I Like You, I Like You Not...

Brian in the Life of Jae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jae didn’t like it when Wonpil was sad, but his dislike for grumpy Wonpil was eve greater. Good, he deserved it. Jae was curled on one side of his bed while Wonpil occupied the other end glowering at Jae like a grumpy cat. Long gone was cuddly Wonpil whom he brought back home.

“So…” Jae tried and somehow hoped Wonpil would start a conversation himself, that he only needed a little push. Instead, Wonpil squinted his eyes and waited for Jae to finish what he started.

In awkward silence, they were just watching each other. Wonpil was all serious, on of his brows raised in question, still waiting for Jae to speak up. Jae on the other hand waited for Wonpil to finally ask about Brian.

Another while and Jae noticed his friend was biting his bottom lip, then it started to tremble and few seconds later, Wonpil burst into roaring laughter. “I can’t do this anymore…” 

“Do what?” Jae was hella confused.

“What?” Wonpil asked back, confused. 

“Oh-my-gosh, you really are idiot.”

Wonpil scrunched up his nose as he laughed again. “At this point I take it as a pet name.” He shifted on the bed, now sitting right next to Jae, who was warm and squishy. He draped himself over Jae, hugging him. “I’m still cold.”

Jae reached for the blanket that rested on the foot of the bed and threw it over them both. “Better?”

“Much better.” Wonpil snuggled even closer. “I planned on playing mean for longer, but I couldn’t help myself but laugh.” He giggled.

“Playing mean? What do you mean…” Jae turned to Wonpil.

“You already apologized, but I still felt like teasing you. You know I can’t stay mad at you for long.” He trailed off. “But then again, I waited for you in this cold, you were late and then baaam, I learn that you were with Mr. Kang all this time?” 

“Sorry… for forgetting about our plans. All of us were supposed to meet, but because of me-”

“Ah, stop it.” Wonpil groaned. “I was just grumpy because I was cold… but I’m warm and cozy now. Too bad you’re not hotter.” 

Jae pulled back from his friend, looking at him like he was slapped. “And what is that supposed to mean?”

“Maybe I’m still in my mean mode, you know?” He teased. “But really, you’re not that hot, no need to get so defensive.” Wonpil shrugged.

“Not that hot? Excuse you, I’m very desirable!”

“Uh-huh. Sure.” Wonpil looked at him and scoffed.

“You don’t think so?” Jae pulled back the blanket and crossed his arms at his chest.

“Give it back!!” Wonpil screeched and reached over to pull the blanket back, but Jae pushed him back to his place. 

“Answer first, no banket for you until then.”

Wonpil pouted, back to his usual self. He mirrored Jae’s posture, crossing his arms as well. “I mean, you are. But I don’t find you attractive anymore…?” He huffed.

“Thank God.” 

“Now, do I take that as an insult or what?” He laughed and reached for the blanket, Jae let him.

“I mean... you used to like me!” Jae screeched. “I thought-”

“Jae thinking… that’s new.” Wonpil retorted. “I used to like you, when we were…. what 12?” Wonpil pursed his lips. “But you missed your greatest chance to get a peace of this.” He pointed to himself. 

“Ewww. Sthaph.” Jae raised his hands.

“No… really. It was all nice, but it is long overdue. I started to like someone recently…”

Jae gave him a judging look. “How recently?”

“Uhm…” He blushed. “Today?”

“Noooooo way.” Jae smiled wide. “Sungjin?”

His friend flushed even more. “How would you know?”

“I just know….” He smiled triumphantly. “So what about Sungjin?”

Wonpil suddenly became restless, he played with his hands, ran his fingers through his hair. “He’s sweet, you know? He’s nice to me… Has wonderful personality, is good looking. And his eyes. Don’t even make me start about his eyes.

“You already did.”

“I mean, did you ever look into his eyes and went wow, he has such a beautiful eyes…?” Wonpil sighed. “That was me today… all day.”

“Is that why you sneaked around him like some snake when I was leaving?”

His friend squinted. “Did you call me a snake again?”

“Hah… nope. You heard something wrong.”

“Uh-huh, Mr. I’m-judging-your-behaviour-hard. What about you leaving school and coming home with engaged man? Don’t judg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter