The First and Last Time They Kissed

The First and Last Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongguk liked to believe that their first kiss was special. He never said that outloud, but it was a secret he kept to himself.

After the dinner date that Seungwoo had practically set them up on, Yongguk’s best friend, Himchan, invited the two to a bar in order to meet Seungah properly. On Himchan’s insistence, Yongguk and Seungah joined him, but after the first two drinks, Himchan left, and he left the two alone for the rest of the night.

Even when they weren’t together, they were constantly texting or calling each other. Even occasionally video calling each other after work. But there wasn’t any progress in any other way.

Until their third date, after which they had their first date.

For their third date, Seungah asked Yongguk out this time. Seungwoo had mentioned how they hadn’t gone on a coffee date yet, so it would be a good idea to go. And so, they had gone out for a coffee date at a cafe near Seungah’s place on a bright Sunday afternoon. By this time, Yongguk realized that Seungah wasn’t big on coffee, but she did like a vanilla creme latte (her reasoning was that it tasted like vanilla ice cream). He had tried it before, but it was too sweet for him. He preferred the classic ice americano. That was okay with the couple, though. They had their differences, but that’s what made them click in different ways. The fact that they could agree on topics while having completely different tastes and opinions in other things was something he was proud of in their relationship.

Yongguk and Seungah had a peaceful date. They just enjoyed the other’s presence for the most part. They occasionally chatted about their everyday lives, and they talked about their own personal lives - what they liked and disliked. Roughly an hour later, they were just about ready to head out. Both of them felt quite at ease, and they were encased with comfort just by being around it each other. Yongguk wasn’t sure where this feeling was coming from. He supposed it was because this was the first date that they went on based on their own accords.

“You don’t have to walk me home, you know,” Seungah spoke. Yongguk grabbed a hold of her hand, and then he swung their arms back and forth.

“I know. But I want to.”

“You’re so cheesy.”

“You like it though,” Yongguk grinned as he spoke, and Seungah laughed. The two joked around with each other the entire way back to her place, and once they got up to the front door of Seungah’s apartment, they stood facing each other.

“You should go now,” Seungah said. “Thanks for today.”

“Of course

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter