The First and Last Time They Hugged

The First and Last Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first time Seungah hugged Yongguk was a complete accident caused by her annoying baby brother. A few days after they had met at the party, Yongguk asked Seungah out on a date. After much ‘convincing’ from him and Seungwoo, she finally agreed to give the man a chance.

Except, it wasn’t exactly them convincing her. Rather, Seungwoo burst into Seungah’s apartment (she immediately regretting the day she gave him her apartment’s passcode) saying that Yongguk was five minutes away from her house to pick her up for a date.

Seungah was lounging on the couch on a regular midsummer Tuesday night while stalking Yongguk’s Instagram account with music playing in the background. Her left foot dangled over the edge of the couch as it moved along to the beat of the song while she played with her skirt’s hem with the hand not holding the phone.

“Damn this boy has a sharp jawline,” she muttered as she kept scrolling farther down, careful not to accidentally like any of his old pictures. That would be disastrous.

Her attention was torn away from the pictures from the door’s lock beeping to signal that the door had been opened from the outside. Seungah locked her phone and put it down on the coffee table. She wasn’t expecting anyone to come over, but there was only one person who knew the code - Seungwoo. She didn’t dare give the code to her parents in case they dropped by during some...inopportune moments. The only reason Seungwoo had the code was because he would stay over sometimes. And because he wouldn’t stop pestering her about the code until she gave it to him.

Sure enough, Seungwoo came barrelling in, panting like a dog.

“What are you doing here?” she asked him as she stood up. His hair was matted down due to his sweat, and he leaned his hands on his knees to catch his breath. Seungah stared at him for a moment before walking over to the kitchen to get him some water.

“Yongguk...five minutes...date,” he managed to get out. Seungah froze in her spot.

“What?” she muttered when she turned around to look at her brother.

“I may have mentioned that you said yes to him about the date tonight,” Seungwoo sheepishly replied.

“You-” Seungah started, but Seungwoo cut her off.

“Kill me later, but first you need to get ready.” He pushed her in the direction of her bedroom, and she tripped over her own feet before running into her room to dress for the date.

“Is he taking me out to dinner? When did he even ask me out for tonight anyways?!” she asked through the closed door of her bedroom. She pushed open the door to her walk in closet and started looking through the hanging dresses.

“Yes!” she heard the reply. “He accidentally texted me instead of you, but I responded for you anyways. Hurry up, Seungah! He’ll be up soon!” She would’ve said yes on the first ask, but she had to have some sort of push-and-pull in the relationship. Besides, where was the fun in simply saying yes?

“How do you know he’s five minutes away?” Seungah asked as she took off her current clothes to put on a navy blue summer dress with net sleeves. She ran around the room gathering her jewelry, makeup, and shoes before sitting down at the vanity table to finish getting ready. She only had enough time to do a light and natural makeover.

“Because he texted me thinking it was you remember!”

“And you didn’t tell him? Before or now?” Seungah rolled her eyes.

“I forgot! And then I ran to you first!”

“You could’ve called me?!”

“I wasn’t thinking!”

“Do you ever?”

“Oh shut up!”

“Fine but then you won’t know when Yongguk’s here!”

“There’s a thing called a doorbell!”

“You’ll regret that!”

Uh-oh. He was right. The last time Seungwoo had opened the door for her date, he had accidentally spilled that she had spent an hour changing clothes before giving up because she didn’t care about what she looked like in front of him. The rest of the night her date kept making snide remarks about how she didn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter