The First and Last Time They Ever Saw Each Other

The First and Last Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first time Bang Yongguk saw Ong Seungah was through her younger brother, Ong Seungwoo, who was an underground dancer. It was a rather unconventional meeting, what with him being an underground rapper and her being a tour guide. It was only because Seungwoo had dragged Seungah to a party that he had been invited to was she was finally introduced to Yongguk’s world.

For each of them, discovering the other was as if they were discovering a brand new world full of new ideas and challenges. Yongguk never realized how knowledgeable tour guides were about the smallest parts of Korea, and Seungah never realized how talented underground rappers were.

That day, the two of them simply looked at each other from afar, admiring the life the other led. That is, until Yongguk gathered the courage to go up to Seungah after bouts of teasing coming from his friends who caught him staring at the female. There were definitely butterflies for the both, but sometimes they felt like pterodactyls instead.

“Hi, I’m Yongguk.” Yongguk spoke in his deep, honey like voice. Seungah expected his voice to be a lot rougher considering he was a rapper, but the smoothness in his voice caught her off guard.

“Hello. I’m Seungah,” she responded with a slight smile gracing her face.

“Would you like to join me?” she asked him, pointing towards the empty chair facing the seat she was in. Seungah leaned her bare arms against the table, her hands playing with the cup holding her drink.

“Sure.” He sat down, setting his cup down on the table as well. Seungah crossed her legs, smoothing out the skirt of her black dress.

“I’ve never seen you at any of the underground parties before,” Yongguk commented. Seungah shrugged.

“My baby brother decided to drag me out as his ride since his car broke down.”

“Let me guess, Seungwoo? That kid was complaining about the damned car for two days.” Seungah tilted her head back and laughed, nodding.

“Even though he’s already 20, he still acts like a kid. He’s forever my baby brother though.”

“Well, if you don’t mind me asking, how old are you?” Yongguk asked.

“Depends. How old are you?” Seungah retorted with sass filling her tone. Yongguk smirked, raising an eyebrow in the process.

“25.”

“Oh?”

“Why, am I too old for you?” Yongguk joked.

“Au contraire,” Seungah replied. “I’m the same age as you.”

“That’s interesting.”

“What? That I’m older than I look?”

Yongguk paused for a moment. “Yes, but I was referring to the french. Didn’t realize you knew how to speak french,” Yongguk commented as he leaned back in his chair.

“Well, we’ve just met. There’s much more to my s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter