Goodbye Winter... or not

Brian in the Life of Jae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When Brian parks the car in in front of the house, he is pleasantly surprised by absence of his parent’s car. That means he has the house all to himself and he can cry to his heart’s content because he is coward who can’t man up to say simple - ‘Goodbye and take’ care to Jae. Maybe add some hug or kiss on the cheek, no one should judge, okay?

 

“Home already?” Ayeon peeps up from the living room, making Younghyun jump, his heart beating miles per hour - he certainly didn’t expect to find his fiance sprawled on the sofa with devastated expression on her face. Somehow he knew she wasn’t sad for the same reason he was.

He sat down on the sofa right next to her, nudging her leg so she would leave more space for him to sit. Ayeon curled more to herself and lifted her bloodshot eyes to meet Younghyun’s that were no different.

 

“How did you even get inside?” was the first thing he asked, conversation starter, because it seemed like none of them was ready to approach the topic just yet.

The question made a teasing smile appear on Ayeon’s face. “I arrived just as your parents were leaving, and they just gave me the key. You know,” she sat up straight and turned to face him, “they love me so much that they actually let me.”

Younghyun scoffs at the statement. “Yeah, i know, they love you more than me… but, did they ask where I went, we didn’t come together.” He really hoped that the smart girl in front of him came up with some good excuse as to why they didn’t come back together.

Ayeon smiles triumphantly. “I told them I craved something sweet and you being the awesome fiance that does everything I want, went to buy it. Sprinting.”

Rolling his eyes, Younghyun crosses arms over his chest. “I believe the wording was different? They would never believe I ran. Kang Younghyun never runs, remember?”

“Okay, maybe I just said you went to buy some chocolates for me…” she deflates and her mood shifts again.

“Now that we have this out of the way… what was the real reason you came? As far as I remember we never promised to meet again today.”

Sudden shift of topic made her furrow her brows as she she tried to put it as simple as possible. “Um, Jaebum is not too pleased about our wedding.” She says and points between the two of them.

“You don’t say.” Younghyun mocks with a raised brow. “I never really understood how he agreed with all this in the first place.”

“Well, he never knew. I only told him now…?”

“Wait, what..?” His eyes are bulged out and this look of disbelief on his face is rare - happened only when someone touches his food. And NO ONE touches Younghyun’s food, they know better.

“It never came up!” She retorted.

“It never came up….” He parotted in that annoying way of his.

“Look you called me all distressed that night, after all the years and it was too fast for me to think about it further, seriously I needed to come up with something more than just ‘okay I’ll be your fake fiancee’ but at that moment…” she palms her face, “I couldn't’t. I really wanted to help you, you know. And I still want to help you, but I didn’t think of how to subtly tell Jaebum I’m doing this.” She throws her hands around, gesturing wildly.

Younghyun groans by her side. “So let me get this straight. Today you went to meet him, and without him knowing what’s going on, you dropped the bomb?”

Ayeon nodded like a little child being scolded by her parents. “Well…yeah.”

“And he got furious and said he can’t accept that?” Another nod. “Then did you at least tell him I’m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter