How To Love...?

Brian in the Life of Jae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jae’s hands were clammy from the heat in the car, or was it just him. He couldn’t stop playing with his hands. One can’t blame him, though. Being alone in a car with your crush, suddenly did things to Jae. He was now sitting in passenger seat, with Younghyun just arms’ length away. Things like, he couldn’t really speak, and even if he did, he would stutter and blush like crazy, to which Younghyun would react with a shy, knowing smile.

“Congratulations, by the way.” Brian spoke at last, trying to break that silence.

“Thanks.” Jae mumbled without meeting his eyes. “Jackson told me you came.”

That had Younghyun chuckling awkwardly. “Oh, yes. I couldn’t not come, you know. Your class being the first I taught and is graduating now.” Jae didn’t reply. “I didn’t know you and Jackson were on talking terms.”

Jae raised his hands in panic, he was afraid the other would get the wrong idea. “No, we’re not actually… he just… mentioned it while we were taking a picture together. You know, to show my grandchildren.” 

“Grandchildren?” Younghyun asked.

Jae chuckled. “I mean… to look at once when I’ll be ugly, old, gray hair, wrinkles and all that.”

“That would never happen.” Muttered so quietly that Jae almost overheard it because of a low humming of the engine.

Jae stole one glance at the other and smiled one of his cheeky smiles when he noticed Younghyun looking at him. Jae took his phone out of his pocket. He opened the picture Jackson took and showed it to Brian. “I’m ugly already, it will be worse once I get old.” In the picture Jae is grimacing because he was just saying something, and Jackson decided to snap it just then.

Younghyun chuckles, taking the phone from Jae, zooming in on his face, throwing his head back with laughter. “Okay, I acknowledge this may not be the most flattering picture of yourself, but you definitely don’t look ugly. Maybe you need a new prescription?” He reached out and flicked the frame sitting on the bridge of Jae’s nose.

Jae blushed and tried to reach for his phone, but the older pulled his hand out of Jae’s reach. “Na-ah, we need to make memories. Something to look at when we’ll be old.” Jae didn’t like how his chest clenched when he heard the we and saw Younghyun opening the camera app, changing it to front camera.

“Hell no, I’m not taking pictures.” Jae covered his face. The car became quiet again, the older was humming some song randomly. And then Jae heard vibrating. He looked to Younghyun who looked at him as a deer caught in a headlights and quickly declined the incoming call, shrugging. He still didn’t give Jae’s phone back.

“Are you sure about the picture?” Jae scrunched his nose, looking out of the window. They were still parking in front of Ayeon’s apartment complex. He heard a faint click of a shutter and abruptly turned around.

“You did not just take a picture of me!” 

“I didn’t, I swear!” 

“Show me the phone.” Jae narrowed his eyes and extended his hand.

What he didn’t expect was Brian pulling him by the hand, making him lean in. Just then Jae heard the shutter again. 

“Ugh.” Jae groaned and scowled at the older. “I hate you.” Another not so fluttering picture in the gallery, great.

“I know.” Younghyun laughed.

“I was kidding, I don’t hate you.” Jae whispered, suddenly feeling bad about his words. He would never hate Brian, he could never hate the  man.

“I know.” He handed Jae his phone back. As Jae took it, their fingers brushed and Jae swears his heart skipped a beat. When his eyes fell on his phone, his eyes bulged out. He certainly didn’t realise that time flew by that fast. It was already past 5pm, and he had a get together planned with his friends, he was late. “Oh .” Jae panicked and upon realizing he cursed he covered his mouth.

Amused, Younghyun just chuckled. “This is not a classroom, and I, myself use worse words.” 

“Okay. Oh  , then. I’m late for get together with my ga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter