.

Then, another head voice coming in. “You also consider him a replacement. So it's fair, right?”

They nodded and went out from the restaurant. Before they hop into the car, Jessica did say something to Tiffany.

“You know what Tiffy, I started to think he’s cooler than that . You better choose wisely”

Tiffany rolled her eyes. “Yeah whatever Jess. Let’s go.” She hops into the car and Jessica started drive away from there, continuing their schedule for the day.

“Choose wisely…” Tiffany keeps on repeating Jessica’s word along their drive.


Here's a lonnggggg update! I think it's quite long comparing to my usual target keke ^^ 

Pardon my grammar and spelling mistakes! Too lazy to check it ><